Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:07:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have $11 Bitcoin and Want $10 PayPal I'll go first. Be trusted Please  (Read 964 times)
JeezusChrist (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:06:20 AM

Hello all-

I have aroun $11.15 or so in btc, need $10 sent o my PayPal please.  Can you help. Just be trusted and I'll go first, then you can send to my PayPal.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
V.Lace

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:11:14 AM

Hello all-

I have aroun $11.15 or so in btc, need $10 sent o my PayPal please.  Can you help. Just be trusted and I'll go first, then you can send to my PayPal.
I can do this, let me know. if you want you can put ur bitcoins in escrow

JeezusChrist (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:16:44 AM

Hello all-

I have aroun $11.15 or so in btc, need $10 sent o my PayPal please.  Can you help. Just be trusted and I'll go first, then you can send to my PayPal.
I can do this, let me know. if you want you can put ur bitcoins in escrow

No need, just need your btc addy- I'll send and then wait for my PayPal
V.Lace

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:21:39 AM

PM me your PAYPAL ID

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:21:58 AM

You really should use escrow and you really shouldn't accept PayPal from users that do not have significant amounts of reputation, even if it is only $10.

If you don't follow this advice then you will almost certainly get scammed.
V.Lace

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:25:13 AM

You really should use escrow and you really shouldn't accept PayPal from users that do not have significant amounts of reputation, even if it is only $10.

He sent me funds but let me wait for confirmation first, cause I heard reversal is possible also with bitcoins now.  also how should I send you paypal funds?  as gift or service?

V.Lace

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:28:46 AM

OP you want me to post your transaction details here or in Private?

V.Lace

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:41:44 AM

Trade was Completed.  Op please be more cautions like Quick Seller said always use escrow.  Lucky for you Im one of the good guys. 

gameristo
Legendary

Activity: 1398
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 09:36:03 AM

I have clean legit paypal funds

ready send for btc

see my threads

waiting for you

My old btc wallet id: 1GmLs8e6VL5i9UcLmLypSKbyDHKjAtkg6g
howbtc

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Coinchat.org: Earn free BTC for chatting!

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:22:19 PM

Hello all-

I have aroun $11.15 or so in btc, need $10 sent o my PayPal please.  Can you help. Just be trusted and I'll go first, then you can send to my PayPal.
hi sir Pm me if you stiil need, i have dollar paypal $10 ...
and i fast respon if i online ... Smiley

V.Lace

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:23:51 PM

Guys Deal was done already, sorry.  I hope OP can close this thread and leave trade feedback as well.

kingofbitcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Good bye Blockchain , you were hacked

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:37:56 PM

Seeing a lot of people getting denied to buy with paypal (and of course with great argument) one way to sell for paypal is giving only few BTC daily until 21 days have passed. Although Paypal has a 180 day dispute chargeback window after 21 days if the guy try to chargeback the payment ,paypal will not let it as to make this as an unauthorized transaction paypal can believe you if you charge back within 96 hours, others chargebacks are all lost.

Bottom line if you want to sell with paypal, go to localbitcoins and sell there for a big premium like many do.

1DDc49pyE3xEbCt8YakfLe48Syrq5XLve

ISLAM-The only true monotheist religion
V.Lace

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:02:32 PM

Seeing a lot of people getting denied to buy with paypal (and of course with great argument) one way to sell for paypal is giving only few BTC daily until 21 days have passed. Although Paypal has a 180 day dispute chargeback window after 21 days if the guy try to chargeback the payment ,paypal will not let it as to make this as an unauthorized transaction paypal can believe you if you charge back within 96 hours, others chargebacks are all lost.

Bottom line if you want to sell with paypal, go to localbitcoins and sell there for a big premium like many do.

What does your input have to do with our trade?  Not everyone in the world is a criminal.  also I think your input at this point is irrelevant as you have red all over your trust. Roll Eyes

kingofbitcoin

Activity: 406

Good bye Blockchain , you were hacked

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:17:09 PM

What does your input have to do with our trade?  Not everyone in the world is a criminal.  also I think your input at this point is irrelevant as you have red all over your trust. Roll Eyes

Of course i have from people that never traded with me. There is something called envy in this world Smiley

1DDc49pyE3xEbCt8YakfLe48Syrq5XLve

ISLAM-The only true monotheist religion
alva5763

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:24:50 PM

It is unfortunate for the honest traders that there are so many dishonest scammers.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:56:14 PM

Isn't escrow completely pointless with the existence chargebacks?
Unless the escrow holds the BTC for 180 days, you can lose it all despite using an escrow for the trade.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
xetsr
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:34:18 PM

Isn't escrow completely pointless with the existence chargebacks?
Unless the escrow holds the BTC for 180 days, you can lose it all despite using an escrow for the trade.

Escrow is used to make sure the buyer of BTC receives the BTC. It doesn't stop a chargeback but neither does receiving first.

You might think, oh well paypal is the only one at lose here but why should we let these PayPal scammers who have NO interest in BTC get away with stealing ANYTHING here?
jambola2
Legendary

Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:58:03 PM

*snip*
Escrow is used to make sure the buyer of BTC receives the BTC. It doesn't stop a chargeback but neither does receiving first.

You might think, oh well paypal is the only one at lose here but why should we let these PayPal scammers who have NO interest in BTC get away with stealing ANYTHING here?

Let's say Alice is selling 1 BTC for 300$ to Bob, via Paypal. Bob is a scammer.

Scenario A:

They decide to use an escrow.
Alice sends 1 BTC to the trusted escrow, Bob sends 300 $ via Paypal to Alice.
The escrow releases the 1 BTC to Bob.
Bob files a chargeback on Paypal and gets his 300$ back:

End result: Alice has nothing, Bob has the Paypal money and the Bitcoin

Scenario B:

They decide to not use an escrow.
Alice sends 1 BTC, Bob doesn't send the Paypal money.

End result: Alice has nothing, Bob has the Paypal money and the Bitcoin

There is no difference, atleast in this scenario. Even if you reverse it, such that the person offering the Bitcoin is a scammer, the Paypal user can always rightfully chargeback.
The person using Paypal to send money, is always perfectly secured against scammers due to the ability to chargeback and can scam at will too.
Your insistence upon escrow would make a difference in any BTC only transaction, but not here.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:08:56 PM

There is no guarantee that a PayPal chargeback will be successful. Charging back PayPal funds requires the scamming person to lie to PayPal in a (sworn?) statement assuming that the account/funds are not hacked/stolen. If the funds are in fact hacked/stolen then generally speaking, the funds will be quickly reversed, so if a short holding period is used as part of the escrow agreement, then the funds will hopefully be reversed prior to the holding period expiring.

Escrow in a PayPal transaction does not protect a bitcoin seller the same way that it protects him in a cash trade, however it does provide minimal protection and is better then nothing. 
xetsr
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:15:41 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 10:32:48 PM by xetsr

The person using Paypal to send money, is always perfectly secured against scammers due to the ability to chargeback and can scam at will too.
Your insistence upon escrow would make a difference in any BTC only transaction, but not here.

The person sending PayPal is NOT always safe. If I send a payment while at home or work without using a VPN, proxy or TOR and send as friends and family using my PayPal balance (not credit, debit, bank and etc), there will be a slim chance of me getting my money back. I wouldn't be able to chargeback outside of PayPal because I've used my balance. Won't be able to claim unauthorized because they would notice the IP address. Doing so would also put my PayPal account at risk and there is a very good chance my funds would be frozen.

No matter how you put it, at the end of the day escrow still protects the buyer of BTC (person sending paypal) only. Sending first or receiving PayPal first does NOT prevent a chargeback.

Why should these PayPal scammers or any other scammer get free money? Most have no interest in BTC and are only here on a bitcoin forum to scam paypal funds while cluttering up the currency exchange section. Fuck em all  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: