Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 06:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many addresses can I have in Bitcoin core?  (Read 842 times)
dennis200222 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:39:55 PM

Hello,

so yeah I intend on doing trades throughout the bitcoin world and would require thousands of addresses I was wondeirng how many you can have per wallet? hopefully at least 1000 per wallet. all of these would probably be labelled too if that makes a difference

and also what is the performance like when you have hundreds of addresses?
giustone

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:48:44 PM

You want to have many adress to make more bitcoins from faucets using TOR?
Good luck.But is very hard to make bitcoins from faucets.
I gave you an ideea,right?

achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6746

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 10:58:00 PM

You can have as many as you want with whatever labels you want. You can have several thousand of addresses. Just remember that the more addresses you add the bigger your wallet file will be.

hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:35:12 PM

Thousands might make sense, but it will eventually cause performance loss. More transaction data, more outputs that a client/wallet will care about, more network traffic, and more results to bloom flitered requests to nodes. Of course, if you're handling thousands of addresses in an automated manner on a website (not as a direct user of a wallet) you might consider writing code more specific to your use-case, for example using bitcoinj as a library.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: