Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:48:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] V.HRL Vendor's High Risk Loan up to 3% interest weekly  (Read 8924 times)
Bugpowder

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:07:35 AM

I wish all these ponzi schemes would die in a fire. I hope they all get delisted.

This asset should have not passed the smell test imo.

The sad thing is, real companies shares or bonds can never really materialize on GLBSE or other exchanges until these ponzi scams are removed.  When comparing between a return of 10% a year or one that gives 10% in one month, the temptation of greed is too much.  Then when the security collapses and the person learned their lesson, they don't have any money to invest in a realistic security.

MPEX has no ponzi's. Loan me your coins, I will invest them the there for you  Wink

Thats not entirely true http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex.php?mpsic=B.MPCD.A

B.MPCD.A can only lose money if NYAN.A blows up (probable), Patrick Harnett blows up (possible), and MPOE loses approximately 3000+ BTC in any given month during the course of the CDO.

But yes the first two components are ponzi-like and I would not want to be sitting in the junior tranches of this CDO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:08:31 AM

I wish all these ponzi schemes would die in a fire. I hope they all get delisted.

The sad thing is, real companies shares or bonds can never really materialize on GLBSE or other exchanges until these ponzi scams are removed.  When comparing between a return of 10% a year or one that gives 10% in one month, the temptation of greed is too much.  Then when the security collapses and the person learned their lesson, they don't have any money to invest in a realistic security.

MPEX has no ponzi's. Loan me your coins, I will invest them the there for you  Wink

Not seeing how that's a ponzi.  A bad (or failed) investment maybe, but not a ponzi.
Bugpowder

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:23:28 AM

If you think B.MPCD.A is a bad investment please sell me your shares under market.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 01:40:16 AM

But good investors should be able to see through this. When offered one share with 30% return per month, or another at 10% return per year, the good investor should realize there is a difference in the risk of the two offerings. Not everybody is stupid enough to dump all their money into the highest risk place. Those people who go into the less risky ventures will continue investing, because they have not lost their principal like those who jumped at the shiniest scam.

The problem with that argument is that not all scammers offer 30% per month (just using your figures for simplicity).  A smarter scammer can offer the 10% per year - knowing that not only will he have to pay out less as the scam proceeds, but also there's a category of investor he can target that the 30%/month one can't.

Madoff was only paying 5% a year. The only reason a bitcoin ponzi hasnt been  run at those rates is because there are other ones at 1-2-3% a week  Tongue

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 01:41:56 AM

B.MPCD.A can only lose money if NYAN.A blows up (probable), Patrick Harnett blows up (possible), and MPOE loses approximately 3000+ BTC in any given month during the course of the CDO.

But yes the first two components are ponzi-like and I would not want to be sitting in the junior tranches of this CDO.

If you think MPEX has some special ponzi-off spray youre kidding yourself. They can happen even in highly regulated markets so to say glbse is something special in this regard is facetious.

Bugpowder

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:47:14 AM

If you think MPEX has some special ponzi-off spray youre kidding yourself. They can happen even in highly regulated markets so to say glbse is something special in this regard is facetious.

It's not a ponzi-off spray, it's just minimal vetting of listed securities.  In contrast GLBSE actively recruits ponzi and ponzi-like funds, perhaps because the listing, buying and panic selling of these securities generates a large amount of revenue for the exchange.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:59:34 AM

Well actually, MPOE showed ~10k BTC cover of which this bond has 500 BTC. A 3k trade loss would mean roughly 150 BTC loss of the bond's capital.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 02:03:32 AM

... In contrast GLBSE actively recruits ponzi and ponzi-like funds, perhaps because the listing, buying and panic selling of these securities generates a large amount of revenue for the exchange.

Bingo. Couldnt have said it better myself.
Bugpowder

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 02:10:01 AM

Well actually, MPOE showed ~10k BTC cover of which this bond has 500 BTC. A 3k trade loss would mean roughly 150 BTC loss of the bond's capital.

Right, and 350BTC are in the super senior tranche. Hence, all three things need to occur to incur a loss.
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:32:54 AM

No, NYAN.A is not ponzi like. Do not attempt to defraud people who are investing in NYAN.A.

Speaking of Nyan.a - where's the .99 bid-wall that's supposed to be maintained in a reasonably timely fashion? Pretty sure it hasn't been up for over a day - and there's 120 sahres from satisfied customers waiting to use it.

And while you're at it - maybe buy out some more of those Yarr shares who were due their payout a month or so back (yeah, I know you stalled them by saying you were going to offer 10 insured obsi shares instead - but you gave that idea up a while back yet still havent bought out the last ones or even kept up your bid-wall that you'd promised for those who didn't want to wait).
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 11:42:46 AM

It's nice you use "facetious" there. Other instances of such facetiousness:

"If you think Western medicine has some special health spray you're kidding yourself. Disease can happen even in highly developed countries, so to say Chad is something special in this regard is facetious."

"If you think gated communities have some special violence-off spray you're kidding yourself. Violent crimes can happen even in the police station, so to say the poor parts of Detroit are something special in this regard is facetious."

Keep on keeping on, it's kinda funny to watch.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:34:35 PM

But good investors should be able to see through this. When offered one share with 30% return per month, or another at 10% return per year, the good investor should realize there is a difference in the risk of the two offerings. Not everybody is stupid enough to dump all their money into the highest risk place. Those people who go into the less risky ventures will continue investing, because they have not lost their principal like those who jumped at the shiniest scam.

The problem is all these schemes need to cash out and it depresses the value of all stocks so that 10% per year just turned into a 20% loss because of the rush to the exit. Then people sell down your fund because your NAV dropped when all the ponzis collapsed, so even low risk funds lost money.

Its  a viscious circle that affects everything. Even the mining stocks have been sold down and they are about as conservative as bitcoin investment gets.

I was imagining some asset that was not invested in everything else, like a company which actually does something to generate revenue, call it RGV (revenue generating venture). For RGV, the price of all the other assets does not matter. If a fund manager is liquidating and sells off RGV the price will drop temporarily. If you have done your research, such a time would be a good opportunity to increase your investment in RGV. The price of the RGV will go back up to where it was once the fund finishes liquidating. You only take that loss as the fund sells out if you also sell at the low point.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
vendor (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 05:24:58 PM

I have to admit that V.HRL is in a very bad shape and IF no further losses will occur it will need 4 years get back the NAV to 1.0

I was trading on GLBSE for  few month when I decided to start on my own. Things was looking all right but right after I spent the money I got from investors everything gone south immediately. Nearly every security collapsed. Bad times.

I want to explain why there are not so many angry investors on this topic.

277 V.HRL sold

I bought 37 myself.
I sold 40 to 3 different person who I know for long time  and to whom I introduced bitcoin as a good opportunity to keep some of their savings. They took my advise and it turned out to be good so far. Then I told them if they buy some V.HRL for the fraction of their savings it might be profitable. They are all right. I talked to them and it did not hit them hard compare to the gain thanks to bitcoin itself.

And finally 160 is at NYAN.B 

The point is that there are not so many V.HRL out there so no angry investors.

I will try to keep the asset running at lower NAV but will not sell any new asset below 1.0
I will not take any fee until the NAV gets back to at least 0.8 even if it takes a very long time.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 06:23:43 PM

I have to admit that V.HRL is in a very bad shape and IF no further losses will occur it will need 4 years get back the NAV to 1.0

I was trading on GLBSE for  few month when I decided to start on my own. Things was looking all right but right after I spent the money I got from investors everything gone south immediately. Nearly every security collapsed. Bad times.

Why do you say it will take 4 years? Some of the most recent downward movement is from a few people cashing out to get out of GLBSE completely due to the Goat/Nefario kerfufle. Since they are selling off so quick, some of those prices will rebound back up. I would think that as a professional GLBSE stock trader, you should be able to scoop up many of these assets for a large discount and make a decent profit during this downward dip?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 09:39:58 AM

Why do you say it will take 4 years? Some of the most recent downward movement is from a few people cashing out to get out of GLBSE completely due to the Goat/Nefario kerfufle. Since they are selling off so quick, some of those prices will rebound back up. I would think that as a professional GLBSE stock trader, you should be able to scoop up many of these assets for a large discount and make a decent profit during this downward dip?

Because he blew all the IPO funds on OBSI.HRPT of course.

vendor (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:14:19 PM

What do you think I should value V.HRL at in NYAN's portfolio? Thanks.

Right under OP you can find the dividend history with the NAV updated based on 5 day average price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: