Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:01:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If not Bitcoin , then what ?  (Read 3449 times)
Biitcoin (OP)

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 05:12:00 PM

what cryptoocurrency do you think it will replace bitcoin if and I say bitcoin goes down for one reason ?
im afraid this will happen after all this things about bitcoinXT ,  censorship on reddit about it , people can't agree on one thing and this could be the reason of it's death  and that's my opinion only and most of people may lose their coins if they don't know what they are doing

i don't think that Ethereum have a chance either, on the last hour according to marketcap it was like 65 million USD now it became 75$ million USB , alot of pumping going on and im more then sure it's nothing but regular manipulation that rich people do all the time with different coins .

crypto jerk

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:14:19 PM

i don't think that Ethereum have a chance either, on the last hour according to marketcap it was like 65 million USD now it became 75$ million USB , alot of pumping going on and im more then sure it's nothing but regular manipulation that rich people do all the time with different coins .

In the words of Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi; “the first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it is everywhere. The world’s most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.”

edit, yes eth is being pumped for the dump
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:45:50 PM

In the words of Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi; “the first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it is everywhere. The world’s most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.”

Frame it

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
Biitcoin (OP)

Zichain

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 05:52:56 PM

Frame it

Clearly http://cointelegraph.com/news/115104/ether-dump-price-falls-back-to-earth-as-trading-floors-open (love the title and the image on the article)  Roll Eyes

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 05:57:39 PM

Frame it

Clearly http://cointelegraph.com/news/115104/ether-dump-price-falls-back-to-earth-as-trading-floors-open (love the title and the image on the article)  Roll Eyes

Next month it will be an article about how ethereum is the best thing since sliced bread and the masses will pile in.  By that time it will be too late for you to make a fortune.

Carry on dissing eth.  Just don't end up killing yourself when we reach Bitcoin parity.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:07:00 PM

This is a very "religious" question. It depends on what you believe. Some say coins like Ripple or Ethereum will replace Bitcoin one day. Others however say movements like NEM, NXT or Qora. I personally believe that Bitcoin will be the #1 coin for a long time. It is the most community and business supported and established coin.
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 06:17:32 PM

I believe there will be at least a dozens major coins with different specializations and most of them will be part of an integrated network like superNet or something similar. There will be no "one coin to rule them all"

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
Biitcoin (OP)

Zichain

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 06:21:32 PM

stoat , I can't even find out how to get a wallet for that thing and you are speaking about the future of it and how it will rule the world ?
It's so complicated to understand and there is no way that this alternative coin will go mainstream at least not for now , they should start by having a GUI then we can talk

Biitcoin (OP)

Zichain

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 05:04:13 PM

need suggestions guys , please share your knowledge giving arguments and not saying "this is revolution , download link and you leave" .
thank ya

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 05:29:47 PM

This is a very "religious" question. It depends on what you believe. Some say coins like Ripple or Ethereum will replace Bitcoin one day. Others however say movements like NEM, NXT or Qora. I personally believe that Bitcoin will be the #1 coin for a long time. It is the most community and business supported and established coin.

I like how you slipped in NEM and particularly Qora......ie they don't have a hope in hell but your bag holding them.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 05:31:45 PM

People need to look into Vanilla Coin fast. I won't say anything just go look at what it does. And don't let the name put you off, it's not a clone....just sounds like one.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:21:42 AM

There are good projects outside, But only time will decide it. For only mention some. Ethereum,Supernet,Nxt,etc....... Without getting into arguments Litecoin could to have its reserved place too.
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 03:35:33 AM

I posted this in a similar topic in the main BTC forum earlier...

Bitcoin will be around for a while yet!  Regardless of the outcome of the (storm in a tea cup) block size change that is required.

It'll be at least 1-2 years before there is anything challenging its #1 spot and it certainly wont be any of the current alternatives.

Many of those have the same basic limitations as BTC, or at best marginally improve them.  Some of them might find niche markets, Ethereum for example, but most will just fade away while being perpetually replaced by "new" alternatives that offer no significant improvements over what BTC can do.

There are a couple of technologies on the horizon that may pose a threat long term, and plenty of minds (including mine) are working on finding ways to implement real "giant leap" improvements.  The problem with research is it's slow work, 2 years and counting for me, more for others, and as far as I know its going to be at least 6 months before any of these exotic technologies are ready to go full steam ahead.  Even then there is the task of ramp up and roll out, which is again time consuming and expensive.

But, whatever it is, you'll know it when it finally arrives.

owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:37:37 AM

I think nothing will replace bitcoin (except maybe bitcionXT, or whatever they fork next). Just like in real life, there will be few currencies, each useful for something else. For example, if you value your privacy and anonymity, you will not be using bitcoin in which all transactions are public.  For privacy and anonymity people may do business only in monero or something similar, instead of bitcoin. 10 min block time can be annoying for frequent and small transactions. So something with faster times, like litecoin or even faster can be used. And so on.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
Gabri

Activity: 856

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:49:06 AM

I really like NXT.
tech_solutions

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:35:56 AM

I am absolutelly with your opinion that what ever the crypto currency or other coins come but at the last they all will be in conversion to Bitcoins. because Bitcoins are only accepted mostly by all traders and countrys.
DonYo

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 10:53:47 AM

[offtopic]
My OCD wants to fill the circles in yellow
[/offtopic]

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:49:21 PM

Then USD !
pitaluga

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:20:06 PM

im watching bitcoindark/nxt/supernet / vanillacoin  and peercoin (dont believe peercoin can be #1 but i think if PoW coins starts to falldown (btc ltc) PPC could be a temporary choice

edit: 51% is a real problem. big money will not play this game unless we have a more secure alternative
Monopoly

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:43:35 PM

what cryptoocurrency do you think it will replace bitcoin if and I say bitcoin goes down for one reason ?
im afraid this will happen after all this things about bitcoinXT ,  censorship on reddit about it , people can't agree on one thing and this could be the reason of it's death  and that's my opinion only and most of people may lose their coins if they don't know what they are doing

If bitcoin project will failed , all crypto currency coins will failed .......... but if it could achieve successfully the alternatives are dash and monero
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: