Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Countdown til October 12th  (Read 4653 times)
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 06:07:29 PM

That's the earliest date when Pirate said he'd be able to start disbursing coins back to people.  Has anybody started a bet on whether he'll actually start paying back?  Or even whether he'll even make any kind of announcement at all?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 06:21:45 PM

That's the earliest date when Pirate said he'd be able to start disbursing coins back to people.  Has anybody started a bet on whether he'll actually start paying back?  Or even whether he'll even make any kind of announcement at all?
Not another bet, I think most of us are kind of tired of that  Grin.  If I were to bet it will be that Oct 12th will come and go with nothing to show........

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 07:05:22 PM

I missed this...when/where did pirate say that?

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
BobbyJo

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:08:17 PM

People are still hoping!  He is not paying anything back.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:11:31 PM

i just can't believe he got away with it...

tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:19:29 PM

2012-09-17_18:15 pirateat40: Q: When will we get our coins? A: As of today the earliest estimated time that coins can begin moving is Friday, Oct 12th.  I can only keep you updated on this date as I have more information.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:21:23 PM

2012-09-17_18:15 pirateat40: Q: When will we get our coins? A: As of today the earliest estimated time that coins can begin moving is Friday, Oct 12th.  I can only keep you updated on this date as I have more information.

so he hasn't completely disappeared?

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:26:56 PM

He was in IRC two days ago, but nothing new

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:35:36 PM

I must confess, I'm confused.  I would have thought he has already had enough time to arrange his disappearance....must not have gotten all that much money (or maybe he feels hidden enough). 

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:43:24 PM

I must confess, I'm confused.  I would have thought he has already had enough time to arrange his disappearance....must not have gotten all that much money (or maybe he feels hidden enough). 

2012-09-17_18:15 pirateat40: Q: What's going on?  A: In short, one of my largest clients decided they would make things difficult for me.  In the heat of the moment I made a move to secure the USD backing the coins when they were not returned and has made things much more difficult.

I sincerely believe that pirateat40 really had intention of pay

Now are being investigated by the SEC and possibly his funds are frozen.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 09:02:23 PM

2012-09-17_18:15 pirateat40: Q: What's going on?  A: In short, one of my largest clients decided they would make things difficult for me.  In the heat of the moment I made a move to secure the USD backing the coins when they were not returned and has made things much more difficult.

Part of me wants to believe there is something more to this than just simple theft...I just don't think it's the  smarter part of me...

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 09:11:14 PM

Part of me wants to believe there is something more to this than just simple theft...I just don't think it's the  smarter part of me...

at this point is clearly not a simple theft, because simple has nothing.

In a simple theft he just disappeared from the begining.

In any case is complicated theft Xd

opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 09:24:22 PM

Pirateat40:
freenode.net #btcst
Link from the topic: http://pastebin.com/DVNsx7xz

Content from Link:
Q: What's going on?
A: In short, one of my largest clients decided they would make things difficult for me.  In the heat of the moment I made a move to secure the USD backing the coins when they were not returned and has made things much more difficult.

Q: Where have you been?
A: I realize not having information is annoying and somewhat concerning. I’ve stopped responding publicly until hard information was available due to some legal concerns that developed.  Once the attorneys (both mine and my clients) got involved, everything slowed down while everything was sorted out.

Q: When will we get our coins?
A: As of today the earliest estimated time that coins can begin moving is Friday, Oct 12th.  I can only keep you updated on this date as I have more information.

Q: Why did you require PPT operators to submit their account holders information?
A: There’re a few reasons for doing this.  The largest of which was to remove the PPT operators from the added risk of their users claiming they were not paid once the main account was paid. The other reasons can not be disclosed.

Q: What is going to happen with bond issuers?
A: Since bonds can be traded and have taken a large hit due to the closure of BTCST, I’ll be working with the bond issuers to find a solution that best suits their investors.

Also...

Those looking to file a suit against me or BTCST will not be eligible for repayment.

GPUMAX has never been associated with BTCST nor have any of it’s partners.  GPUMAX shared a wallet with one of the BTCST operating wallets for security and is now running it’s own secured wallet which is no longer associated with BTCST.

Threats are taken seriously by myself and my attorney.  A few of you will find out how serious I mean.

That’s all for now, I’ll be providing updates here when more information is available.

Thanks

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:35:39 PM

For the people who have borrowed money from others to deposit to BTCS&T, there is no other choice but hope. Most, if not all, seem like decent people who are making an effort to return what they have borrowed but some are in debt of tens of thousands of coins, which is equivalent to a very good house and a car. Of course there is no excuse for lying to your lenders, but at least it's somewhat apparent that no malice was intended. At least not completely.

This might even apply to pirateat40 himself. I'm sure we will know at some point whether he was a guilty victim too or just a resourceful conman, but I'm not holding my breath for this year.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 09:38:51 PM

Pirateat40:
freenode.net #btcst
Link from the topic: http://pastebin.com/DVNsx7xz

Content from Link:
Q: What's going on?
A: In short, one of my largest clients decided they would make things difficult for me.  In the heat of the moment I made a move to secure the USD backing the coins when they were not returned and has made things much more difficult.

Q: Where have you been?
A: I realize not having information is annoying and somewhat concerning. I’ve stopped responding publicly until hard information was available due to some legal concerns that developed.  Once the attorneys (both mine and my clients) got involved, everything slowed down while everything was sorted out.

Q: When will we get our coins?
A: As of today the earliest estimated time that coins can begin moving is Friday, Oct 12th.  I can only keep you updated on this date as I have more information.

Q: Why did you require PPT operators to submit their account holders information?
A: There’re a few reasons for doing this.  The largest of which was to remove the PPT operators from the added risk of their users claiming they were not paid once the main account was paid. The other reasons can not be disclosed.

Q: What is going to happen with bond issuers?
A: Since bonds can be traded and have taken a large hit due to the closure of BTCST, I’ll be working with the bond issuers to find a solution that best suits their investors.

Also...

Those looking to file a suit against me or BTCST will not be eligible for repayment.

GPUMAX has never been associated with BTCST nor have any of it’s partners.  GPUMAX shared a wallet with one of the BTCST operating wallets for security and is now running it’s own secured wallet which is no longer associated with BTCST.

Threats are taken seriously by myself and my attorney.  A few of you will find out how serious I mean.

That’s all for now, I’ll be providing updates here when more information is available.

Thanks
Don't people typically delegate most of this type of communication to their lawyers?  I mean, don't people just typically say here's the info for my lawyer -- talk to them?  Is the contact info for his lawyer known?

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 10:11:24 PM

Don't people typically delegate most of this type of communication to their lawyers?  I mean, don't people just typically say here's the info for my lawyer -- talk to them?  Is the contact info for his lawyer known?

Not until there's something very specific that the lawyer can handle.  Lawyers charge for every phone call they take and every email they answer.  Unless you've got unlimited funds with which to pay your lawyer, you're not going to pay him to take 500 phone calls telling people the same thing you've already told them.  Bear in mind that attorney-client privilege severely limits the information that your lawyer is able to disclose to others, too - even if your lawyer knows exactly what is going on, that doesn't mean he can legally disclose that information to your creditors.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 10:12:33 PM

Don't people typically delegate most of this type of communication to their lawyers?  I mean, don't people just typically say here's the info for my lawyer -- talk to them?  Is the contact info for his lawyer known?

Not until there's something very specific that the lawyer can handle.  Lawyers charge for every phone call they take and every email they answer.  Unless you've got unlimited funds with which to pay your lawyer, you're not going to pay him to take 500 phone calls telling people the same thing you've already told them.  Bear in mind that attorney-client privilege severely limits the information that your lawyer is able to disckose to others, too - even if your lawyer knows exactly what is going on, that doesn't mean he can legally disclose that information to your creditors.
Good point...it's the famous and rich who pass everything to their lawyers...

RaTTuS

Activity: 792

Bite me

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 10:21:03 AM

to quote
that is earliest
so nothing will move then or anytime soon after

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:40:28 PM

I hope something happens for everyone who has a large portion in pirate.

However the realist in me isn't holding my breath.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 06:06:46 PM

Pirate and his buddy Matthew Wright are dumping off all the coins as we speak.  reason why the price is plummeting.  i wouldn't be surprised if they were the same person.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: