Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:55:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is crashing. Why? :(  (Read 7140 times)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:54:13 PM

BTC is going toward $200 unfortunately, only by then it will take another decision (going up or keep going down)

That's scary thought though.

You know what's even scarier? Not that the price is falling, but if bitcoin never existed in the first place. It's just how the market plays out its own games on people. The price is based on how people react to certain events. Up or down, it is the people in the markets who decide. There's nothing scary to it, unless you put your life savings in it at stake.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:05:05 PM

BTC is going toward $200 unfortunately, only by then it will take another decision (going up or keep going down)

You know what's even scarier? Not that the price is falling, but if bitcoin never existed in the first place. It's just how the market plays out its own games on people. The price is based on how people react to certain events. Up or down, it is the people in the markets who decide. There's nothing scary to it, unless you put your life savings in it at stake.

The world with no options would really suck, cause then any banking crisis we just take it like a champ without moving our money.

I think most people under appreciate that bitcoin itself exist to protect our money from those events happening..

lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:07:10 PM

I think most people under appreciate that bitcoin itself exist to protect our money from those events happening..

If I understand you correctly, you spent real money on Bitcoin?  To avoid losing it?
How's that working out for you lately?

It doesnt have to be spending real money on bitcoin.

Although most probably do this. I think most holders like that guy are earning obviously or getting a way to get btc without the pay for fiat.

I myself sold something recently for bitcoin before this whole downtrend price.

luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:48:18 PM

Bitcoin is crashing down because there is no new good news to support its over manipulated prices.

And also that the people who brought Bitcoins and don't have patience are cashing out.

Its crashing down because people cant see the adjusments based on technical stuff.

Which is like the bitcoin split or the difficulty on the rise around and another halving.. its stuff like that. Whats worst is that we havent seen the better parts to bitcoin where new exchanges of gemini can also effect it.

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:13:09 AM

Unless you have instantly sold for fiat, you've lost money.  The very thing that Bitcoin, according to techgeek, is meant to protect you from Undecided

Unless the devs stop bickering and sabotaging it, we cannot have a safe currency. Fiat is crap but until this big mess gets sorted out it seems a better haven (at the risk of bail-in).

I`m thinking about Litecoin ,NXT, Bitshares, Ethereum and maybe Monero and Nushares, as a basket of safe haven for now, I`d not switch to fiat personally.

If Bitcoin survives it becomes stronger, if it does not then the Altcoins will have something to learn from!

wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 08:03:55 PM

its 230$ again and going strong, it was just a little price down as its back to 230$ and it started going down from 260$ and now the difference is only for 30$ you cant say it is a crash.

RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:23:11 AM

its 230$ again and going strong, it was just a little price down as its back to 230$ and it started going down from 260$ and now the difference is only for 30$ you cant say it is a crash.

Well certainly this China mess & the Dow jones -10% crash is affecting the dollar, and a new crisis is just around the corner.

But remember we got a crisis with bitcoin too, this XT madness, so its really a dead end.

I`d hedge myself with some altcoins just to be safe, until this XT mess is resolved we wont see 1000$ bitcoin for sure.

MonkeyCoin11

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:31:33 AM

This is the end of the summer holiday, the price will crash...
It usually rise in begin of the holiday and crash after.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:09:35 AM

and also the price should recover in autumn, betting on a rally around the summer is a bit naive if you ask me, there never a good pump or a notorious ones in the summer, if i'm not mistaken

winter and autumn should bring a fresh new air to bitcoin and hopefully an increase in value, i believe that, this is a long despair fase...
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:15:58 AM

It's gone up since the $200 drop. We'll see if the slightly upward trend will continue.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:44:31 AM

Why is it crashing?

Where do you found this gem? What excellent annalist of bitcoin have arrived in a such definitive and (according to me) surprising conclusion? Please refer here the sources to learn more and to have the possibility to discuss about the facts given about this great discovery.
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:12:33 AM

Manipulators using the fork as an excuse for fear.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 07:26:29 AM

Yes and they also have removed now all the small players from the market by scaring the off.
And now the market is in their full control and they can do whatever they want with it.

RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 09:01:20 AM

Yes and they also have removed now all the small players from the market by scaring the off.
And now the market is in their full control and they can do whatever they want with it.

Manipulators are the least thing to worry about. Price goes up and down, following the median line of valuation, with 2-3 standard deviation of variance.

The big problem bitcoin faces is an existential one, I`m more worried that the developers fuck up the code or implement a new protocol with cryptographic vulnerabilities. Yes the devs have IQ over 140 and are very good at what they do, but they are certainly egomaniacs, and above all humans, who can do errors.

So i`m more worried about a black swan error that can break the protocol, a sort of unseen bug or glitch that can be exploited very hardly.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 09:19:33 AM

the market has always been in control of whales/large investors, nothing new here. these dramatic price movements will indeed scare away weak hands, but the question is, for how long.
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:33:30 PM

Because you're not buying coins Grin

It could be a good reason .... people or some whales buying some coins for selling at higher price but see not happening and no interesting in BTC so decide to sell them eventually ..........
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:06:09 PM

lol that's more accurate than u know mate fud is pretty effective depending on ho it comes from and where it orginates from

Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:16:02 PM

The first thing is bitcoin is not crashing ..its just getting its stability,
and plus other altcoins is just more profitable than bitcoin but they cant continue that .
so just wait some years .

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
s1ng
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:28:57 PM

The first thing is bitcoin is not crashing ..its just getting its stability,

Bitcoin price on range : $ 230 - $ 280 on this period. Mostly will got increase on weekend as I can see on bitstamp chart.
But we can't predict when bitcoin will change it's price trend since bitcoin's value will got increase without being realize.
So for bitcoin holder, keep hold your bits and watch your bits grow
tonycamp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:23:56 PM

it does not crashes complete there's like 1 million dependents of it

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print