Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Expanse (EXP) - Fair Mining, Fair Launch, No ICO, Based on Ethereum.  (Read 25045 times)
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:14:54 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 05:35:27 AM by fartbags

Any new word on how the dev premine will work or a release date?

CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:41:05 AM

Any new word on how the dev premine will work?

It will be in a smart contract and slowly distributed to the devs over time, and to those helping the project in meaningful ways. This would be over a long period of time of course.

Personally, I was thinking spread it out over a year, and then maybe a voluntary donation percentage from mining after that. So people could contribute beyond that if they wish to, or not. (assuming it stays proof of work long term)

CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:44:14 AM

how we doin' here, days weeks?

Everything is coming together, hopefully the actual announcement will be up pretty soon. Smiley

CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:16:00 AM

Hi, is there any particular reason why would people rather use Expanse over Ethereum?

1) We might have a *really* nice GUI wallet sooner.

2) The distribution is more aimed at miners, so some miners might be more interested, along with those that prefer that method of distribution over ICOs.

3) We will also share some of the reserve with those that have talent and help in meaningful ways, so there is incentive to join and and build it up.

4) Clearly it will start with a vastly lower marketcap, so there is some investment potential.

5) People joining the Expanse community are likely to have a much greater impact with their suggestions and ideas.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:46:13 PM

Update: Dan Conway has joined the team to help with coding. He also is working on the website. (starting from scratch on that to get it right)

We plan on building a top tier website and platform of course, but still, we do want to launch soon. So various elements will have to be prioritized. Just letting everyone know that people are working every day on getting this going.

Who is Dan Conway?
I just hope you don't hire Joe Mozeleski aka ICM the Serial Scammer

Who is ICM and what is happened?

You can discover reading from here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1110730.msg12065107#msg12065107

Basically, ICM delivered part that he promised to crave, less the principal: the markets.
Since april he only misleads investors, saying that markets are ready and will be released "this week".
Since June I and a few others realize that he's a sociopath and was just having fun watching their investors losing money and we began to think about a plan B.
Instead of release the market to crave, he created and sold a market for sling, a competing currency that cloned crave code and he also began creating other currencies and C-CEX ICO scams together with a pump&dump group, with some features that he had promised to crave.
These currencies are: grav, nanas, versa, axiom, circ and probably other.
He was reported that we would make a takeover if he didn't present anything, not even a print of what he said be ready.
He didn't and disappeared 15 days ago.
We will complete the takeover so starin return, probably tomorrow.
ICM was doxxed by thelion07.
He is Joseph Mozeleski, responsible for various scams since 2014, starting with cloak coin.
He is a great coder and could complete all his projects, but he is a sociopath who have fun making people lose money and "crave" for him.

Joe Moz seems to like wings and shields, well there are no angels and shields protecting him this time

It is all coming together, portion of my conversation with him in May

I'm out if Joe Mozeleski is involved in getting any part of the premine.

CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:18:03 PM

"I'm out if Joe Mozeleski is involved in getting any part of the premine."

lol?

No, Daniel Conway is not Joe Mozeleski. I would post his Linkedin now but I figured I should ask first. So hang on for more details, but nothing whatsoever to worry about.

monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:46:45 PM

Hi, is there any particular reason why would people rather use Expanse over Ethereum?

Of course.. to expanse.......

altcoinex

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

Director - www.cubeform.io

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 12:02:07 AM

Who is Dan Conway?
I just hope you don't hire Joe Mozeleski aka ICM the Serial Scammer

Hello there, I am Dan Conway.  I am a real person, you can find me in the real world.  I can assure you that in addition to that, I am not Joe Mozeleski, Josh Garza, nor Satoshi Nakomoto. I have worked on a number of projects in the space as a consultant and programmer for hire and have several projects of my own orientated around blockchain technology(Although none of them have been these kind of coin projects.). I have however made a logo for a crypto project that DID both use wings and shield, but that project never launched (maybe affliction the shirt company can be to blame for the prevalence of this style design) ;].

You can research my activity in bitcoin and the crypto community in the last few years and see my participation is primarily that of research and technical development. I have been very hesitant to join any of these coin projects due to the lack of legitimate intentions of the majority of the project managers. I have known Franko and James for a few years now and do not have those negative concerns for them and their project, so it is one I happily commit my efforts to. Also, since I am also not promising anything, it will be hard for me to disappoint by not delivering some big technology/feature, as I'm not saying I'm going to deliver any! I have no grandiose claim to what I bring to the project, nor any supernatural dev abilities, nor even Tony Stark level technological engineering genius to create new features never pioneered before. Rather than that, you will simply see my regular everyday consistent contributions to the project -- And I Hope you enjoy them and that they are helpful, of quality, and beneficial to it and its users.

I am very active on the slack, if you would like to have a chat or any input on the project please stop by. This is a community project and all aspects of it are very heavily influenced by the public opinion, so do not be shy to stop in and voice your opinions on the design and/or direction of the project. I am also active in the Chicago/Midwest Bitcoin Community, if you will come to any of the local meet ups anytime soon, you will likely find me there and we can grab a snack or cup of coffee and discuss Expanse or any of the other interesting topics related to blockchain tech!

I hope my brief introduction provides you with a little comfort on who I am and that I am not one of these alternative ghost personalities. For those of you that don't already know me, nice to make your acquaintance. ;]

╓╢╬╣╣╖
                                   ┌║██████║∩
                                   ]█████████
                                    ╜██████╝`
                                      ╙╜╜╜`
                                   ╓╥@@@@@@╥╓
         ╓╖@@╖,                 ,@║██████████╢@,                 ,╓@@╖╓
       ╓╢██████╢.              ╓╢███████████████╖               ║╢█████║╓
       ║█████████    ,,╓╓,,   ┌║█████████████████┐   ,,╓╓,,    ]█████████
       └╢██████║` ╓╢║██████╢║∩``╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙`»╢╢██████╢║╖  ║███████╜
         "╜╜╜╜` ╖╢█████████╣╜                      └╢██████████@ `╜╜╜╜╜
               ║██████████╜                          ╙╢██████████
              ┌█████████╜                              ╙╢█████████
              └███████╨`                                 ╜████████
               ║████╨╜                                    `╢█████
                ╙╢╣╜                                        └╢█╜
                ,,                                            ,,
             ╓@║██┐                                          ┌██║@╓
            ╢██████                                          ]█████H
           ╢███████∩                                        ┌████████
  ╓@@@@╓   █████████                                        ║████████`  ╓@@@@╖
╓╢██████║. █████████∩                                      ┌█████████ ,║███████╖
██████████ └█████████                                      ██████████ ]█████████
`║██████╜`  └╢████████                                    ┌███████╣╜   ╙██████╨`
  `╙╜╜╙`      `╙╨╢████                                    █████╝╜`       `╙╜╜`
                      ]@╓                              ╓╖H
                      ███╢║@╓,                    ,╓@╢╢███`
                      ████████╢@╖╓.           ╓╖@║████████`
                      ]███████████╢║@╓,  ,╓@╢╢████████████
                       ╙╢█████████████╨` ╜██████████████╜
                         ╙╝╢███████║╜`    `╜║████████╝╜`
                     ,╓@@@╓  `²╙``             `╙²`  ╓@@@╖,
                    ║╢█████╢H                      ╓╢██████H
                    █████████                      █████████`
                    ╙╢██████╜                      ╙╢██████╜
                      └╨╩╝┘                          └╨╩╝╜
WINFLOW.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:02:19 PM

I don't want to look like someone who is inpatient... but actually I'm really inpatient Smiley. BTW where should I ask for a slack invitation? Defaced seems to be too busy to read his PMs. Maybe you guys have someone around who's not coding all the day and can send one.
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:09:46 PM

I don't want to look like someone who is inpatient... but actually I'm really inpatient Smiley. BTW where should I ask for a slack invitation? Defaced seems to be too busy to read his PMs. Maybe you guys have someone around who's not coding all the day and can send one.

For slack invite just PM me your email address. I need that in order to give out a slack invite. Thanks!

I will also check this thread every day and try to respond in a reasonable amount of time. I have odd hours and I am also helping with non coding stuff on the project, but I will read every post, and if I don't have an answer I will get one from the rest of the team.

I would like us to launch this month, so while that is just something that I would like and not an actual timeline, that is what I am hoping for. (no promises!) As soon as Franko is ready he should post the actual announcement.

skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 12:03:18 AM

For slack invite just PM me your email address. I need that in order to give out a slack invite. Thanks!

I will also check this thread every day and try to respond in a reasonable amount of time. I have odd hours and I am also helping with non coding stuff on the project, but I will read every post, and if I don't have an answer I will get one from the rest of the team.

I would like us to launch this month, so while that is just something that I would like and not an actual timeline, that is what I am hoping for. (no promises!) As soon as Franko is ready he should post the actual announcement.

Interesting. I might mine a few.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:05:02 AM

That's probably a good time frame because for home/hobby miners Ethereum will likely no longer be profitable in a couple weeks.
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:35:26 AM

This could be interesting! Btw, can i mine this on AMD apu?
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:32:58 AM

AMD apu, I think those are for Laptops normally and not really traditional GPUs, so I don't think so. I believe for GPU mining you need a bit more power. If you have a laptop or no GPU, generally I think you are better off buying off the market rather than mining. You would use way more power than you would get profit, and likely straining your machine. It might be possible to CPU mine with your rig though if you really wanted to do it. (I would not do that personally however)

skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:37:50 AM

AMD apu, I think those are for Laptops normally and not really traditional GPUs, so I don't think so. I believe for GPU mining you need a bit more power. If you have a laptop or no GPU, generally I think you are better off buying off the market rather than mining. You would use way more power than you would get profit, and likely straining your machine. It might be possible to CPU mine with your rig though if you really wanted to do it. (I would not do that personally however)

They have AMD apu`s in desktops as well. It is still like CPU mining, though, when you consider the power consumption, difficulty, etc. The difficulty on this coin will probably be too high to mine with an apu and turn a profit. As CryptoClub stated, it would be best just to buy some EXP off the exchange. Or even rent a rig.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:57:17 AM

Watching this thread. I am curious about more information and what you are planning with this coin.
lulla.by

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:17:20 PM

Looking forward for eth altcoins, maybe they'll bring some fresh air to the scene
SIX3P0

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:06:10 PM

whats the news from slack, this thing going live soon?
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:49:33 PM

The ETH hype is almost over.

I wonder if this was all a big trick by Vitalik Buterin to make sure an ETH clone was delayed. LOL  Tongue

CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:52:54 PM

whats the news from slack, this thing going live soon?

I had hoped we would launch this month, but that is up to Franko when he is ready. Hopefully soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: