Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:03:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE is offline We will update our users on Saturday.  (Read 51495 times)
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 12:19:14 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115669.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 04:37:04 AM

GLBSE has been closed

I'm sorry to inform all our users that GLBSE is no longer able to continue operating, and has now closed.

Q: What does this mean if I'm an issuer?

We will do everything in our power to make the process of moving off GLBSE as smooth as possible, we are currently working on a simple, safe, and easy to use method that will allow you to continue your relationship with your asset holders

Q:I'm a GLBSE user, what about my assets and my bitcoin?

You will be able to get back your bitcoin, and if you want to reveal your username, email, and a bitcoin address to accept payments with, you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.

We will begin retuning bitcoin once we have recieved all coins from the GLBSE treasurer that manages the GLBSE cash reserves. BitcoinGlobal (GLBSE's partent company) shareholders and board voted for them to be returned immediately, we are awaiting compliance with this order.

This is copied from the GLBSE.com

First question, who has put this up on the front page? Is it nefario or theymos?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 04:37:56 AM

Nefario, theymos has no control on the GLBSE website directly.
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 07:33:06 AM

looks like half of the bitcoin economy is heading down the toilet  Roll Eyes
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:36:56 AM

Bitcoin is ready to drop this piece of whit forum with everything it represents and move to completely new location.
Not only 90% of BTC "businesses" are total scam, this forum is owner(s) and its pompous moderators are scammers too. You can not expect anything good from a cesspool like this.
Fuck you all for lying to this community every fucking day and supporting scammers like Trendon Shavers, Nefario and obviously theymos, who wanted to dump his share of that shit on the community.

Theymos, do you have balls to tag yourself as a scammer? LOL!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:09:12 AM

Bitcoin is ready to drop this piece of whit forum with everything it represents and move to completely new location.

Same crap, different place?
Sorry, but this is the end of this funny internet money. Money means trust. Without trust has no value since you can't do anything with it.
For serious money there is already gold and silver. No need of strange inventions.
And now I am going to sell my VGAs and forget about this huge waste of time and money.
TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:21:24 AM

Not only 90% of BTC "businesses" are total scam, this forum is owner(s) and its pompous moderators are scammers too. You can not expect anything good from a cesspool like this.
Fuck you all for lying to this community every fucking day and supporting scammers like Trendon Shavers, Nefario and obviously theymos, who wanted to dump his share of that shit on the community.

I have a fledgeling forum stood up if a small number of you want to be my bitchesbeta testers.  As usual, my rule of "I don't owe anyone anything," applies, so no ads, donations, etc. unless I change my mind.  No free for alls and no bullshit, except of course I'll have to put a "trolling" flag on posts, now that I think about it.

PM me if you want to help build out the structure and content and help me prioritize functionality and defect resolution.  Cool kids only.

Just wait until you realize that no matter where you move the game, the scammers will always follow.  Sorry, but bitcoin is for scammers.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 09:26:25 AM

http://bensonsamuel.com/2012/10/05/reserve-bank-of-india-regulations-on-bitcoin-in-india/

For those who missed it.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:31:48 AM

its got nothing to do with this. No one is saying bitcoin itself is illegal in the US, EU, India or elsewhere.
But now go look up your local laws regarding securities.
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 12:08:52 PM

I was planning to get fully verified on glbse and launch an IPO... Pretty glad I didn't now.
Personally, more than I'm worried about my own funds on glbse (not a whole lot, about 35BTC) I'm worried about the implications for current asset issuers, who are likely as not violating federal securities law (if US based).

Does anyone have anything about the legal implications of doing a bitcoin IPO in the UK?
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 12:16:08 PM

Bitcoin's inherent attractiveness  has apparently attracted the worst kind of people ( ok, not all of you.....).
 and "moving Bitcoin"  is impossible because Bitcoin is the people that use it. 

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Lucidize

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 12:42:01 PM

You will be able to get back your bitcoin, and if you want to reveal your username, email, and a bitcoin address to accept payments with, you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.

Does this mean that btc will be returned at IPO price? I'm confused.
How will we have our Bitcoins returned that are tied up in assets?

k3t3r

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:27:02 PM

Does this mean that btc will be returned at IPO price? I'm confused.
How will we have our Bitcoins returned that are tied up in assets?

the Bitcoins that you had in your account will be returned. Bitcoins that were used to buy assets cannot be returned by GLBSE because they were traded for the asset,  the issuer of that asset has those bitcoins.

Hence
you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 04:35:59 PM

I was planning to get fully verified on glbse and launch an IPO... Pretty glad I didn't now.
Personally, more than I'm worried about my own funds on glbse (not a whole lot, about 35BTC) I'm worried about the implications for current asset issuers, who are likely as not violating federal securities law (if US based).

Does anyone have anything about the legal implications of doing a bitcoin IPO in the UK?

GLBSE is in the UK. I think that should answer your question. :-)

more or less retired.
stepkrav

Activity: 188

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 04:54:51 PM

the Bitcoins that you had in your account will be returned. Bitcoins that were used to buy assets cannot be returned by GLBSE because they were traded for the asset,  the issuer of that asset has those bitcoins.

That's if Nefario and/or Theymos give us back the bitcoins. If i judge how the whole story evolved until now, (there wasn't even a warning ) there is little chance to get our bitcoins back.  Angry
szuetam

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:44:20 PM

Now don't take this the wrong way, but I would seriously advice all of you to panic right about now.

In this situation my panic or not doesn't change pretty anything.

There is nothing I can do. Smiley gonna take some barbecue with friends.
freeAgent

Activity: 240

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:50:06 PM

GLBSE has been closed

I'm sorry to inform all our users that GLBSE is no longer able to continue operating, and has now closed.

Q: What does this mean if I'm an issuer?

We will do everything in our power to make the process of moving off GLBSE as smooth as possible, we are currently working on a simple, safe, and easy to use method that will allow you to continue your relationship with your asset holders

We will begin retuning bitcoin once we have recieved all coins from the GLBSE treasurer that manages the GLBSE cash reserves. BitcoinGlobal (GLBSE's partent company) shareholders and board voted for them to be returned immediately, we are awaiting compliance with this order.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:55:27 PM

Fucking liars.

I have had my demand in for over 8 days providing all the information this latest line of garbage is spewing for all of my assets to be paid out immediately.

Nefario and all the other criminals who own this exchange are now in debt to me, and I demand payment in full. You have been served notice publicly, and have all the records privately.

I hold every owner of GLBSE the holding company equally liable, being the first rat off the sinking ship with your words does not excuse this obligation.

pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 07:48:09 PM

Fucking liars.

I have had my demand in for over 8 days providing all the information this latest line of garbage is spewing for all of my assets to be paid out immediately.

Nefario and all the other criminals who own this exchange are now in debt to me, and I demand payment in full. You have been served notice publicly, and have all the records privately.

I hold every owner of GLBSE the holding company equally liable, being the first rat off the sinking ship with your words does not excuse this obligation.

There's a lot of talk about what legal entity forced the closure of GLBSE. But I'm willing to bet that it wasn't closed as the direct result of any investigation.

I'm willing to bet that after looking into all the legal trouble they might have to go through to get "legit," they instead said "fuck it."
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:17:00 AM

Fucking liars.

Aww look at Loup get all pissy about his monopoly shares on GLBSE getting held up.

Maybe next time you won't send your money/bitcoin to an unregulated stock exchange in which the owner doesn't know the meaning of the word "arbitrage".

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmPD_YSQ--k

We need more clowns like you. Please bring the whole troop so we can have another good laugh after laugh.

Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: