Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:05:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much is my steam account worth?  (Read 1250 times)
OBAViJEST (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 04:55:42 AM

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976437151/

I think it's a seven digit.  One vac ban 9 years ago when I decided to quit CS 1.6 & got curious with walls (lasted a day before getting b& lol)

Everything is legit, 50+ games.  I couldn't imagine life without Steam, but as they say, everyone has their price... Grin

Thanks in advance
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 05:23:12 AM

Shouldn't have hacked  Cheesy Tongue That VAC ban tag will greatly depreciate the value of the account.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 05:45:48 AM

Shouldn't have hacked  Cheesy Tongue That VAC ban tag will greatly depreciate the value of the account.

Why though?  Considering my current good standing & the fact it was 9 years ago... Just curious! Thanks for your input Smiley
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 08:09:56 PM

Why though?  Considering my current good standing & the fact it was 9 years ago... Just curious! Thanks for your input Smiley
Simply because firstly, the tag will remain there forever!  Also, wait, with a VAC ban, doesn't that mean you can't play any other games that are VAC secured?  If so, that would really suck :-/
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:16:12 PM

Why would the number of digits matter?  I have a 5 digit account from the day Steam launched, I never really considered it was worth anything just because of that.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 08:24:59 PM

Why would the number of digits matter?  I have a 5 digit account from the day Steam launched, I never really considered it was worth anything just because of that.
I think it's just a cool thing to have (and easier to remember).  Bragging rights, maybe?
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 09:40:01 PM

I think it's just a cool thing to have (and easier to remember).  Bragging rights, maybe?

Mostly bragging rights and to show that you're a "veteran". Mostly applies to the counter-strike games, lower digit usually means you may be a more experienced player but that doesn't really hold true nowadays.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:47:58 PM

Mostly bragging rights and to show that you're a "veteran". Mostly applies to the counter-strike games, lower digit usually means you may be a more experienced player but that doesn't really hold true nowadays.

This is for sure, I used to be very good at Counterstrike, I played it from beta until 2004 and I was pretty decent.  I recently tried it again and it was humbling.
OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 06:12:18 PM

Simply because firstly, the tag will remain there forever!  Also, wait, with a VAC ban, doesn't that mean you can't play any other games that are VAC secured?  If so, that would really suck :-/

Nah, the VAC ban I got for CS1.6 only restricted me from playing in VAC secured 1.6 servers, so it's not a 'global' ban in your sense. If it was, I wouldn't have spent the hundreds of dollars in games after that  Smiley
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 05:40:48 AM

Is there actually a market for Steam accounts? I thought Steam could close the account when they find out it has been sold?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:23:34 AM

Is there actually a market for Steam accounts? I thought Steam could close the account when they find out it has been sold?

in fact there isn't it's too much susceptible to scammer, it's better to just sell your game code than sellign the whole account, less trouble with steam itself
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: