Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:02:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rig  (Read 1731 times)
thebitbabe (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
Rig
October 02, 2012, 06:45:41 PM

Does anyone know what mining Rig will produce the most results? I am new to mining bitcoins and really need some assistance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 06:50:10 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7269.0

Start with that.

Then read this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=9430.0

Then ask a less vague question here.

Nancarrow

Activity: 492

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 07:38:38 PM

Now isn't really a good time to start mining. The reward's halving in December and ASICs may or may not be on the horizon (it's all vapourware at the moment). You're unlikely to get the cost of the rig back even if ASICs are all a bald-faced lie. If they're not, don't even bother getting a GPU based rig. Place an order for an ASIC instead (but then what if they ARE a scam? Aaarrgh.)

Put it this way: don't bother investing in mining gear until January when the dust settles. Certainly I'm not placing any ASIC orders until one of these mythical beasts actually gets seen in the wild. That'll either make me a late adopter, or a savvy scamproof know-it-all. Time will tell.

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 08:50:02 PM

Now isn't really a good time to start mining. The reward's halving in December and ASICs may or may not be on the horizon (it's all vapourware at the moment). You're unlikely to get the cost of the rig back even if ASICs are all a bald-faced lie. If they're not, don't even bother getting a GPU based rig. Place an order for an ASIC instead (but then what if they ARE a scam? Aaarrgh.)

Put it this way: don't bother investing in mining gear until January when the dust settles. Certainly I'm not placing any ASIC orders until one of these mythical beasts actually gets seen in the wild. That'll either make me a late adopter, or a savvy scamproof know-it-all. Time will tell.

+1     o and see my footnote for a super priced magically money making machine with magically no proof is needed

COINDER
COINDER
underminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:02:32 AM

What mining rig?  You mean prefabbed?  I gpu mine, for now, I would say I am getting decent results from my 11th hour assemblies which are basically SLI and crossfire motherboards jammed with cheap cards like 5770 6770 and 5830.  It all depends on what you can get them for, I definitely don't think it's the time to buy new parts.  I'd say my favorite card is the 7970, with the 5830 and 5870 being close second and third favorites.   Just keep in mind these are vastly different cards which cost/produce very different things.  Google search bitcoin mhs radeon or sown thing similar to try to get charts of what each can do approx.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:32:34 AM

What mining rig?  You mean prefabbed?  I gpu mine, for now, I would say I am getting decent results from my 11th hour assemblies which are basically SLI and crossfire motherboards jammed with cheap cards like 5770 6770 and 5830.  It all depends on what you can get them for, I definitely don't think it's the time to buy new parts.  I'd say my favorite card is the 7970, with the 5830 and 5870 being close second and third favorites.   Just keep in mind these are vastly different cards which cost/produce very different things.  Google search bitcoin mhs radeon or sown thing similar to try to get charts of what each can do approx.

I will agree with you that the 7970 is amazing. I can mine at the same speed as my overclocked 5870, and still only use < 100W.

However, I sincerely believe that setting up a GPU rig is foolish at this point. 2 months ago, maybe. 4 months ago, probably. But now? Just sell your cards on ebay, and buy some ASICs.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:37:20 AM

You haven't seen me buy cards/parts. Wink

Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 05:48:39 AM

What mining rig?  You mean prefabbed?  I gpu mine, for now, I would say I am getting decent results from my 11th hour assemblies which are basically SLI and crossfire motherboards jammed with cheap cards like 5770 6770 and 5830.  It all depends on what you can get them for, I definitely don't think it's the time to buy new parts.  I'd say my favorite card is the 7970, with the 5830 and 5870 being close second and third favorites.   Just keep in mind these are vastly different cards which cost/produce very different things.  Google search bitcoin mhs radeon or sown thing similar to try to get charts of what each can do approx.

I will agree with you that the 7970 is amazing. I can mine at the same speed as my overclocked 5870, and still only use < 100W.

However, I sincerely believe that setting up a GPU rig is foolish at this point. 2 months ago, maybe. 4 months ago, probably. But now? Just sell your cards on ebay, and buy some ASICs.

with the current btcprice it s foolish if u don,t mine right now, i also think putting al ur money in asic is foolish at this moment u are still buying air... Undecided

https://blockchain.info/charts/market-price

COINDER
COINDER
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 11:31:40 AM

What mining rig?  You mean prefabbed?  I gpu mine, for now, I would say I am getting decent results from my 11th hour assemblies which are basically SLI and crossfire motherboards jammed with cheap cards like 5770 6770 and 5830.  It all depends on what you can get them for, I definitely don't think it's the time to buy new parts.  I'd say my favorite card is the 7970, with the 5830 and 5870 being close second and third favorites.   Just keep in mind these are vastly different cards which cost/produce very different things.  Google search bitcoin mhs radeon or sown thing similar to try to get charts of what each can do approx.

with the current btcprice it s foolish if u don,t mine right now, i also think putting al ur money in asic is foolish at this moment u are still buying air... Undecided

far more foolish to buy some 7970's just for the purpose of mining

now, if you used them to play games during the day...
dickcheney

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:18:06 PM

This...Battlefield during the Day, Bitcoins at Night.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:58:13 PM

Ya i took the Bitcoins earned from my 5xxx cards, and bought myself a 7970. Then I sold my 5xxx cards, and bought ASICs. I'm still mining, but only at 700MH/s (or ~350 when I'm gaming).

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 07:01:01 PM

Exactly what I do!  What's your origin ID?

A lot of helpful responses to a post from an account made just to scam people in the lending section.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dickcheney

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 01:54:03 PM

A lot of helpful responses to a post from an account made just to scam people in the lending section.  Smiley

PM Sent.
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:34:22 PM

Yeah I know!  I just checked some of that posters comments, its alright, I think some useful things were said for me!

GernMiester

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:29:29 PM

post count update
poon-TANG

Activity: 150

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 03:14:29 AM

Not a good time to start mining.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 04:31:34 AM

PM Sent.

Look up Unacceptable in Origin,join us in our server  Cool

http://theblackduck.net/araven/

Its a little late to start mining,but if you already have the card/s,go for it.You can still make a few coins for the next 6-8 weeks,maybe longer  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: