Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:59:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] What is wrong with GLBSE?  (Read 2419 times)
prawda (OP)

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 11:11:49 AM

Hi,

some weeks ago (about 2), I created a security at GLBSE. After I paid the fee and wrote an E-Mail how to verify, I got an answer saying that I should just reply to this E-Mail address with verification details. After I have done that I never got any E-mail neither was my Security accepted or denied. I also don't get any answer to my question if they have received my E-Mail or if they considered to answer these.

So does anyone know what is happening there?

The security is nothing special. It is a mining bond with a typical contract. So I don't think GLBSE considers it to be scam. Also the verification details included a correct telephone number, a postal address and an ID with the same postal address and name. I have neither received a call nor a letter or anything.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
singular

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 11:24:09 AM

Same here, sent ID and FB for verification, paid fee and created security, talked with them on irc how ong it takes and they said it should take less than a week to accept the security. When that didnt happen i went to their irc channel to talk and nobody is present there for days so i sent an email to glbse support and asked about it and i got no reply..
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:44:49 PM

GLBSE seems to be having a bit of trouble lately.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:59:40 PM

Maybe Nefario has suddenly gone silet because the guy investigating from the SEC gave him a silncing order?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
bitcoinbear

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:03:39 PM

So does MPEX. In fact I heard someone say that MPEX was a scam.

What can we learn from this?

Look, you're supposed to be a PR agent for MPOE. You're doing a really shitty job. You wanna talk conflict of interest? You're issuing malicious criminal libel against GLBSE. For god's sake. Don't you understand that this is business, and that there will be competitors? Stop making an ass of yourself... Honestly, yes, there are problems with GLBSE. No on denies that. But we really don't need the spokesman from MPOE doing nothing but trolling GLBSE.

Seriously, look at your last 20 posts. I'm willing to bet that no more than one or two of them had anything to do with MPOE and the other 18 were just comments against other people/exchanges not connected with MPOE. What the fuck is wrong with you?  Don't you know you are destroying whatever is left of Mircea's rep?

I don't think "conflict of interest" means what you think it means. By the way, have you seen the new thread in the scammer accusations board?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:05:32 PM

Hi,

some weeks ago (about 2), I created a security at GLBSE. After I paid the fee and wrote an E-Mail how to verify, I got an answer saying that I should just reply to this E-Mail address with verification details. After I have done that I never got any E-mail neither was my Security accepted or denied. I also don't get any answer to my question if they have received my E-Mail or if they considered to answer these.

So does anyone know what is happening there?

The security is nothing special. It is a mining bond with a typical contract. So I don't think GLBSE considers it to be scam. Also the verification details included a correct telephone number, a postal address and an ID with the same postal address and name. I have neither received a call nor a letter or anything.

Same here, posted my headaches on here after 3 weeks of attempting to work with them with no dice. I chalked them up to thieves and they wont give your bitcoins back so just join us all on the scam accusation now.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
drekk

Activity: 70

Who shot who in the what now?

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 03:07:11 PM

I'm just a financial amateur, but lookiing at what has been posted lately on this forum regarding GLBSE/Nefario, I wouldn't throw a single Satoshi in their general direction. And I gave money to Pyramining!

Just my two bitcents.
  ~drekk~

☛ GPG Key / Fingerprint: CDFF 083A 3056 7DD8 B5B9  6687 726C AB05 D6AE 6148
☛ Overly attached BitMinter miner // 4pmlIE9idmlvdXMgdHJvbGwgaXMgb2J2aW91cy4g4pm
SmiGueL

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:13:00 PM

Ok GLBSE is totally down now..

https://glbse.com/

We will update our users on Saturday.

Huh

Asicminer Hashrate Charts @ www.asicminercharts.com

Donations BTC: 1SmiGSGWXzD5aZhmw3jyfpBFCgiki45MT
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:13:29 PM

Well what's wrong with it right now is that it's totally down.  404s on every page.
001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 03:17:13 PM

Hell goodness, how could he do such things without prior notice to its user like for 2 weeks. Nefiro gone crazy are was it going to lock the fund and scam the hell out of everyone

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
bitcoinbear

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:25:40 PM

I wonder what kind of announcement will come Saturday?

strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:27:43 PM

WTF??

Does anyone know what's going on?

(Not just SEC speculation)

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
aura.flux

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:29:51 PM

god all of you stop shitting your pants. websites go down everytime. why the duck do you ultimately think shutdown? man the fuck up... also MPOE cut the bullshit and fucking find a decent way to compete, loser
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:48:59 PM

god all of you stop shitting your pants. websites go down everytime. why the duck do you ultimately think shutdown?... also MPOE cut the bullshit and fucking find a decent way to compete, loser

Without any explanation? Also, please note that it says there will be an update on Saturday, not that the site will be back up. This isn't some minor server problem.

But I agree -- there is no reason to trust anything that MPOE-PR writes, and MPEX is a scam.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:54:48 PM

jasinlee

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 03:57:13 PM

RIP GLBSE, I hope you all sold off your assets and backed out when you had the chance.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
bremer-btc-user

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:22:41 PM

new notice on Homepage:

For those worried about their bitcoin, please calm yourselves there has been no hack and your coins are safe and all accounted for.

I apologize for the lack of notice and the downtime, but there isn't much choice. We will update our users on Saturday.

whatever this will mean...
jasinlee

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:23:41 PM

Is it considered hacking when the government takes your servers?

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 06:21:25 PM

So does MPEX. In fact I heard someone say that MPEX was a scam.

What can we learn from this?

Look, you're supposed to be a PR agent for MPOE. You're doing a really shitty job. You wanna talk conflict of interest? You're issuing malicious criminal libel against GLBSE. For god's sake. Don't you understand that this is business, and that there will be competitors? Stop making an ass of yourself... Honestly, yes, there are problems with GLBSE. No on denies that. But we really don't need the spokesman from MPOE doing nothing but trolling GLBSE.

Seriously, look at your last 20 posts. I'm willing to bet that no more than one or two of them had anything to do with MPOE and the other 18 were just comments against other people/exchanges not connected with MPOE. What the hell is wrong with you?  Don't you know you are destroying whatever is left of Mircea's rep?

Whoa, wait a second there.

"glbse seems to be having a bit of trouble lately" = "malicious criminal libel"? What's "criminal libel"? How's something criminal without being malicious? Are you from the future?

Ok GLBSE is totally down now..

https://glbse.com/

We will update our users on Saturday.

Huh

Oh for fuck sakes, I just transferred 200 bitcoins to GLBSE.... fuck me.

Is that malicious, criminal or just... you know.

god all of you stop shitting your pants. websites go down everytime. why the duck do you ultimately think shutdown? man the fuck up... also MPOE cut the bullshit and fucking find a decent way to compete, loser

Something like, bullshit threads nobody reads? Welcome to the forum, you're the first sockpuppet here.

god all of you stop shitting your pants. websites go down everytime. why the duck do you ultimately think shutdown?... also MPOE cut the bullshit and fucking find a decent way to compete, loser

Without any explanation? Also, please note that it says there will be an update on Saturday, not that the site will be back up. This isn't some minor server problem.

But I agree -- there is no reason to trust anything that MPOE-PR writes, and MPEX is a scam.

Got any backing for that stuff there?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: