Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Comedian Louis C.K Begins Accepting Bitcoin  (Read 1651 times)
jones techbit

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:05:49 AM

Bitcoin is the perfect solution for artists to sell their goods online and maintain full control. This is definitely the way forward.

bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:05:39 AM

Ha! This is great. I've enjoyed most of his comedy shows. Is it also possible to purchase the videos? I can't seem to find that option on the site.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:29:27 AM

Bitcoin is the perfect solution for artists to sell their goods online and maintain full control. This is definitely the way forward.

I think that bitcoin is perfect solution for anyone who sells or offers something over the Internet Smiley
In the beginning is not easy to get popular and famous names on our side, but as bitcoin is growing in its popularity more and more users (famous and ordinary) will recognize the advantages of bitcoin and begin to actively use it.
Time works in our favor and I think that bitcoin is very near to become mainstream.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:31:59 AM

It is a shame that some of you are unfamiliar with Louis C.K. I used to watch his every standup show on youtube back in the day.
He is really good comedian, but on top of that his jokes are very didactic imo. Bitcoin acceptance from celebrity of his caliber is really big.
Some of his fans might investigate what bitcoin is because of that.
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:48:27 AM

I think that bitcoin is perfect solution for anyone who sells or offers something over the Internet Smiley
In the beginning is not easy to get popular and famous names on our side, but as bitcoin is growing in its popularity more and more users (famous and ordinary) will recognize the advantages of bitcoin and begin to actively use it.
Time works in our favor and I think that bitcoin is very near to become mainstream.

That is just beginning and very soon world famous celebrities will start accepting this innovation, bitcoin is perfect currency for daily usage so we have to wait for this to happen when bitcoin will be the only mainstream currency.   
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 10:50:09 AM

Great, I've always enjoyed watching his shows, hope that more celebs will follow.
Stuff like this can only help make Bitcoin more popular.

turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:10:30 AM

Wow, that is huge.
I am not really familiar with that stuff, but I guess Louis C.K is currently more popular than Mike Tyson.

I wonder, how he came to it. Louis C.K doesn't seem like a tech savy person, but neither seems Tatiana Moroz(quite the different, since I started listening to her show on the LTB network).

I guess artists will be the next big adopters for crypto currency/p2p-networks, since they got screwed over by a lot of companies in the last few years.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 12:25:37 PM

Wow, that is huge.
I am not really familiar with that stuff, but I guess Louis C.K is currently more popular than Mike Tyson.

I wonder, how he came to it. Louis C.K doesn't seem like a tech savy person, but neither seems Tatiana Moroz(quite the different, since I started listening to her show on the LTB network).

I guess artists will be the next big adopters for crypto currency/p2p-networks, since they got screwed over by a lot of companies in the last few years.
I agree, especially if they are not tied to publishers or whatever, I think Bitcoin will become popular among independent artists.
They can save quite a lot because of the low transaction fees etc.

freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:40:50 PM

Wow, that is huge.

I agree, especially if they are not tied to publishers or whatever, I think Bitcoin will become popular among independent artists.
They can save quite a lot because of the low transaction fees etc.

In the past few years, a lot of comedians have broken free from submitting to TV networks and are able to market themselves on social media and most of them have successful podcasts.  So bitcoin is a great way for them to bring in some additional income.  I know Joe Rogan is a bitcoin user as well.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 04:02:52 PM

This is awesome, he's very widely known and hopefully this can get us more exposure.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:17:38 PM

I'm waiting for the moment where we can pay a concert with Bitcoin Cheesy
Or pay a ticket to watch a movie on a theater with Bitcoin Smiley

faucet used to be profitable
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:21:57 PM

While im glad mega celebrities like CK Louis begin accepting BTC, I have serious doubts if their followers will have a clue what the hell Bitcoin is. Hopefully they are curious and check it out tho.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:30:05 PM

While im glad mega celebrities like CK Louis begin accepting BTC, I have serious doubts if their followers will have a clue what the hell Bitcoin is. Hopefully they are curious and check it out tho.
That's totally true, human will always curious.
That's why it is a good thing when a famous people start to use Bitcoin Wink

faucet used to be profitable
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: