Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:38:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloning a coin the easy way in about twenty minutes  (Read 3390 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 04:01:25 AM

So I heard you want your own altcoin but keep getting stuck or confused. Skip the hard steps and do it the easy way  Wink

If I missed a step or two, I'll put up a new one with that step included and edit this post

http://pastebin.com/iL9DeTTS

Enjoy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dennislevy

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:09:07 AM

Thanks, Spots

I will give it a try and see what happens? Though, I am not a real techno!
But, I have wanted to try it for a year now. The worst I can do is f* it up Grin

Peace, Dennis

rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:28:52 AM

Thanks for your work here, I think this is a much better idea than people using coin builders without any idea how the code looks. Doing a similar tutorial from Dogecoin (for non-PoS coins) is on my todo list, especially as I know there's a lot of coins based on Doge that need a refresh.

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 06:32:10 AM

Thanks for your work here, I think this is a much better idea than people using coin builders without any idea how the code looks. Doing a similar tutorial from Dogecoin (for non-PoS coins) is on my todo list, especially as I know there's a lot of coins based on Doge that need a refresh.

No problem. This is just a basic guide to someone who wants to do one quick with minimal effort

When you finish yours, send me a link and I'll add it to this post, as well, if you want

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:31:29 AM

This is a great guide, especially for noobs that don't have experience in coding. Thanks for sharing this, mate!  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 07:18:28 AM

I see this guide has already been put to use at least once already  Wink

creepland

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:50:45 AM

Thanks for this. Maybe can try something New (make A altcoin)  hihi

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 06:42:33 AM

So I heard you want your own altcoin but keep getting stuck or confused. Skip the hard steps and do it the easy way  Wink

If I missed a step or two, I'll put up a new one with that step included and edit this post

http://pastebin.com/iL9DeTTS

Enjoy!

how much did you pay for this account?

So spots sold his account? I wonder what new sock-puppet account(s) he is going to reappear under.

You remind me of the fat girl from high school that would go spread rumors about everyone you hated. There's plenty of threads to talk shit about me in; please leave this one clean for people to learn in

bitcoinmax88

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The Visonary Behind VIRAL - Adam Guerbuez

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:12:22 PM

This is the first quality thread on this shit board I have ever seen, nice work on the guide!

VIRAL is my vision - MY Vision is VIRAL - My Twitter is @AdamGuerbuez
PROMOTE YOUR COIN OR SERVICE ON VIRAL AND HAVE THE WHOLE CRYPTO COMMUNITY Talking about it! Go to http://www.GetViralCoin.com/sponsors/
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 01:15:48 PM

secret code for you included? Cheesy

altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:19:08 PM

thanks for the guide,

any chance you can post a section on how to build a standard windows QT wallet? That's the step that is most difficult for me...

rnicoll

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 03:43:43 PM

thanks for the guide,

any chance you can post a section on how to build a standard windows QT wallet? That's the step that is most difficult for me...

Good news, bad news; compiling directly on Windows is in fact madness, and will end in tears. What I do and I'm 99% convinced everyone does is use Gitian, which is tricky to set up but automates everything. Try following https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/gitian-building.md to set up a build environment. There's some hiccups with the very latest Bitcoin that I can't find the details of how to workaround right now, but unless you're building Bit or Doge they shouldn't apply.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
altcoinhosting

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:58:26 PM

thanks for the guide,

Good news, bad news; compiling directly on Windows is in fact madness, and will end in tears. What I do and I'm 99% convinced everyone does is use Gitian, which is tricky to set up but automates everything. Try following https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/gitian-building.md to set up a build environment. There's some hiccups with the very latest Bitcoin that I can't find the details of how to workaround right now, but unless you're building Bit or Doge they shouldn't apply.

I'll try it out tomorrow, thanks for the tip!!!

blade007

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:41:08 PM

its a good guide, can you make a guide about POW+POS coin, with basic of what veriables to change when making a POW/POS coin
I want to learn, can you help me through PM for some basic about veriables to change for making a POW/POS coin
rnicoll

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:15:45 PM

its a good guide, can you make a guide about POW+POS coin, with basic of what veriables to change when making a POW/POS coin
I want to learn, can you help me through PM for some basic about veriables to change for making a POW/POS coin

Doesn't help with PoS, but if you want to take a look at the recent history of Dogecoin you can see us rebuilding the coin from scratch around Bitcoin Core 0.11: https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/commits/1.10-branding/src

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 09:23:09 PM

That is exactly what this post will show you how to do. These coins will have both PoW and PoS

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 11:05:48 PM

This tutorial is outdated. I need a "How to clone Ethereum tutorial".

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 11:55:52 PM

thanks for the guide,

Now I don't feel so stupid. I was trying my hand at compiling wallets this weekend, and almost got to the point of punching my monitor. I'll try gitian, next weekend when I have time. Grin
altcoinhosting

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:13:07 AM

thanks for the guide,

Now I don't feel so stupid. I was trying my hand at compiling wallets this weekend, and almost got to the point of punching my monitor. I'll try gitian, next weekend when I have time. Grin

I know the feeling  Wink... I have actually tried to compile windows wallets on my old 32 bit laptop, my new 64 bit server and on linux using MXE... Couldn't get it to work... I'm following the gitain install manual as we speak... I don't know if i'll have enough time to actually try compiling today, but if i do, i'll report back

altcoinhosting

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:39:18 AM

thanks for the guide,

I'll try it out tomorrow, thanks for the tip!!!

In the meantime, i succesfully set up a gitian build environment... Took me about 5-6 hours to get it up and running... In the end, i followed this tutorial: https://dashtalk.org/threads/how-to-gitian-build-dash-under-debian-jessie-using-lxc.5397/ and succesfully built dash  Grin

At the moment, i put the sourcecode of my previous attempt on github, and i'm struggeling with gitian to build the qt wallet for windows... So far no luck  Embarrassed
If i succeed in building everything for windoze, i might make a full tutorial, based on the tutorial from igotspots, but with compile instructions....

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: