Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:13:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think Gavin Andresen knows who Satoshi Nakamoto is?
YES - 59 (52.7%)
NO - 53 (47.3%)
Total Voters: 112

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who thinks Gavin Anderson knows who Satoshi is?  (Read 5589 times)
MBMGroup_Rep (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:13:54 PM

Its so strange that a few days after the news broke over Dorian, satoshi made his first statement in years. Which means hes still is closely watching bitcoins and could explain why his stash is un moved. Hes lives a very frugal life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
novadragon

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:27:56 PM

I think he knew, perhaps satoshi collaboration with Gavin Anderson to develop bitcoin
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:28:44 PM

Its so strange that a few days after the news broke over Dorian, satoshi made his first statement in years. Which means hes still is closely watching bitcoins and could explain why his stash is un moved. Hes lives a very frugal life.

Not true. His account was hacked and the message was NOT signed.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1126

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:44:40 PM

Gavin should have an idea, but he is not saying anything. You cannot tell me Satoshi would hand over his creation with the Alert keys, to someone he did not have a close relationship with. It's possibly the biggest technology since the internet and you just hand over the key to the guards at the gate?

Gavin and some other people know who he or she is, but they protect him or her. Secrets only stay secrets for so long, and then someone spill the beans.
But dont you feel curious, that no one couldnt find the true identity of satoshi even any government secret agent or hacker? I think there is a possibility that its a fake figure to distract people from the real one who created this bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:57:05 PM

Gavin should have an idea, but he is not saying anything. You cannot tell me Satoshi would hand over his creation with the Alert keys, to someone he did not have a close relationship with. It's possibly the biggest technology since the internet and you just hand over the key to the guards at the gate?

Gavin and some other people know who he or she is, but they protect him or her. Secrets only stay secrets for so long, and then someone spill the beans.
But dont you feel curious, that no one couldnt find the true identity of satoshi even any government secret agent or hacker? I think there is a possibility that its a fake figure to distract people from the real one who created this bitcoin.

Which makes me think that the real creator of Bitcoin would be Obama himself....lol  Roll Eyes

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:01:41 PM

Well, they are still to catch Variety Jones because they either truly don't know who he is, or he is/was working for them.....
Hmm.... Roll Eyes

MBMGroup_Rep (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:04:25 PM

Is really releasable to think some one who is a master cryptologist that created the worlds safest digital currency based around being (uncrackable) got hacked, let a lone hacked the around the same time Dorian was discovered? Why not hacked previously? And if he was hack, how come there has not been more posts from the hackers?
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:37:38 PM

While it is true that 'Satoshi' is probably watching how his invention is evolving and growing. We can't deny a possibility that he really wrote that comment about Dorian to cut all speculation.
Message was not signed, right. But that does not 100% prove that it was not real Satoshi.
MBMGroup_Rep (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:32:09 PM

What if the true originator of bitcoin was really say Kim Jung of North Korea. Can you honestly say people would not be effect by this and/or the price?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 04:43:19 PM

leave Satosh.....ah forget it.

Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:57:26 PM

Which makes me think that the real creator of Bitcoin would be Obama himself....lol  Roll Eyes
Lol thats not a good guess, you should seek the one who arent very busy in his life  Cheesy

Well, they are still to catch Variety Jones because they either truly don't know who he is, or he is/was working for them.....
Hmm.... Roll Eyes
Yeah, maybe he is one of us, made new account and making comments here  Cool

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
MBMGroup_Rep (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:34:54 PM

by the way: who the hell is Gavin AndersonCheesy
I feel thats one of the most under rated aspects to the whole think. Who is Gavin Andresen? Could he be a CIA agent? Or is he just really smart guy in the rite place at the rite time? Either way he was a part of the fundemental design of bitcoin and seems to stay pretty low under the radar for someone of his stature, I mean the conglomerate value on bitcoins is in the billions.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:25:08 AM

Hackers are overrated in this area.
The people who could find satoshi are those with access to warrant searches on the forums and lists satoshi used.
In fact, I think it's highly likely that, by now, the nsa knows who he was. But why would they release that information to you? It will be of use only if they decide to target him, and then only as PR.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:30:26 AM

Is really releasable to think some one who is a master cryptologist that created the worlds safest digital currency based around being (uncrackable) got hacked, let a lone hacked the around the same time Dorian was discovered? Why not hacked previously? And if he was hack, how come there has not been more posts from the hackers?

'releasable? reasonable i guess you mean.
Yes, even a cryptographer with a (probable) cypherpunk background could be outed by people with enough resources. Every one of us knows this. The idea is to make it so hard as to not be worth their while to spend the resources to do it.
Simply stated; 100% security on a public network is impossible, but 99.99% is doable Smiley
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:55:21 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 07:06:08 AM by AGD

The hacker is reality. It doesn't matter how hard it is for you to believe that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775174.0

Don't trust any email sent from satoshin@gmx.com unless it is signed by Satoshi. (Everyone should have done this even without my warning, of course.)

Just in case Roselyn or someone else wants to claim that 37,6 BTC bounty on the hackers dox: http://bitcoinbountyhunter.com/satoshi.html

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Yizhe

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 12:50:44 PM

Yes. Of course.
MBMGroup_Rep (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:09:21 PM

I don't understand how Gavin could work with Satoshi, but has no guess or clue as to who he really is?
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:17:55 PM

I don't understand how Gavin could work with Satoshi, but has no guess or clue as to who he really is?

Let's do a piece of work together.

You have no idea who I am.

I have no idea who you are.

From memory, they "met" in an online forum discussing cryptography (sci.crypt on Usenet, possibly?) From there they only had to exchange throwaway email addresses to work privately together, while remaining ignorant of the other's identity (NB. I strongly suspect they used something more secure than email).

This space intentionally left blank.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:45:44 PM

Hackers are overrated in this area.
The people who could find satoshi are those with access to warrant searches on the forums and lists satoshi used.
In fact, I think it's highly likely that, by now, the nsa knows who he was. But why would they release that information to you? It will be of use only if they decide to target him, and then only as PR.
If those secret agents really know who he is, then I think their governments will take action for bitcoin immediately instead of release the information about him to public.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
MBMGroup_Rep (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:46:10 PM

Let's do a piece of work together.

You have no idea who I am.

I have no idea who you are.

From memory, they "met" in an online forum discussing cryptography (sci.crypt on Usenet, possibly?) From there they only had to exchange throwaway email addresses to work privately together, while remaining ignorant of the other's identity (NB. I strongly suspect they used something more secure than email).

Initially why would they be trying to remain anonymous to each other?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: