Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:29:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Give me a logical reason why Vanilla coin is not a top ten coin?  (Read 4272 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:31:04 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 10:56:17 AM by TPTB_need_war

They should at least show how they achieve Byzantine fault tolerance, so that people can evaluate. All we have for now are some general statements about using Virtual synchrony, but those methods are known to not be Byzantine fault tolerant.

What appears to be the case here is some guy with some P2P programming experience decided he knows something about areas outside his area of knowledge, but so far hasn't shown sufficient documentation of his expertise in the form of a detailed and well developed white paper. The cart shouldn't come before the horse, unless it is tolerated by n00bs and fanboiz.

I (as AnonyMint) actually showed that Evan (duf) was likely doing a scam or at least that his technology wasn't sound, but I didn't make my criticism overt. I didn't know anything about the alleged premine and I have never involved myself in that issue. I made it appear I was helping him, and in fact I did try to help him. But I was simultaneously pointing out that his master node concept was unsound in terms of sybil attacks (but I didn't make it too obvious and I allowed a lot of n00bs and fanboiz to pump it up). I offered him the best suggestions I could for making it the least unsound. Since then CoinShuffle has improved upon CoinJoin and Dash should be using that instead. But still it will never be able to overcome some problems inherent in off chain anonymity. On chain anonymity will be superior for nearly all use cases. The reasons will be explained in detail at the opportune time.

At least with DarkCoin (Dash), it was offering some privacy. So I felt it wasn't my place to tell n00bs and fanboiz to choose between CoinJoin and Cryptonote. I figured let them learn over time.

I do not own any XMR. But you can see I have said it is the best on chain anonymity that I am aware of for the moment (except my research which is coming which is better than Monero).

But in the case of this VanillaCoin, it is claiming something which I can't even see it does at all. I don't see any documentation of the claimed zerotime Byzantine fault tolerance.

I will not go against a coin illogically. If John Conner shows the necessary explanations and technicals, then I will rescind.

We've (the Bitcoin community) burned up a lot of the capital that should instead be reserved for funding genuine new technology that could really improve the world. We can't allow charlatans to continue to extract this capital from our base of users because we need that capital to do important work.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:45:12 AM

I'll readily admit I am wrong if John Conner is able to show some details and convincing proof against Sybil attacks on the global lock consensus.
It's your duty to prove it not mine.

Actually both of you are wrong on this.
If TPTB_need_war thinks that there is a bug, he should be able to demonstrate that. If john-connor believes that's not true, he should give a detailed technical explanation about why TPTB_need_war is wrong. ...and so on.

These "There's a bug you scammer!" "No, I don't think so. Mkay?" style discussions doesn't make too much sense.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:48:19 AM

I'll readily admit I am wrong if John Conner is able to show some details and convincing proof against Sybil attacks on the global lock consensus.
It's your duty to prove it not mine.

Actually both of you are wrong on this.
If TPTB_need_war thinks that there is a bug, he should be able to demonstrate that. If john-connor believes that's not true, he should give a detailed technical explanation about why TPTB_need_war is wrong. ...and so on.

These "There's a bug you scammer!" "No, I don't think so. Mkay?" style discussions doesn't make too much sense.

It is not a bug. It is complete lack of Byzantine fault tolerance. A bug is an implementation error. This is a holistic design error. There is no design. Virtual synchrony is his claimed method. Virtual synchrony does not provide Byzantine fault tolerance.

What more is there for me prove? You are asking me to prove a dog isn't a cat. Isn't it obvious a dog is not a cat.

klausalaa

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:57:28 AM

first it's my first time hearing about Vanilla coin maybe this is reason lake of advertising
second there is lots of altcoin ,people use it ,already top ten coin & give them what they need
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:39:03 PM

I am not sure what is vanilla coin features?
I think it is hyped and will go back to below 30k soon.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
blitz78

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:41:59 PM

How about we stop with the dick measuring contest bullshit and try and double spend it, come back with proof and you get not just the $$$ but also kudos and respect
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:58:40 PM

If zero-time is as advertised, then why is there still POW and POS on top of this? Surely, such a strong and fool proof consensus would be able to operate without the need for two other different consensus mechanisms?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:04:13 PM

It is not a bug. It is complete lack of Byzantine fault tolerance. A bug is an implementation error. This is a holistic design error. There is no design. Virtual synchrony is his claimed method. Virtual synchrony does not provide Byzantine fault tolerance.

What more is there for me prove? You are asking me to prove a dog isn't a cat. Isn't it obvious a dog is not a cat.

You are right, virtual synchrony does not provide Byzantine agreements, indeed. The white paper and the explanations in the Vanilla coin topics are also a bit sketchy without too many details. Some more details about the locking mechanism would be nice.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:53:55 PM

Dev unable to provide proofs - SCAM

I guess the American court system is a scam too because it's on the burden of the accuser to prove the claim!
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:41:37 AM

How about we stop with the dick measuring contest bullshit and try and double spend it, come back with proof and you get not just the $$$ but also kudos and respect

Why would I waste my time with $2100 (denominted in VNL which means it would shrink towards $0 before the bounty would be received) when I have this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1049048.msg12118600#msg12118600

People who can't think deserve to lose their money.

That is the last I will say on this matter. It is up you the reader to be a fool or not.

blitz78

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:51:12 AM

so you're giving up, well thanks for coming
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:54:15 AM

Why would I waste my time with $2100 (denominted in VNL which means it would shrink towards $0 before the bounty would be received) when I have this:

That is the last I will say on this matter. It is up you the reader to be a fool or not.

So personal bias is a factor in your dismissal?

Noted and good luck with your ventures...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:05:31 AM

Are you an idiot? I think so.

You deserve your fate, because you can't understand basic computer science.

We've already told you that John Conner can not possibly achieve what he claims, because there is no way for a P2P network game theory to converge on consensus. Even Wikipedia documents that fact about virtual synchrony does not provide Byzantine consensus.

Go ahead and masturbate yourself idiot. Smart money will go where the truth is.

I try to help you understand then you try to turn it into me needing to play politics. I don't need to play politics. I can kick ass with my actual abilities, which very few people can do.

I am tired of this political bullshit. You will learn the hard way.

I regret now informing the community about VNL. Just let the idiots lose their money.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:08:50 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 04:19:36 AM by smooth

Personal bias is not a factor in his dismissal of the technology. He gave his opinion based on precise and valid technical arguments, which can be evaluated on their own merit.

What is a factor in his unwillingness to do pentesting (if the current testnet even counts as valid pentesting) for VNL is the fact that $2100 is not even close to enough to pay for his time, much less acquiring other resources for an attack.

Increase the bounty a lot and (again assuming the testnet is a valid test) you may have qualified people interested. You should also of course not be paying such a bounty in VNL, as was pointed out earlier on this thread. Otherwise it is little more than cheap trash talk, which only makes the coin look even more like a scam.

People do not understand that the goal here is not to make something it secure against attackers with <$2100 of resources. It is to make something secure against attackers with large to enormous resources, in the case where the coin is highly successful (which is the only case that really matters). At least that should be the goal. If you are instead trying to orchestrate a pump-and-dump (even a relatively slow and elaborate one, where perhaps you feel even if you aren't the ringleader, you can ride his coattails and dump at a profit to a greater fool), then your goals are quite different.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:33:40 AM

Dude, go take some medication and lie down, the white paper which I expect covers all your questions is coming out in a short time.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:41:59 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 04:52:21 AM by smooth

Dude, go take some medication and lie down, the white paper which I expect covers all your questions is coming out in a short time.

Not being out and open to scrutiny and peer review before launch is yet another red flag.

The thread subject asks the question why it isn't a top ten coin. One reason is the amount of shady stuff that is going on here. That is not "Proof of Scam" but it is enough to keep smart investors away.

That's also not to say there aren't any scam coins in the top ten, because there certainly are.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:55:14 AM

i don't see anything especial about Vanilla coin
correct me if i am wrong

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
bl234st

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:32:30 AM

Wow! You start an Ethereum thread filled with BS, and when I replied to your ignorant analysis, you start throwing rocks like a spoiled child. Now AnonyMint, Paul (monsterer), and smooth who are more knowledgeable than 99.99% of you turds, tells you there are red flags...  you resort once again by ACTING LIKE A CHILD?

You are officially a joke! Well done! Take a bow IDIOT!
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:55:19 AM

Personal bias is not a factor in his dismissal of the technology. He gave his opinion based on precise and valid technical arguments, which can be evaluated on their own merit.

I tentatively disagree and at the risk of garnering his wrath further I would like to present the context for my snide comment (yes, it was kind of snide and if I could take it back I would.  I don't understand computer science like he does but I am also not illiterate.)

He is claiming to doom Monero and Bitcoin and if that is the case (he is dotting his eyes in a proper manner so props) than there is a personal bias - meaning I don't blame him for not wanting to spend his time with an (apparently) underwhelming bounty (how does one simulate a global context?). So I acquiesce to an extent...it was a snide comment but based on his own posts and my own bias.  Fair enough.  I admit to being aware of the issues presented but not versed enough to actually debate it...

I understand that this post is probably going to be crunched and so be it...I have a job and am not only working with PhD's in my respective field (cognitive neuropsychology; cue laughter, it is fine) but think that this is more of a hobby than my livelihood.  That said, we do pick up our interests and focuses as we do...especially in a diluted communicative base that is this forum.

What is a factor in his unwillingness to do pentesting (if the current testnet even counts as valid pentesting) for VNL is the fact that $2100 is not even close to enough to pay for his time, much less acquiring other resources for an attack.

Increase the bounty a lot and (again assuming the testnet is a valid test) you may have qualified people interested. You should also of course not be paying such a bounty in VNL, as was pointed out earlier on this thread. Otherwise it is little more than cheap trash talk, which only makes the coin look even more like a scam.

Again, not sure how to simulate a global interest for a bounty to be large enough. 

People do not understand that the goal here is not to make something it secure against attackers with <$2100 of resources. It is to make something secure against attackers with large to enormous resources, in the case where the coin is highly successful (which is the only case that really matters). At least that should be the goal. If you are instead trying to orchestrate a pump-and-dump (even a relatively slow and elaborate one, where perhaps you feel even if you aren't the ringleader, you can ride his coattails and dump at a profit to a greater fool), then your goals are quite different.

My goals are very different and they roughly mesh with crypto currencies.  More social than economic and I won't suffer a rats cheese if BTC fails..or any other crypto.  I find it interesting though...

Which leads me to a short response to 'The Powers That Be Need War'...Of course they do.  That's the point.  Fuck it up if you can.

I'm going back to topics I know more about...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:15:24 AM

Enough proof to buy a lot of it right now. Thanks.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: