Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:42:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer R1  (Read 9512 times)
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 04:10:07 PM

It shows sold out after you hit Confirm.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RichBC

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 04:42:47 PM

Agreed I do not think it is actually available for sale yet, we are just seeing it from Yesterdays Trial listing link. Router is not in the main product listing yet.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:25:18 PM

After electrical costs, I'm betting a Linksys N300 Wi-Fi Wireless Router would be a more practical purchase.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:44:14 PM

After electrical costs, I'm betting a Linksys N300 Wi-Fi Wireless Router would be a more practical purchase.

This really is not a entire router like the N300.  I would say this is more in the area of tplink nanos.   Basically a traveling router.

I'm a little disappointed in the on board chip.  Just wish it was clocked higher.   Also wish we could see some screens from this thing I wonder if there is anything that ties in with antpool, or hashnest.  I would enjoy having stats being pulled up by it.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:50:25 PM

This really is not a entire router like the N300.  I would say this is more in the area of tplink nanos.   Basically a traveling router.

I'm a little disappointed in the on board chip.  Just wish it was clocked higher.   Also wish we could see some screens from this thing I wonder if there is anything that ties in with antpool, or hashnest.  I would enjoy having stats being pulled up by it.
That and it is a 2 amp phone/tablet charger that is nice, this would be really great for a pi controller. Power the pi and give network connectivity all in one device.

Better yet is not having to use a PI.  The list this feature:

Bitcoin Mining Host

The R1 can also be used as a controller to manage and run several AntMiner U3s. Connecting your U3 to the AntRouter R1 via a USB hub eliminates the need to keep the U3 plugged into your computer.

I'm hoping that it will be able to do side hacks compacs aswell.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:50:29 PM

what electrecity cost will have this 5w? is nothing for a device. Unfortunately when you confirm the order appear a message that this product is sold out. I think is not ready for orders yet but maybe will be the next days?

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 06:06:03 PM

That and it is a 2 amp phone/tablet charger that is nice, this would be really great for a pi controller. Power the pi and give network connectivity all in one device.

Better yet is not having to use a PI.  The list this feature:

Bitcoin Mining Host

The R1 can also be used as a controller to manage and run several AntMiner U3s. Connecting your U3 to the AntRouter R1 via a USB hub eliminates the need to keep the U3 plugged into your computer.

I'm hoping that it will be able to do side hacks compacs aswell.
Yes that works great with the Bitmain side of miners but for the others I doubt Bitmain will have this working with competitors.

The main one I think of using currently is the compac.  And it appears to be a U3 in it's software I believe.   

So it is possible one of GekkoScience's compac's will work.  We will not know till after release.
Laviathon

Activity: 481
Merit: 264

BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 07:46:39 PM

Im pretty sure if they clocked it higher that would be bad end result with no fan.  It says operating temp is 40 in a 25 degree environment.

BCMonster.com BTC, KMD, ZEN, HUSH, RFox, ARRR, ACH, VRSC <cpu> -   /  Easy Live Dashboards   / Looking for Miners! Join our Discord
RichBC

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:10:51 PM

Im pretty sure if they clocked it higher that would be bad end result with no fan.  It says operating temp is 40 in a 25 degree environment.

It's clocked at 100MHz so the chip will be taking about 1.5W. Could probably push it to 200MHz which would be 3W so long as the DC converter chip can take it, perhaps a heatsink on the chips? Lots of fun to be had.  Smiley

Rich

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:42:12 PM

I'm not sure on that.  Look at what sidehack was able to do with a chip.  I mean it's able to do 8GH easily with no issues. 

But I guess it depends on design.  We really don't know what kind of heatsink they have on chip.  If they did a small really cheap one it could take moding to safely go higher.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:44:15 PM

I'm not sure on that.  Look at what sidehack was able to do with a chip.  I mean it's able to do 8GH easily with no issues. 
While the Compac will run passive at 8Gh/s, I wouldn't really recommend it - never mind if putting it into an enclosed space with limited surface area for cooling (which the R1 largely appears to be, ventilation holes notwithstanding).

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 11:50:59 PM

While the Compac will run passive at 8Gh/s, I wouldn't really recommend it - never mind if putting it into an enclosed space with limited surface area for cooling (which the R1 largely appears to be, ventilation holes notwithstanding).

Mine was outside I give you that.   I did add PC fan's to the area and have OC'ed them after to 15 gh.  If they have clocked at around 5 there it likely will never get hot.

I would rather have a fan on R1 with a little more power.  But guess for a router their design is much more common.  I do look forward to mods on it
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:04:51 PM

I wish I could order 1 U3 instead of 20 alonght with an R1.. Sad..  I'll pay for shipping.

Still think they should make a U4 with the new chips.. I need another small miner.  S7 is just too much for me for hobby mining.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:33:31 PM

I wish I could order 1 U3 instead of 20 alonght with an R1.. Sad..  I'll pay for shipping.

Still think they should make a U4 with the new chips.. I need another small miner.  S7 is just too much for me for hobby mining.

Look over in group buy's.  There are sellers such as crazy guy.  He sells them 1 at a time.

He is a very good seller.  There might be others but there are many ways to get 1 instead of that 20 order quantity.
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 02:48:58 PM

Look over in group buy's.  There are sellers such as crazy guy.  He sells them 1 at a time.

He is a very good seller.  There might be others but there are many ways to get 1 instead of that 20 order quantity.

I like to buy from Bitmain directly but no biggie.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:08:44 PM

I do to buy with MOQ 20 that is a lot of U3's to take on at once.   Honestly check out Crazy Guy's site or PM him - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=25223

I planned on getting 1, liked it so much ordered 2 more from him.  Hes top notch seller (and no I don't get paid for this endorsement Smiley ).  I just know he will treat you right though.
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:32:31 PM

I do to buy with MOQ 20 that is a lot of U3's to take on at once.   Honestly check out Crazy Guy's site or PM him - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=25223

I planned on getting 1, liked it so much ordered 2 more from him.  Hes top notch seller (and no I don't get paid for this endorsement Smiley ).  I just know he will treat you right though.

Sweet thanks for the reference.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:29:22 PM

I was surprised how hot the heat sink got when running a compac at only 125 freq, I put a fan on the one I have at that frequency right away after I touched it.

Still think they should make a U4 with the new chips.. I need another small miner.
Given the track record with the U3, I would say thanks but no thanks to a U4.  Instead, wait for gekko science to make their pod (link).  It will be what you are hoping for from a "U4", except the gekko version will work and you'll be supporting "the good guys" instead of a major international corporation.
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:20:11 PM

I was surprised how hot the heat sink got when running a compac at only 125 freq, I put a fan on the one I have at that frequency right away after I touched it.

Still think they should make a U4 with the new chips.. I need another small miner.
Given the track record with the U3, I would say thanks but no thanks to a U4.  Instead, wait for gekko science to make their pod (link).  It will be what you are hoping for from a "U4", except the gekko version will work and you'll be supporting "the good guys" instead of a major international corporation.

I just bought their USb miner.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 09:41:37 PM

You might try to turn down voltage and see if it makes a difference. What speed are you getting at 125? 

I have 2 at 150 and it ran fine with no fan.  Now the ones I have cranked up to 250 I had to add fans.   They really did get hot, but well within spec.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: