Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:50:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer R1  (Read 9512 times)
QuintLeo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:23:04 PM

Anyone have more information than Bitmain has posted on their website yet? What they DO have posted is very uninformative and confusing.

https://www.antpool.com/user/antRouter.htm

It DOES make me wonder if they intend to put WiFi (or some sort of wireless anyway) capability in their next generation miner(s).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:28:56 PM

Anyone have more information than Bitmain has posted on their website yet? What they DO have posted is very uninformative and confusing.

https://www.antpool.com/user/antRouter.htm

It DOES make me wonder if they intend to put WiFi (or some sort of wireless anyway) capability in their next generation miner(s).

Good find.  But Yes and No.  This looks to be just a wireless bridge.  The miner itself wouldn't to need to have wireless capabilities.
pinhead666

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:32:07 PM

I wonder it also.Router consuming 2W power and it is miner too? I think it's only for solo mining 'cause they say payment is 25 btc to your wallet. But I'm confused too. No proper information anywhere. Or this is just one more "coming soon" option.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:35:46 PM

I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't actually have a mining chip inside, and instead just acts as a perpetual rental of a low hash rate from Bitmain's cloud offerings.  But hey, if they want to beat BitFury and/or 21, Inc. to the market with an 'IoT miner', more power to them Smiley

Meech

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:48:34 PM

Instead of serious toys they work on TinkerToys?  If it indeed will mine I doubt pool options would be available and as said would be directed to Antpool or Hashnest.  Fun possibilities but there surely is a catch which benefits Bitmain.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:48:47 PM

TERM OF USE。

AntRouter Terms of Use

AntRouter is a portable router (the “Product”) with the function of digital coin mining, designed, developed and produced by Bitmain Technologies Limited (“Bitmain”). You should read carefully all the materials related to the Product, including but not limited to Terms of Use (the “Terms”), the product instructions before purchasing and using the Service. Once you use the Product, You are deemed to fully understand and recognize the Terms and other materials, to agree and abide by the Terms and the instructions.

1. Product Use

1.1The Product is a plug-and-play portable router, which need to be connected with internet cable and powered on to act as a wireless router.

1.2 The Product is also a Bitcoin mining device, which you just need to login and bind your AntPool account with the Product in accordance with the instructions.

1.3 The Product is also a charger, which need to insert a USB wire in and connected with your cellphone.

1.4 You shall bear all relating costs incurred in the product use, including but not limited to electric bill and internet access fee.

1.5 The internet signal intensity is influenced by wall and furniture layout, indoor air temperature and humidity, electromagnetic environment, the internet connection speed is determined by telecommunication network provided by the telecommunications operators, and the output of Bitcoin is determined by the Bitcoin rules. The internet signal intensity, connection speed and Bitcoin output are estimation based the idealized model, which is not a promise to you.

2. After-Sale Service

2.1 Bitmain warrants for a repairs period of ninety (90) days from the date of sale (“the date of lodgment“) (the "Warranty Period"). Bitmain assumes no liability for aforementioned warranty claims if the claims result solely from your misuse, negligence, improper installation or unauthorized attempt to repair the parts.

2.2 The repair cost, spare parts cost in the after-sale service will be borne by Bitmain. You shall be responsible for the delivery cost for sending and accepting the Product.

2.3 You shall contact Bitmain’s after-sale person, provide the invoice, receipt, and/or other purchasing certificate before enjoying the after-sale service.

3. Data Security

3.1 You shall use the Product with secure device and internet connectivity, and protect your account information. You shall be responsible for the loss caused by your unsafe use of the Product and information leak.

4. Limitation of Warranty and Liability

4.1 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Bitmain disclaims all other warranties and representations, express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranty of availability, reliability, correctness, completeness, suitability, no virus.

4.2 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Bitmain shall not be responsible for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages or claims (including but not limited to any responsibility arising out of personal injury, private information leak, failure to exercise reasonable care, and compensation for damages caused by negligence or any other pecuniary loss).

5. Miscellaneous

5.1 The formation, execution, performance, interpretation and dispute resolution of the Terms shall be governed by the laws of the People’s Republic of China (not including the law of conflict), without respect to its conflict of laws principles.

5.2 Any dispute or controversy related to this agreement or the performance thereof shall be solved firstly by mutual and amiable ne gotiation; if no agreement is reached, the dispute or controversy shall be brought to the people’s court with jurisdiction of the place where Bitmain is located.

5.3 Bitmain's failure to exercise or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege under theTerms shall not operate as a waiver; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof.

5.4 If any provision of the Terms is found to be partly or fully invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any reason, the remaining provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
Meech

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:51:29 PM

But No actual specs on hashrate or if its self cooled.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:32:55 PM

It seems to only solo mine, still a nice little solo miner in a phone charger and access point if need be, I will definitely be keeping an eye on this little product.

Reading it I'm thinking the same thing.   I think it will have stats of regular miners pointed to antpool, but I think these routers look like "lotto" devices. 

Guess time will tell on that.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:35:23 AM

It seems to only solo mine, still a nice little solo miner in a phone charger and access point if need be, I will definitely be keeping an eye on this little product.

Reading it I'm thinking the same thing.   I think it will have stats of regular miners pointed to antpool, but I think these routers look like "lotto" devices.  

Yeah it says that if you hit they will call you and help you redeem your coins so it seems it is a solo like pool through antminer like CK's but they are aiming for new users and the inexperienced.

I really wish they provided more details on speed.  I think someone screwed up adding it early to site.

I find it interesting they show it in third pic talking about taking with you looking like a hotel.  So they are recommending it travel with you, interesting idea for a small miner.

I will be honest though I really don't want it as a main router.  I would love one to play with but chances are I would use as lotto device not use as main router.  Unless they really surprise me with a feature for having it in front of our miners.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:07:00 AM

Looks like we are finally seeing our first miner in a device, I assume this uses one of the new S7 chips in it instead of just throwing it on a usb stick. This could be really cool to check out!

The 2w is for the router only part, don't expect that to be the power draw while mining expect a at least one chip or two in there.

would you pay 7k for that ?.

10 days for mining 1 KW mining for 7k + that is a dollar sigh now that means two things to me it cost 7k to buy or in 10 days you can make 7k . either way both are wrong or what fool will pay 7 k for some thing that won't do that in 10 days if it means that . lmao .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:11:12 AM

Looks like we are finally seeing our first miner in a device, I assume this uses one of the new S7 chips in it instead of just throwing it on a usb stick. This could be really cool to check out!

The 2w is for the router only part, don't expect that to be the power draw while mining expect a at least one chip or two in there.

I think they mean it would be around 7k if you got a block with it.  So it's talking about possible reward, not cost I think.

Again I could be wrong but I'm thinking they are talking about it winning at "lotto" or solo mine with little device.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:14:13 AM

I think they mean it would be around 7k if you got a block with it.  So it's talking about possible reward, not cost I think.

Again I could be wrong but I'm thinking they are talking about it winning at "lotto" or solo mine with little device.

I know it just how it's worded to sell . it makes you think two things . I do hope so , but it does look cool.the real price might be a the price of one U3 but the catch you have to buy 20 .

tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:54:59 AM

Reading it I'm thinking the same thing.   I think it will have stats of regular miners pointed to antpool, but I think these routers look like "lotto" devices.  

Yeah it says that if you hit they will call you and help you redeem your coins so it seems it is a solo like pool through antminer like CK's but they are aiming for new users and the inexperienced.

I really wish they provided more details on speed.  I think someone screwed up adding it early to site.

I find it interesting they show it in third pic talking about taking with you looking like a hotel.  So they are recommending it travel with you, interesting idea for a small miner.

I will be honest though I really don't want it as a main router.  I would love one to play with but chances are I would use as lotto device not use as main router.  Unless they really surprise me with a feature for having it in front of our miners.

i think its more of a gimmick to get you to use the cloud mining.  not much hash with 2w and it needs to be linked to your antpool account.  so if they can see that the device is on,  they will keep the cloud mining rate of something tiny.  turn off the device or loose power and your cloud mining stops.  interesting way to pretend the device is an actual miner. 

or am i wrong?  does it actually do any mining at the hardware level?
anamichii

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:26:57 AM

i think its more of a gimmick to get you to use the cloud mining.  not much hash with 2w and it needs to be linked to your antpool account.  so if they can see that the device is on,  they will keep the cloud mining rate of something tiny.  turn off the device or loose power and your cloud mining stops.  interesting way to pretend the device is an actual miner. 

or am i wrong?  does it actually do any mining at the hardware level?

maybe you right
what miner can do with 2 watt?

so lets go to q/a
    Q:It is the same with a normal router?
    A:They are the same except AntRouter can mine bitcoin. AntRouter has 3 operating modes: AP, PPPOE.

so it's clearly a router.  Grin

Q:If I dug bitcoin, how much is the profit?
    A:The profit AntRouter can make is a whole "block", which includes all 25-26 bitcoins output from it.

so, while we buy it, same as we buy a lotto ticket..
this is new way to sell cloudmining. let see the mining stat :
    You have been mining for 0 days, 0% to achieve target!
    There are 0 miners dug 0 bitcoins,
    During the last 100 days in 9 valid miners.
    The amount is equivalent to the current exchange rate of $0!

so, its clearly linked to cloud mining  Cheesy
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:43:12 AM

Watching!

Huh Huh Huh

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 07:26:55 PM

I wouldn't use it as a main router and I doubt other would but for having miners that need to be ethernet connected away from the main router this is a solution and alternative to buying TPlinks and have a chance  to have it hit a block. I don't know what they are going to do (either mine on their side or have a single chip in here) but the higher the hashrate the better!

I doubt it will be able to replace the tplinks though.  They all run special firmware loaded on them.  I know my avalon 4.1's can use one. I don't see bitmain being worried if they work with my avalon 4.1's.

If they make it where I could plug in some usb sticks with it then I would love this device though.   So much is guessing hopefully they release more soon.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 07:39:30 PM

this could definitely work maybe its a way for them to get rid of the remaining chips from S1 and S2 units used in the U2 USB sticks by dumping them in something like a TP link router
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 07:51:52 PM

How much does this thing cost?

Mining since 2014
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:01:59 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 08:21:16 PM by toptek

I'm guessing 150 at the most maybe because it is a router that mines BTC and will be on all the time if it's in a home or business. my router is . i wonder if it will  run a tv cable off of it like the Verizon router if it can which i know it Polly can't i would replace my Verizon router with it and i would buy it for sure I want one but it depends on the price if i buy it or not and what the router part can do . I don't have a use for three routers I have two now but if I could replace both the Verizon and voyage router that would be awesome , but i sure it's a normal router with nothing special  other then it mines BTC.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:21:40 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 08:40:32 PM by notlist3d

I'm guessing 150 at the most maybe because it is a router that mines BTC and will be on all the time if it's in a home or business. my router is . i wonder if it will  run a tv cable off of it like the Verizon router if it can which i know it Polly can't i would replace my Verizon router with it and i would buy it for sure I want one but it depends on the price if i buy it or not and what the router part can do . I don't have a use for three routers I have two now but if I could replace both the Verizon and voyage router that would be awesome , but i sure it's a normal router with nothing special about other then it mines BTC.

I think that is way to much.  I see it competing with tplink nano's and a usb stick miner.  So 20 for tplink, and 25 or so for stick miner.  

I'm hoping to see this around 50.  I would guess though they will jack price some but 150 were talking about a lot bigger and more quality routers then a one usb plug and one Ethernet plug little box with a miner chip in it likely.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: