Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LIQUID (ETHEREUM FORK)  (Read 4368 times)
itsAj (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:03:51 PM

Please finish the details of the coin prior to adding a pool. It will be nice to know the coin specifications. Such as coin size…

It will be around 11 Billion - Estimated Population Size at year 2100

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/sep/18/world-population-new-study-11bn-2100

Seriously? 11 billion. Not sure what this has to do with population size at year 2100. That was your thinking behind it

The coin grows with the population size so is not inherently devalued.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:07:07 PM

quark still has gpu mining, basically X6+3 are you planning on ripping out Ethereum's chain style and replacing it with an x11 or quark mining? at first it sounded like youd do x11 or anything just for initial distribuion then allow ethereum style mining to continue on a new chain once you sort out a gui or webwallet to run on top of an ethereum fork.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
godda04

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:08:54 PM

11 billion? Shame, was actually looking forward to this, even worse is your reason behind that number? population in 2100? what?

"The coin grows with the population size so is not inherently devalued."

This has no relevance at all
itsAj (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:11:21 PM

quark still has gpu mining, basically X6+3 are you planning on ripping out Ethereum's chain style and replacing it with an x11 or quark mining? at first it sounded like youd do x11 or anything just for initial distribuion then allow ethereum style mining to continue on a new chain once you sort out a gui or webwallet to run on top of an ethereum fork.

As you said this is just for the initial distribution, eventually when side chains are in effect we strengthen the network using multiple networks, thats why the private, public blockchains which will be developed in the plan. But I want it to be a fair launch as much as possible. Thanks for the input Jase need to make this launch as clean and friendly as possible but I don't want to reduce it to standardized private hardware.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

You should rethink the x11 algorithm.  Also, please do not make this a POS coin.  You should lower the coin count and follow an emission curve similar to bitcoin with diminishing block rewards rather than block halving.  

I think you would get much support from serious individuals if you make an ethereum fork with POW as the distribution method.  I would stick to the current ethereum mining scheme without moving to x11.  You'll avoid many of the mining farms and rentals that will just end up dumping whatever they mine.

A clean ethereum fork with a fair POW launch would be the best launch of any coin in months.  
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 08:14:16 PM

Looks interesting, I'll add a Pool if I can get my codebase working with ETH until launch

I might just create a normal X11 with anon features first then move it all over. So pool registration will be good, eth has too many bugs at the moment for windows users to keep private keys secure. So it has to be patched first:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115086/windows-ethereum-users-affected-by-private-key-bug

Yes i've got lots of trouble sending/crediting funds in ETH with my test-pool... tbh currently i'm stuck but in contact with the devs concerning that.

If you go X11 and "Standard-Codebase", I'll have a pool ready in a few mins, no prob.

Let me know in pm or public portion of funds to keep the pool running for a couple of years, the cpu mining will really help backbone of the network. First thing I have to do is negotiate with pool operators and I'd rather deal with you that is legitimate than others.

As long as there are miners, there will be the pool.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
itsAj (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:15:21 PM

POS model is good and can secure the network well, also electricity cost is completely reduced. But POS leads to inflation and devalueing, this is why POW and complete fixed supply. I chose to distribute it first like this because many serious issues have to be patched because there is serious vulnerabilities within it. Keep up the conversation its good getting input from the community first.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:17:28 PM

You should rethink the x11 algorithm.  Also, please do not make this a POS coin.  You should lower the coin count and follow an emission curve similar to bitcoin with diminishing block rewards rather than block halving.  

I think you would get much support from serious individuals if you make an ethereum fork with POW as the distribution method.  I would stick to the current ethereum mining scheme without moving to x11.  You'll avoid many of the mining farms and rentals that will just end up dumping whatever they mine.

A clean ethereum fork with a fair POW launch would be the best launch of any coin in months.  

First POW GUI ethereum fork wins.
POS GUI ethereum fork will win next.
then country, dark, animal, color, masternode etc. Tongue

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 08:26:30 PM

Will this be POW initial distribution?  If so X11 is a bad idea as it will just get raped by mining farms. 

I'm picking X11 because of CPU friendly meaning that many can mine it. You don't need specialized hardware just CPU power. Plus it's probably the securist algo at this current time apart from SHA-256. Network needs to be secure otherwise it will be useless.
X11 hashing hasnt been cpu friendly since 2 weeks after Xcoin (Xcurrency) launched in January 2014... you can get 1G/hash for .37BTC a day on miningrigrentals right now. and would struggle to get 1Mhash out of a cpu?

edit to add:
you know launching a stable x11 coin will be a gpu rape festival like everything else thats launched lately.
ethereum has cpu/gpu and ive been cpu mining since friday with no luck, it'll only get worse once gpu documentation spills out in a more digestible format

It's not going to be a 24 hour mining period, the mining period will have to last for years to make POW security even moderately feasible, unless POS method is used, then rich get richer etc.

The good thing about x11 it has a number of algos inside it it will be hard to crack them even with most advanced computing methods.

lol 1 is good 11 must be better! x11 is only as strong as its weakest hash...

"11 suffers from the problems stemming from increased propagation latency and slow verification, and adds even worse susceptibility to ASIC advantage.  It is a mere mishmash of 11 separate algorithms" - coblee

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:57:20 PM

Looks interesting, I'll add a Pool if I can get my codebase working with ETH until launch

I might just create a normal X11 with anon features first then move it all over. So pool registration will be good, eth has too many bugs at the moment for windows users to keep private keys secure. So it has to be patched first:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115086/windows-ethereum-users-affected-by-private-key-bug

Yes i've got lots of trouble sending/crediting funds in ETH with my test-pool... tbh currently i'm stuck but in contact with the devs concerning that.

If you go X11 and "Standard-Codebase", I'll have a pool ready in a few mins, no prob.

What does X11 and "Standard-Codebase" mean? Ethereum is all new code, correct?

Ten-Hut!
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:36:18 PM

Looks good. I'm following this idea.

LordCoder

Activity: 712

View Profile