Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:34:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Expanse (EXP) - Fair Mining, Fair Launch, No ICO, Based on Ethereum.  (Read 25042 times)
TruthSeeker101

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:40:37 AM

how much is the premine going to be?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:44:07 AM

What do you think about declining rewards over time, either smooth or block halvings? We are currently discussing it.

Rewards should decline. You need to have a way to reward early adopters or else adoption will never happen. A lot of people will cry about it, but it's a reality. Decreasing block rewards are a feature of successful coins.

PoS should also take over, sooner rather than later. Yeah, sounds bad. Boo hoo. But the winning clone will have that model.

I agree with you, I think there should be declining rewards, gradually. If we go POS it would make the most sense to go POS in a year along with ETH. (I just want people to chime in and agree with us)

Wink

I'm not a big fan of POS.  100% POW is ideal.  But if you go with POS in a year, POS rewards should initially be minimal and require a longer time for coin maturity than typical.

Interesting, I had some of the same thoughts. If we do that change in a year, some sort of gradual switch.

The problem with POS coins is that what happens is an entity or entities in collaboration can combine coins and control a large percentage of the stake without any form of continual output of resources as is required with POW.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:46:50 AM

I didn't see anything regarding a premine.  Although a small premine would be acceptable.  I would rather see a percentage of all POW going to a development fund.
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:04:13 AM

Looks scammy to me.
Copying ethereum to gain fast cash

Says the dude who bought a sr member account. If you've been around, you'd know the devs here are some of the most reputable around in terms of honesty.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
TruthSeeker101

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:06:16 AM

I didn't see anything regarding a premine.  Although a small premine would be acceptable.  I would rather see a percentage of all POW going to a development fund.

here

There will be a small staged multi-sig reserve to pay for development. This is to ensure long term commitment to development with an increased incentive for the team.

shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:22:43 AM

here

There will be a small staged multi-sig reserve to pay for development. This is to ensure long term commitment to development with an increased incentive for the team.

Missed that.  Thanks. That changes everything.  What's the amount of the premine?  Thanks.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:16:57 AM

This looks very good and promising i`m watching this.
easteagle13

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:22:49 AM

Expanse (EXP) - Fair Mining, Fair Launch, No ICO, Based on Ethereum.

Pre Announcement:

Expanse (EXP) is based on Ethereum and designed to be fair for miners. We will have fair distribution, a fair launch, and no ICO.

The team is being led by Christopher Franko of the Franko collective, and James Clayton of the Cryptocurrency Collectors Club, along with other coders, marketers, and those skilled at art and publications in the crypto world. There will be a small staged multi-sig reserve to pay for development. This is to ensure long term commitment to development with an increased incentive for the team.

Why make it? Ethereum is a fascinating project and we think it would be very interesting to experiment with some key differences, while also seeking to simplify user experience as greatly as possible.

We ask that you consider mining and perhaps joining the community, everyone is welcome. Help us make this fair version of Ethereum something special and unique, and perhaps even fun and profitable!

More information coming soon -- Franko has already created the build and various possibilities are being discussed. If you want to join the discussion, send a PM  with your email address and I can add you to our slack. Thanks!

Should this be dubbed the project of the "trustworthy group"?? Yes, I'm also into this.

-east

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:30:41 AM

Wow I saw the link to the Ann and thought "brace yourselves for another newbie dev" pleasantly surprised it's not. Will be watching this, good luck guys  Smiley
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:24:54 AM

Hmmm, interesting, I'll keep my ears open Cheesy
Sir_Astral

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:52:21 AM

ETA?
vanyabios

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 09:19:39 AM

hmm. finally something interesting and something new
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:57:59 AM

ETA?

We are getting the rest of the team going and want to get it as soon as possible, but we also want a good launch and this is quite unique, so no ETA yet, but as soon as it is ready. There will be plenty of notice once we have the date set. Smiley

CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:10:49 PM

here

Missed that.  Thanks. That changes everything.  What's the amount of the premine?  Thanks.

Not finalized but around 10% and in a staged escrow over a year, releasing a little at a time, perhaps for up to a team of 10 people that are pros. Which is different than one person cloning LTC/BLK/DRK again. There has to be some incentive, and ninja launching and trying to mine it in secret, or big early blocks is generally less transparent. Everything would be in the open, nobody would be dumped on, but of course if people don't believe devs should be paid they should not be involved here, we can't hire people for nothing. This system is designed for the devs to stick around and have a lot of incentive to increase the value over time. Projects do need to be funded to be successful, and of course Ethereum had serious issues staying funded even after raising many millions. This might be a couple hundred dollars per dev, or less, an extremely small amount, but if the project is successful based on their work, and investors and miners make lots of profits over many months, then devs would be rewarded more over time by making it  more valuable. Ideally everyone wins, but we definitely want miners happy, but also need a realistic chance to be compensated for time spent.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:28:28 PM

more information dev, I think you give incomplete information .. No ICO, fair launch , get more... give me
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:34:25 PM

here

Not finalized but around 10% and in a staged escrow over a year, releasing a little at a time, perhaps for up to a team of 10 people that are pros. Which is different than one person cloning LTC/BLK/DRK again. There has to be some incentive, and ninja launching and trying to mine it in secret, or big early blocks is generally less transparent. Everything would be in the open, nobody would be dumped on, but of course if people don't believe devs should be paid they should not be involved here, we can't hire people for nothing. This system is designed for the devs to stick around and have a lot of incentive to increase the value over time. Projects do need to be funded to be successful, and of course Ethereum had serious issues staying funded even after raising many millions. This might be a couple hundred dollars per dev, or less, an extremely small amount, but if the project is successful based on their work, and investors and miners make lots of profits over many months, then devs would be rewarded more over time by making it  more valuable. Ideally everyone wins, but we definitely want miners happy, but also need a realistic chance to be compensated for time spent.

10% pre-mine, say whaaaa?  Huh
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:39:41 PM

more information dev, I think you give incomplete information .. No ICO, fair launch , get more... give me

We are still discussing details, the coin count will not be abnormally high and will make sense. We are very experienced in cryptos so you don't have to worry about that. Block rewards are still being discussed, I prefer a smooth reduction over halving, but that is just my vote. I do not want any ninja launch. The launch itself will be published with plenty or warning and at a time/day most people like. We want to make it fair and interesting for miners, but still need to compensate the talent we are hiring, so we are working out the details on how to do that over time with a multl-sig staged reserve. (very slow release and with trusted parties in control)

As of now we are sticking with the dagger GPU/CPU hybrid for mining, unless that changes. It is uncertain if it will change to POS after a year like ETH, that is still being discussed, and opinions are very welcomed with that. We have the lead dev who already made the build. We need the explorer and build bot, Python and Node. Some people are expressing interest, but we also need people that are serious, available, and that will definitely be there when needed, and willing to be paid in EXP and hopefully increase the value of it.

This is a pre-annoucement so all the details are not finalized, but once they are, the launch announcement will be made.

trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 12:40:43 PM

the best new coin to come out in a long time.... no ico, fair launch, no newbie devs, i'm in.  good chance to do what ether didn't.

okay im watching at here
may be this coin will be next Vanilla, start, arch ort other Big new shitcoin Roll Eyes

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:47:09 PM

I didn't see anything regarding a premine.  Although a small premine would be acceptable.  I would rather see a percentage of all POW going to a development fund.

here

Missed that.  Thanks. That changes everything.  What's the amount of the premine?  Thanks.

Not finalized but around 10% and in a staged escrow over a year, releasing a little at a time, perhaps for up to a team of 10 people that are pros. Which is different than one person cloning LTC/BLK/DRK again. There has to be some incentive, and ninja launching and trying to mine it in secret, or big early blocks is generally less transparent. Everything would be in the open, nobody would be dumped on, but of course if people don't believe devs should be paid they should not be involved here, we can't hire people for nothing. This system is designed for the devs to stick around and have a lot of incentive to increase the value over time. Projects do need to be funded to be successful, and of course Ethereum had serious issues staying funded even after raising many millions. This might be a couple hundred dollars per dev, or less, an extremely small amount, but if the project is successful based on their work, and investors and miners make lots of profits over many months, then devs would be rewarded more over time by making it  more valuable. Ideally everyone wins, but we definitely want miners happy, but also need a realistic chance to be compensated for time spent.

10% pre-mine, say whaaaa?  Huh

Maximum, that is if we decide that much is needed. Also staged over a year, not available at once. This is still being discussed, but we are not going to try to mine it like mad and work based on what we mine, just wouldn't work unless we made the initial rewards very unfair, ninja launch it, and then have all that available at the same time. Which technically would be less fair and transparent, but is usually what happens if people look closely at most projects.

Why do most fail right away? No incentive for the devs, they mine and dump, it is over. That is not the plan here. This is something that would almost certainly maintain some value and perhaps grow.

CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:56:42 PM

I didn't see anything regarding a premine.  Although a small premine would be acceptable.  I would rather see a percentage of all POW going to a development fund.

That is an interesting idea there. Let me bring that up in Slack. (percentage of POW)

I actually like that, let me ask Franko about it.

edit: His concern is that it creates sort of a "tax" (although I think it is interesting)

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: