Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:48:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think Gavin Andresen knows who Satoshi Nakamoto is?
YES - 59 (52.7%)
NO - 53 (47.3%)
Total Voters: 112

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who thinks Gavin Anderson knows who Satoshi is?  (Read 5589 times)
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:04:27 PM

by the way: who the hell is Gavin AndersonCheesy
He means Gavin Andresen. He probably knows who satoshi is, they were in close contact. Once the CIA contact Gavin Satoshi dissapeared.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:04:40 PM

Do you think Gavin has knowledge of who or how to reach Satoshi?

What I think is that Gavin is actually satoshi, and what better way to remove the unknown factor "Satoshi" from the scene was just goto a meeting with CIA, I think Gavin explained them or was said to stop the bullshit with unknown factor.

Who in the world create something as awesome as bitcoin and leave it to unknown stranger for talking care :3 That's a total bullshit humans don't have that level of trust unless satoshi was an alien Tongue

I think someone on the forum is Just using a cover for unknown reasons.
MBMGroup_Rep (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:18:38 PM

Andresen lol
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:32:31 PM

i'm nearly sure he know more about satoshi than we think. but it's limited to not knowing who satoshi is in real life. don't think anyone know who he is in real life. it's purely internet communication.
ashour

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:07:39 PM

I wonder if its just Gavin himself using satoshi as a cover?
Wouldn't make sense, Satoshi got scared when Gavin went to meet with the CIA about Bitcoin and Satoshi went into hiding.
Well Gavin could have created Satoshi so if something went wrong he could make Satoshi responsible. Those are theories and speculation nothing more.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1126

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:20:10 PM

I wonder if its just Gavin himself using satoshi as a cover?
Wouldn't make sense, Satoshi got scared when Gavin went to meet with the CIA about Bitcoin and Satoshi went into hiding.
Well Gavin could have created Satoshi so if something went wrong he could make Satoshi responsible. Those are theories and speculation nothing more.
I think your opinion sounds quite appropriate, so he can keep bitcoin secret safely, and in other hand people will only focusing to guess who Satoshi is. I mean, if Satoshi is real, then CIA or any secret agent else should already find him with their technology.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
eyeknock

Activity: 381

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:23:36 PM

i vote for yes, i really think he know who is Mr. sn. he was the most closed "friend" of him yes? so why he should not know who is him?
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 05:36:08 PM

Do you?

You must to have this much curiosity to set up a poll and pose the question. So assuming my premise is correct, what information do you have that leads you to the hunch that Gavin knows Satoshi? For those of us that don't know Gavin's history as well, answering this poll is just like flipping a coin. If we don't have any information to help us make a choice we'll just choose any answer to see the results.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

nicked

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:37:11 PM

I don't think Gavin knew until he went to talk to the CIA, and they told him who it was.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:59:05 PM

I think he does, why would he have the alert keys if it wasnt the case? He's also one of the main rumored guys to be satoshi along with nick sziabo. No one of this changes anything tho, at the end of the day is just speculation and we are getting nowhere without any relevant proof.
I wish Satoshi can reveal himself (if he is really one man, if 'he' is an organization or a group I think it is better to keep status quo).
If people find out that he is not a part of NSA or any government agency, then stupid argument that bitcoin is in reality project to fuck with us will go away.
Additionally for creating innovation like blockchain and bitcoin he could even receive a Nobel Prize, that would be huge for promotion of bitcoin.

I think it benefits no one if Satoshi went public. As soon as he went public, he would be judged, and mainstream media would start dropping headlines to try to damage Bitcoin with something negative related to him, and everyone has done something negative in his life, so they would try to find that and attack Satoshi with that, whatever it is.
If he remains anonymous, the figure of Satoshi cannot be attacked beyond speculation.

You're quite right, lets not provide a centralized point of attack to bitcoin.

But also don't forget the threats possible to steal his btc. Physical abuse, extortion to himself, family.and even friends.
ashour

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:11:59 PM

I agree, the identity of the bitcoin creator should stay "decentralized" and anonymous so bitcoin can stay too. We shouldn't really care about who created bitcoin but more of what we can  do with it. All these talks about who Satoshi is, is just "waking" up our inner curiosity.
Eastfist

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 07:40:04 PM

Gavin didn't "go" to the CIA, the CIA was there from the start. Gavin is essentially Satoshi's handler because Satoshi was only 15 years old.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:48:48 PM

Gavin didn't "go" to the CIA, the CIA was there from the start. Gavin is essentially Satoshi's handler because Satoshi was only 15 years old.

Err...ok.

You sound 100% confident, so I assume you have some evidence to back up your rumor?
No? Figures...
letsplayagame

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:54:13 PM

My vote is no.

He may have some strong suspicions but probably does not know for sure. Even if he does, he should respect the privacy of Satoshi.

Chess, Bitcoin, Privacy and Freedom
Code:
 Make BTC Donations via XMR.TO or Shapeshift XMR: 47nMGDMQxEB8CWpWT7QgBLDmTSxgjm9831dVeu24ebCeH8gNPG9RvZAYoPxW2JniKjeq5LXZafwdPWH7AmX2NVji3yYKy76 
Eastfist

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 07:55:29 PM

Err...ok.

You sound 100% confident, so I assume you have some evidence to back up your rumor?
No? Figures...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

(catches breath)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm only looking for 1% possibility. That's all it takes. You don't want to be the one who didn't believe when the truth finally comes out. Just so you know.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:04:49 PM

by the way: who the hell is Gavin Anderson?  Cheesy

Found the mistake. Cheesy

https://tradeblock.com/blog/guide-to-bitcoin-conference-2013-san-jose/
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:25:28 PM

I don't think he does. Satoshi seems to be a brilliant man (you must be brilliant to create something like Bitcoin) who has planed and very  well executed his every step. I think it was planed that nobody knows him and this is exactly how the situation unfolds, until now people are just guessing who he is.
So no, everything was planed an he is still on the top of situation.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:27:30 PM

Oh no, another thread about 'satoshi' or Gavin Anderson   Grin ... I don't believe or better I can't believe.
hikedoon

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:34:56 PM

Go and read the white paper OP. It's all explained in there.
   Yes,  If Gavin really,really needs to contact Satoshi then he has a BIT-light that beams a 3d Bitcoin image onto the sky and Satoshi will appear.
  Think bat light from Batman comic's and you'll get the idea. Roll Eyes
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:11:23 AM

Yes,  If Gavin really,really needs to contact Satoshi then he has a BIT-light that beams a 3d Bitcoin image onto the sky and Satoshi will appear.
  Think bat light from Batman comic's and you'll get the idea. Roll Eyes

That's more exotic than I was expecting. I assumed he'd just send a million coins to the right address for a heads up.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: