Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldcoin Orphans  (Read 3288 times)
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:16:01 PM

Akumaburn

Why don't you share with everyone how many blocks from gold coin has been orphans in the past 24 hours...

Thanks

Doesn't Smarterhash have that information?

hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:53:49 AM

So they all confirmed.  You can check each block on the explorer if you don't believe me.

smarterhash (OP)

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:11:48 AM

yes in fact we do and congratulations on finding the secret recipe for finding the few blocks that actually do not get orphaned and publishing the blocks numbers so that others can replicate your success, since all of the pools are experiencing so many orphans

Smiley
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:54:50 AM

Secret recipe?  No. 

It is a matter of opening your ears and listening.

You have been in a shouting match with everyone regarding GLD coin from the latest fork -- blaming everyone and everything but yourself.

smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:28:21 PM

GLD coin is for those who mine it when no one else is looking.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are just trying to get everyone off GLD so you can secretly mine it yourself.  Otherwise - why bother worrying?  Either that or you are just so upset at the GLD developers that you just want to spend all your time talking about GLD and their orphans on your pool.

actually low network hash rate or lower difficulty is not a guarantee your block won't get orphaned. for instance most of your locks listed were found at over 980 MH/s network hash but there are numerous instances of blocks being orphaned when network hash was 600 to 700 MH/s

secretly mine it? Not worth it - it's not a very profitable coin to mine and ranks about 16th profitability on the list for anyone with 250 MH/s or less and not even worth mining for anyone with more than 250 MH/s and even if someone found every un-orphaned block that's only $80 worth of coins in a day and network hash average for the coin over the past 7 days has been right about 1 GH/s so if I added 500 MH/s to that - it would only get me  $26 in a day that's only .000196 BTC/MH/Day and SmarterHash members (including myself) are used to getting at least .00035 BTC/MH Day and higher.

But as always I like to give my miners as much of a selection as possible because everyone mines for different reason and we now have over 50 different pools at http://pools.smarterhash.com

Have a nice day!
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 05:54:05 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 11:28:30 PM by hdmediaservices

OMG -- "Why...?  Why...?  Why...?"  (Ice Skating)

Of course low network hash and / or difficulty does not determine if a block gets orphaned.  You still don't get it.

For example -- if the current network hash is 600Mh/s but all the pools are applying 1500Mh/s then there is a good chance you will start to run into orphans.

It is based on how much hash is applied by all of the pools / solo miners at one time compared to the current network hash.  It is a specially designed formula that they call the "Golden River."

If you don't understand the formula, then you will never mine this successfully.

Obviously you still don't understand it.  There is a variable that your Smarterhash doesn't chart either because it is not available or you don't pull the data.

As far as profitability with any coin -- that is a whole other ballgame.  It depends what you sell the coins for and Smarterhash cannot predict the markets.

1.  What price are you using for GLD when you calculate the daily BTC/MH/Day?  You are just throwing out numbers with nothing to back it up.

2.  On your profitability of xxx BTC/MH/Day -- is that for someone with 1Mh, 10Mh, 50Mh, 100Mh or 1Gh?  As you know, profitability never scales up like that.  The less hash you have the more profitable things will look.

3.  How do you know how much your members make?  Does Smarterhash trade their coins too?

So many questions -- so few answers...

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 11:44:55 AM

Soooo...you have to sneak up on gld to mine it?
Glad you figured it out.
SH doesn't run an exchange and you know that, you're just stirring up more crap.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:13:22 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 04:09:42 AM by hdmediaservices

Soooo...you have to sneak up on gld to mine it?
Glad you figured it out.
SH doesn't run an exchange and you know that, you're just stirring up more crap.

No - the owner is making profitability claims without any facts and you know it.

I hate to say it -- but in every single post -- you folks are just bitter all the time.  

When you are wrong, you never admit it -- even when someone proves you are wrong.  Never say "Thank you" and the owner of Smarterhash just loves to use every 4 letter word he can think of -- real classy.

Just bitter bitter bitter.  Perhaps because those Hashra Astros never came in...?  But that is another story -- right?  

Have the feds investigated that Hashra vaporware sale yet?  It is just a matter of time...

Beachguy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 10:59:22 PM

What a troll you are......bitter? Nope, I'm happy in my my little life but you must not be in yours.
Funny how you followed us over here and the thread on goldcoin is dead as a doornail.
Please go back there....you belong.

I was minding my own business trying to figure out how to mine a little goldcoin with out all the freakin' orphans.
Then you start spouting all kinds of bs because of some ax to grind so we come here and there you are.

Who's bitter and trolling?

hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:25:49 PM

Have you not read the posts?

I proved that you can mine GLD without orphans.

And when someone makes claims without backing them up -- I call them out on it (aka Smarterhash).

Beachguy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 11:24:55 AM

Love getting the last word in with an insult don't you.
Of course I can read.....but, "What you do speaks so loud I cannot hear what you say."
To quote Emerson

Move along buddy.

hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:08:38 PM

LOL

This feels like I'm having a conversation with some "tough-guy" puppet -- that is clueless and just drinks the kool-aid.

How can this be taken seriously when you don't even address the questions?  Instead you just call them insults?

How am I insulting someone by asking questions regarding claims that are not backed up?

Trust me -- you aren't helping your Smarterhash team.  Not one bit.

wmtomlinso

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:23:43 PM

LOL

This feels like I'm having a conversation with some "tough-guy" puppet -- that is clueless and just drinks the kool-aid.

How can this be taken seriously when you don't even address the questions?  Instead you just call them insults?

How am I insulting someone by asking questions regarding claims that are not backed up?

Trust me -- you aren't helping your Smarterhash team.  Not one bit.

Mr hdmediaservices,

May i ask why you are so against smarterhash? 

Basically all it is a fancy spreadsheet of mining data.  Blocks / Day, Coins / Bloc, network hash, etc.  information any miner could use to try to pick one of the most profitable coins to mine.  there is no multipool, no auto switch.  its a hi end coinwarz.  there are smarter hash pools,, but i dont use them because I already have my fav pools.  i do use the mona coin pool occasionally.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 11:17:51 PM

As I have stated in countless posts -- I think Smarterhash is pretty cool -- it has a lot of great statistics and graphs that can help many miners make smarter decisions on what they mine.

I bought a subscription to Smarterhash in the beginning -- and then the owner cancelled it a month or two later after I made a post regarding SONG coin and him using the wrong wallet.  He was wrong and the only thing he thought he could do to silence me was to cancel my paid subscription to his service. 

Does that sound professional to you? 

Also when the owner starts making claims that his people are making xx BTC per Mh/s and then becomes silent when asked to back up his claims -- you start to wonder... 

Finally -- lets not forget the whole Hashra Astro fiasco -- still on-going.  I was mislead on these units from the beginning.  Yes - I got a refund when requested -- but I was still given false information.

So you ask -- why am I against Smarterhash? 

Well - I am not.  I like Smarterhash.

What I am against are people that just love to use four-letter words when posting on this forum, are rude to others trying to show them that they might be wrong on something and make unsubstantiated claims about a service they are selling.

wmtomlinso

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:49:40 AM

thank you for your precise, informative answer.
smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:12:49 AM

Mr hdmediaservices was told when he signed up at the minimum level that he would not get the correct recommendations for the 2 GH/s mining farm he alleges to have and then he complained the recommendations were incorrect - well yes they were - when you sign up for a subscription that give recommendations for hashing power up to 100 MH/s you are not going to get the correct recommendation fo a 2 GH/s mining farm.

SmarterHash has four subscription levels -
Up to 100 MH/s - $49.95 / year
Up to 250 MH/s - $99.95 / year
Up to 500 MH/s - $149.95 / year
Unlimited Hash - $199.95 / year

These levels exist because the founding members of SmarterHash agreed that people with larger amount of hashing power would benefit more from their subscriptions.

He was told this and ignored it yet continued to complained - so I refunded his money since his refusal to purchase the correct membership was going to continue to give him incorrect results.

and smarterhash is not a glorified coinwarz because coinwarz gives incorrect results - smarterhash.com gives correct results.

and for the record - I have always been and will remain dead set against auto switching because not a single person has ever shown me how increasing competition for blocks (by auto switching pools members hashing power) to one coin results in increased profits for everyone. In fact - they all wind up losing because there's less for everyone.

autoswitching flies in the face of logic.

ps: hdmediaservices - thanks for keeping this thread alive - it's resulted in a bunch of new signups in the past few days.

Have a nice day.

hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:54:49 PM

Now you are just lying.  Do I need to pull up the old threads?

I only used values up to 250Mh/s -- as the site didn't let you use anything higher unless you bought the more expensive membership.

I was never able to input hash rates higher than 250Mh/s -- so how would I get incorrect results?

The complaint was about SONG coin and you know it.  You chose to switch over to the wrong wallet at the time and I called you out on it.  And this had nothing to do with Smarterhash - but your Lifeforcepools.

Then you all of a sudden refunded my money without any correspondence.

Is that how you handle customer service?  People make a complaint and you just refund them.  Silence your critics?

On another front --

1.  So how are the Hashra Astros coming?  Are the feds knocking at your door yet?  You misled a lot of people on these units -- including myself.

2.  And now you believe that LTCGear is actually going to ship out ASIC boards -- Gen 2 boards? 

3.  And you have an incredible data center in NJ that you will host these 350Mh/s boards for yourself and others? 

Oh the things you say on Litecointalk under jjj0923.

I especially love mention that you are a programmer and you have started several million dollar companies -- all sold for a profit.

How far do you want to go with this?

smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:13:57 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 03:38:28 PM by smarterhash

I stand corrected - you did purchase the subscription for $99.95 which entitled (I just verified this on my paypal records) you for up to 250 MH/s but you told me and others that you had a 2 GH/s mining farm so the results you would have seeked for your 2 GH/s mining farm would have never been calculated properly with a 250 MH/s subscription.

I apologize for this mistake and I accept that I made this mistake - but clearly 250 MH/s estimate do not for 2 GH/s worth of mining power - not then and not today either.

no one is knocking at my door because I have always simply given people the same information that Simon has given me and they all understand that and anyone that has ever asked for a refund from me for money already given to Simon long ago has gotten their refund - FROM ME. All funds for machine ordered were sent to Simon a long time ago. So the refunds come to me and I have chosen to increase my stake in machines from Simon.

In terms of getting the 350 MH/S asic units from Chris at LTCGear - who knows, but it's my money that I've put up and you should know that risk, reward and return go hand in hand. All I know is this. I bought shares in LTCgear like lots of others and we all went without payment for months. When given the opportunity to re-instate my account', I did and I'm ahead right now based on my investment and Chris has been paying weekly since the re-instatement. I am sure I'd feel a lot different about Chris if I had the money invested with him that some people did. I am sure some people had over $50,000 with him. I did not -I think my total investment was about $3,000 and like I said - even with the re-instatement fee of about 6 btc I paid - I am ahead and getting further ahead every week. Whether or not the ASIC UNITS from Chris ever arrive is a roll of the dice and there were and still are  numerous people willing to give their positions in line to receive these units for roughly $110/unit because they can't afford to pay the re-instatement fee and they want out.

If you're a risk taker there are numerous accounts for sale where you can purchase accounts entitled to Asic Units for about $110 / asic unit which Chris says runs at about 350/ms - of course this is all well documented on the Litecoin forum.

And yes we have a nice data center setup where all of my equipment is currently hosted and we will have room for more even if my 46 asic units ever arrive where we pay 10.8 cents per Hw/h and no - none of my ASIC UNITS are for sale nor do I have any plans at present to sell any of them. In fact, if and when they do arrive I will probably ship them to Iceland for hosting there because I've found that it will be cheaper with hosting fees to have them hosted there than I have right now paying 10.8 cents per HW/H.

It's interesting that  your view has gone from 'absolutely genius' to 'glorified spreadsheet'  Smiley

hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:08:54 PM

I have always spoken well of Smarterhash.  Honestly I don't remember calling it a "glorified spreadsheet?"  Can you show me my post for that one too?

Regarding my 250Mh/s subscription -- it was sufficient to test your system.  It is not like I have 2Gh/s mining machine.  LOL  I have a collection of A2 Terminator units (34Mh/s - 88Mh/s - 110Mh/s).   Many of my miners point at different coins -- so I don't know why you continue to bring up the 2Gh/s mining farm.

I asked you a handful of questions several times -- never answered any of them.  Care to answer them now?  From the post you pulled from me?

And -- I have continued to praise Smarterhash in practically every post about it -- Can you not take a compliment???  I mean seriously?  What kind of person are you?

Is your nice data center the ice skating rink that you were going to host all of those Hashra Astros?  Or is this something different for your couple machines?  We would love to see photos.

On the LTCGear thing -- well I think it speaks for itself.  You are in denial big time. 

Seriously -- you think there is even a 1% chance of there being 350Mh/s boards?  I mean really?  Unfortunately, this affects your credibility.  Big time.

smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:11:37 PM

get money each week from ltc gear and being ahead on my investment is not being in denial - it's called being in the Black.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: