Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:57:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buying bitcoins, why are sellers so crazy?  (Read 2513 times)
sunspotss (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 12:22:07 AM

a week ago i was full of hope. the hope of finding someone that would sell me a small amount of bitcoins at a reasonable price without having to divulge my personal information to any peculiar website with hacker issues... alas....

after a disappointingly tedious weeklong attempt at communicating these hopes to other people, ive realized noone gives a crap.

so, as a reasonable lurker, whats the best way to go about purchasing a small amount of bitcoins from an individual??

i realize, paypal is not good for sellers.
paying for coins via credit card? impossible.

ahh... but what say you about a western union transfer? the seller practically has absolutely nothing to fear. in fact if anyone has anything to be scared about its the buyer! so why doesnt anyone want to sell me bitcoins if im willing to take the risk and pay them via western union?

basically, my question is, is there anyone out there that would be willing to sell me 17 bitcoins give or take, using western union?
or perhaps an E-transfer if you reside in canada?

CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 12:25:24 AM

When it comes to somebody new to the scene with 0 rep, sellers will usually require you to "go first".

As for paypal, a buyer can easily reverse said transaction after the seller as sent the coins.

Scammers run rampant on these forums, so users are always on guard (and hesitant to selling to newbies)
sunspotss (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 12:34:38 AM

When it comes to somebody new to the scene with 0 rep, sellers will usually require you to "go first".

of course i realize scammers are everywhere, and in general i wasnt really reffering to these particular forums, i made my account here merely to ask my questions,
what exactly do you mean by sellers usually require you to "go first" i mean, western union for example, the buyer would obviously send the money first and upon receiving said money, the seller would send the bitcoins to the buyers addy, or at least thats what makes sense to me... but thats what im asking- why, if this person youre selling to is putting their necks on the line and you dont have to worry about anything besides picking up the money before the store closes, wouldnt you sell to them?
i mean, gosh haha i really do get it, that a random person online is untrustworthy because the majority of people are untrustworthy, but if you arent risking anything i dont see why you wouldnt help a sister out. i dont mean you, personally, i mean "you" as in everyone/anyone.
sunspotss (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 12:39:00 AM

You can always mail cash (CAN or USD) to Al's pawnshop and as soon as he gets the cash he will give you the BTC.  I have done this many times.  What could be simpler?  Of course you have to trust the postal service to not lose your envelope of cash...

what is this Al's pawnshoppe you speak of?
WorldOfBitcoin

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 12:44:20 AM

There is a reason the premium of bitcoin on ebay is so high. traditional methods are flawed, ie credit/paypal. Its not hard to find some one willing to let you do cash deposits into there bank account. This requires no ID, nor do you need to divulge any personal information.

You can use bittinstant and pay a premium. or you can PM me if your interested. I sell locally as well as letting people deposit into my accounts. I can usually offer mtgox rate with no markup.  
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 12:44:28 AM

perhaps an E-transfer if you reside in canada?

Nanaimo Gold in Canada accepts Western Union.  There have been reports of problem trades with this vendor, but that may be due to Western Union sucking hind tit as a payment network:
 - https://www.nanaimogold.com/buy_DGC.php

Accepts Western Union for the purchase of Bitcoins:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/ECurrencyZone  <--  Relatively new vendor though

Bitcoins Direct also will accept Western Union, but only for purchases of $500 or more:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094.0

Are you sure sending cash via XPressPost to Canadian Bitcoins isn't a method that works for you?  Their site even shows cash deposit at TD Bank though it may be unclear if that is still a supported method.
 - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Canadian_Bitcoins

You could also try sending cash (CAD) in the mail to Bitcoin Nordic in Denmark:
 - http://www.BitcoinNordic.com

BitInstant now supports online bank transfer from Canada:
 - http://www.bitinstant.com

Perhaps there is some other method that will work for you as well:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 01:17:59 AM

localbitcoins.com

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:23:17 AM

bitcoinary.com has sellers that are willing to accept paypal...i did 2 buy transactions today.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 01:26:51 AM

localbitcoins.com

This. It is anonymous, quick and usually also cheap way how to buy bitcoins.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:35:16 AM

I've used bitfloor.com sevral times to get bitcoins.

The whole process from registration to receiving my bitcoins seriously only took about 30 minutes.

I used the cash deposit into their bank account option. As soon as I got home from depositing, the money was already in my account.

Hope this helps, cheers
beeteecee

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 01:35:30 AM

If you're in Vancouver I can sell you bitcoins. Only up to 280 CAD for now but will increase my limits later. My info is in the footer.

You can also try these guys: https://www.canadianbitcoins.com/ I've dealt with them once and it was as promised on the website, no complaints here. But their rates bite a little bit.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 08:10:38 AM

Nanaimo Gold in Canada accepts Western Union.  There have been reports of problem trades with this vendor, but that may be due to Western Union sucking hind tit as a payment network:
 - https://www.nanaimogold.com/buy_DGC.php

Nobody who has followed the instructions has ever had a problem.

Fraudsters often try to card WU and cash out through digital currency exchangers. Nothing is more liquid than digital currency and nothing is more attractive to carders.

To combat this, I refuse all orders paid for online with credit cards. Cash trades is a cash only business.

Black PR from foiled carders should be considered in context. I have stopped MANY thieves from having their way with stolen cards. In that way I protect honest traders.

Currently I am picking up WU for trade into bitcoin at the PREVAILING GOX PRICE, while charging NO COMMISSION. this special offer may end at any time.

If you are able to lift your ass from the chair, you are able to buy bitcoin anonymously from practically anywhere in the world.

Its not hard to find some one willing to let you do cash deposits into there bank account. This requires no ID, nor do you need to divulge any personal information.

But there is a problem with trusting the depositor to be genuine. This forum is home to dozens of lying scumbags who might get your account closed just for the lulz. If you are inviting people to deposit to your bank account, you are advices to qualify them before divulging account details.

Currently I have accounts open at Royal Bank, Toronto Dominion and Bank of America in USA.

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:55:59 AM

a week ago i was full of hope. the hope of finding someone that would sell me a small amount of bitcoins at a reasonable price without having to divulge my personal information to any peculiar website with hacker issues... alas....
Intersango.com or Bitstamp.net, no personal info involved and never had any issues whatsoever.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:25:42 PM

i have done many interac transfers without a problem...i would do it for you but for the next 2 months...my btc needs to be somewhere else.  Embarrassed
sunspotss (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 04:36:01 PM

thanks all for replying, i got my bitcoins from a guy right here in edmonton with localbitcoins!

yay.

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 04:44:55 PM

thanks all for replying, i got my bitcoins from a guy right here in edmonton with localbitcoins!

yay.

Great!

Mustello LLC

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 05:17:13 PM

yay.

Awesome news. I try to help out newcomers by selling small amounts of bitcoin for paypal. Let me know if you still need some.
beeteecee

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 07:19:47 PM

yay.

Great! Localbitcoins is a great place. People find me mostly thanks to this website.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:53:26 AM

yay.

No problems there. Edmonton has always been the centre of the bitcoin universe.

btc-bullion

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 02:20:49 AM

localbitcoins.com

seconded
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: