Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:59:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Expanse (EXP) - Fair Mining, Fair Launch, No ICO, Based on Ethereum.  (Read 25042 times)
Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:08:48 AM

Definitely watching this.

Let the ETH clone wars begin

Oh, yeah, this will be epic. Bring on the clones!

Ten-Hut!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:18:31 AM

Algo???

Make it something both rentable and solo-able.

Actually it should be left the same.  The POW shouldn't be changed.
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:20:53 AM

Algo???

What do you think about declining rewards over time, either smooth or block halvings? We are currently discussing it.

marcar

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:24:03 AM

This should be good  Cheesy
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:34:37 AM

What do you think about declining rewards over time, either smooth or block halvings? We are currently discussing it.

Rewards should decline. You need to have a way to reward early adopters or else adoption will never happen. A lot of people will cry about it, but it's a reality. Decreasing block rewards are a feature of successful coins.

PoS should also take over, sooner rather than later. Yeah, sounds bad. Boo hoo. But the winning clone will have that model.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:35:53 AM

Algo???

Smooth reduction over time.   Follow bitcoins emission curve.  Leave the POW scheme the same.  You'll get serious people involved in the coin.  
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:36:58 AM

Rewards should decline. You need to have a way to reward early adopters or else adoption will never happen. A lot of people will cry about it, but it's a reality. Decreasing block rewards are a feature of successful coins.

PoS should also take over, sooner rather than later. Yeah, sounds bad. Boo hoo. But the winning clone will have that model.

Pure POW is the way to go.
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:37:30 AM

I agree with you, I think there should be declining rewards, gradually. If we go POS it would make the most sense to go POS in a year along with ETH. (I just want people to chime in and agree with us)

Wink

tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:38:56 AM

Pure POW is the way to go.

Nice religion you got there.

..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:44:03 AM

Watching.
Zombier0

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:06:55 AM

Looks scammy to me.
Copying ethereum to gain fast cash

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:13:55 AM

How much is the premine?  What are the steps to how it will be allocated?

what will be ready at launch? windows , mining tutorials ,etc

from what i know of franco and james, i dont think they are in this to scam but rather wanting to create something here
wishing you good luck. watching closely  Cool
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:33:01 AM

How much is the premine?  What are the steps to how it will be allocated?

what will be ready at launch? windows , mining tutorials ,etc

from what i know of franco and james, i dont think they are in this to scam but rather wanting to create something here
wishing you good luck. watching closely  Cool

The discussion is ongoing in slack, it would be staged over a great deal of time and multi-sig. It really depends how big the team will be and what we think the market value would be. There is no ICO, and frankly, we can't compete with serious miners and just try to mine like crazy and then work based on that. We are small time hobbyist miners. So we needed some fair plan to hire as much top notch talent as possible, and we need them to stick around and maintain some elements of the tech.

Franko has supported his coin for years, and I have been involved in one other coin over all the years I have been in cryptos, and I still support it. So we are not the sorts to go coin hopping and bsing. The only way we could make a lot of money with this is if the coinmarketcap value goes over a million, and if that were to happen I imagine miners would be very happy and this would be a huge success. We are doing this because we love cryptos and Ethereum is an amazing project, so why not experiment with it and try new things, and have fun? Franko is also talented and honest, and we get along really well, so we have a great core team to start with.

We are a meritocracy, if people get involved and are valuable, they will be rewarded and might be able to join in. I am also very impressed with Mike stepping up and helping with the logo, and a lot of others in Slack are providing valuable feedback as well. Smiley

RawCrypto

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:33:52 AM

I am happy trading the real Ethereum on Poloniex and I think it's fair.
I won't be supporting this clone of it.
All you are doing is cloning them and making a big premine to dump on the noobs who will buy it from you.

It's a clone that is being launched fairly and with fair mining, I highly doubt this will be a pump and dumped then abandoned project.

CCC backing it....alot of reputation at stake....first eth clone? Interesting project

@RawCrypto
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:35:26 AM

I am happy trading the real Ethereum on Poloniex and I think it's fair.
I won't be supporting this clone of it.
All you are doing is cloning them and making a big premine to dump on the noobs who will buy it from you.

Great, have fun, I trade Ethereum as well and I mine it.

danonthehill

Activity: 710

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:36:21 AM

Nice logo...hire that man!  Cheesy
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:39:55 AM

Nice logo...hire that man!  Cheesy

I explained what I had in mind and he nailed it. I think he did his best logo ever.

shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:04:44 AM

I agree with you, I think there should be declining rewards, gradually. If we go POS it would make the most sense to go POS in a year along with ETH. (I just want people to chime in and agree with us)

Wink

I'm not a big fan of POS.  100% POW is ideal.  But if you go with POS in a year, POS rewards should initially be minimal and require a longer time for coin maturity than typical.

CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:07:09 AM

Wink

I'm not a big fan of POS.  100% POW is ideal.  But if you go with POS in a year, POS rewards should initially be minimal and require a longer time for coin maturity than typical.

Interesting, I had some of the same thoughts. If we do that change in a year, some sort of gradual switch.

mind808crime

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:25:32 AM

the best new coin to come out in a long time.... no ico, fair launch, no newbie devs, i'm in.  good chance to do what ether didn't.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: