Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:58:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust abuse by a scammer (Fantic)  (Read 573 times)
erikalui (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 06:59:25 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 07:47:10 PM by erikalui

This user fantic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=536948 is abusing the trust system by leaving false ratings on many accounts (mine too). I don't even know who he/she is nor have ever interacted with him but by looking at his "Sent feedback" he seems to be leaving similar ratings on other accounts. It's weird and I guess it can be counted as spam which can call for a ban too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:10:06 PM

This user fanfic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=536948 is abusing the trust system by leaving false ratings on many accounts (mine too). I don't even know who he/she is nor have ever interacted with him but by looking at his "Sent feedback" he seems to be leaving similar ratings on other accounts. It's weird and I guess it can be counted as spam which can call for a ban too.

It could be counted as spam, but I don't think his trust comments are to be considered 'trusted' by the entire community .... or am I wrong? So at the end it is not real a problem.
erikalui (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 07:14:29 PM

This user fanfic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=536948 is abusing the trust system by leaving false ratings on many accounts (mine too). I don't even know who he/she is nor have ever interacted with him but by looking at his "Sent feedback" he seems to be leaving similar ratings on other accounts. It's weird and I guess it can be counted as spam which can call for a ban too.

It could be counted as spam, but I don't think his trust comments are to be considered 'trusted' by the entire community .... or am I wrong? So at the end it is not real a problem.

I know it's not a problem at all because he is himself having 3 DT negatives in his kitty.  Cheesy

The problem is the spamming and here spammers are banned (whether for posts or for trust). Having not interacted with a user makes his rating meaningless and noticing he leaves similar ratings on any random account can earn him a ban.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:18:33 PM

I know it's not a problem at all because he is himself having 3 DT negatives in his kitty.  Cheesy

The problem is the spamming and here spammers are banned (whether for posts or for trust). Having not interacted with a user makes his rating meaningless and noticing he leaves similar ratings on any random account can earn him a ban.

Are you sure? I have never heard of someone banned due the spam of negative (or positive -neutral , why not?) trust. Can you give me some link (of thread) so I can read them? Thanks.
erikalui (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 07:29:53 PM

Are you sure? I have never heard of someone banned due the spam of negative (or positive -neutral , why not?) trust. Can you give me some link (of thread) so I can read them? Thanks.

I have read a case where a user kept spamming MZ's trust by creating multiple accounts while here the case is the opposite (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1000239.60) Symantec was banned for about 2 weeks if I remember. If this case is considered spamming, it should be banned too.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 11:39:09 AM

Welcome to the no one gives a fuck until it happens to you club.
CheapSerials

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:00:03 PM

i got 2 negative trust from him after i caught some of his alts and as a result i got 2 negativ trusts, whatever he is not on default trust so it's not really important.
erikalui (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 09:23:34 PM

i got 2 negative trust from him after i caught some of his alts and as a result i got 2 negativ trusts, whatever he is not on default trust so it's not really important.

He claimed that I scammed him of 0.7 BTC  Shocked Cheesy

I don't remember talking to him in this birth  Roll Eyes You atleast caught some of his alts while I dint know about this user until I saw his rating on my account but I'll let him be in peace.

I'm locking this thread now.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: