Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:03:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE is offline We will update our users on Saturday.  (Read 51495 times)
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 09:50:46 PM

James promised...

That's the fundamental problem right there... his promises are worth shit, his word is worth less than shit. He is conducting the demise of GLBSE exactly like he conducted the operations of both 1.0 and 2.0... and unmitigated fuck-up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atengzt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 04:33:51 AM

things are going better.

received this email :
Your GLBSE account has been partially processed. 90% of your funds have been
returned to you with this payment. Once we recieve the remaining funds from our
treasurer and secretary the final payment will be made and you will be informed. We
will also inform you when we process your assets, allowing you to continue your
relationship with your issuer.

and 90% of my coins.
I still got nothing , no email, no coins.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 07:54:35 AM

James promised...

That's the fundamental problem right there... his promises are worth shit, his word is worth less than shit. He is conducting the demise of GLBSE exactly like he conducted the operations of both 1.0 and 2.0... and unmitigated fuck-up.

More like Peter Lambert Sad

http://www.dgcmagazine.com/the-old-radical-how-bitcoin-is-being-destroyed  related blog post.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 04:55:07 PM

Peter will be First Officer on the rowboat across the River Styx, intersango and zhou are galley slaves rowing with nefario and pirate as co-Captains. I'm planning on blowing the bitch up mid-river.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 05:00:10 PM

Peter will be First Officer on the rowboat across the River Styx, intersango and zhou are galley slaves rowing with nefario and pirate as co-Captains. I'm planning on blowing the bitch up mid-river.

I am not sure how Peter ended up so high on the list, he only ever had a couple hundred bitcoins at most.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:46:49 PM

Well, in my version of the slaves rowing to Hell Navy, first officer is a love slave for the captain, so the promotion is not all that desirable. And Peter was one of those sneaky early adopters of the scumbag philosophy, who maintained his aggressive marketing strategy to rape investors even after the bottom fell out of his scam.

I will be posting some new data on Mr. Lambert shortly for those of you who love good tales of bad people getting their comeuppance. Karma is a real bitch when she steals your car, humps your best friend on film, and then asks for alimony.
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:18:41 PM

Wow, the "good stuff"

Understand this: Bitcoin is a new thing – it is  not compatible with the old financial system.

Bitcoin and state banking systems are born enemies: only one can survive. If you are imagining that they can peacefully coexist, you are fooling yourself.

Bitcoin exposes the fraud that is state banking. If you think that politicians and bankers will calmly allow it to take over a significant percentage of world financial flows, you’re in denial. States will come after Bitcoin, and hard. They have no choice. Their money can only exist if there are no competitors.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 11:43:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzI3Fwke6PE  lol "Count Nefaria"

gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:40:38 PM

looks like I might have gotten rounded to zero.

Of course, no email either.  Roll Eyes

i can understand that - my holdings (about 100 bitcoin) are really close to zero also. 100 = 0, dont you see it, ppl?

GIVE US OUR STUFF BACK, GODDAMN!
bixcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 01:00:21 AM

i can understand that - my holdings (about 100 bitcoin) are really close to zero also. 100 = 0, dont you see it, ppl?

wow, I thought I was the only one that has a significant amount there and has not heard a thing yet.

I had about 260BC in my Balance at GLBSE. No email, no coins and not in the Issuers list where I should have been.

Who else is there?
gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 02:34:46 AM

no, you are'nt.

Sad
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 02:02:31 PM

I don't think this kind of "HAHA I STOLE YOUR COINS AND BLAMED THE GOVERNMENT FOR IT" stuff is going to stop until someone gets the shit beat out of them.
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 03:20:59 PM

until someone gets the shit beat out of them.
I have read bitcointalk enough to see where this is going.
Not another assassination fund please!
On the other hand, someone should do some good Godfather-like reasoning with Nefario and some share-issuers to make a fair deal Smiley
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:30:23 PM

I don't think this kind of "HAHA I STOLE YOUR COINS AND BLAMED THE GOVERNMENT FOR IT" stuff is going to stop until someone gets the shit beat out of them.

How would that help? The people who have not been assaulted will still try to rip you off, and the one who you assaulted already ripped you off, they wouldn't be doing it a second time anyway.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 10:50:45 PM

How would that help? The people who have not been assaulted will still try to rip you off, and the one who you assaulted already ripped you off, they wouldn't be doing it a second time anyway.

Pretty good points.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:12:52 PM

Not that I advocate vigilante violence but there is a reason why Bitcoiners gets robbed more often then say a Mexican Drug Cartel.  Psst it has nothing to do with drugs.

Simple version is Bitcoin is a target rich environment.  You have the scammers fantasy of
a) people with money (or value).
b) people who are amazingly dimwitted (lets hand a guy named "Pirate" $5M in irreversible currency in a "super secret" business plan which exactly resembles but obviously for super secret reasons isn't a ponzi).
c) people who will do absolutely nothing when robbed.

To pull off a scam you have to have mark (see point b above), who has something worth stealing (see point a above), and you have to get away with it (see point c above).   The scammer trifecta.  Bitcoin will continue to attract bolder and bolder scammers, conmen, ponzi operators, and hucksters until a, b, or c are no longer true (or less true).
bixcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:55:31 AM

Not that I advocate vigilante violence but there is a reason why Bitcoiners gets robbed more often then say a Mexican Drug Cartel.  Psst it has nothing to do with drugs.

Simple version is Bitcoin is a target rich environment.  You have the scammers fantasy of
a) people with money (or value).
b) people who are amazingly dimwitted (lets hand a guy named "Pirate" $5M in irreversible currency in a "super secret" business plan which exactly resembles but obviously for super secret reasons isn't a ponzi).

To pull off a scam you have to have mark (see point b above), who has something worth stealing (see point a above), and you have to get away with it (see point c above).   The scammer trifecta.  Bitcoin will continue to attract bolder and bolder scammers, conmen, ponzi operators, and hucksters until a, b, or c are no longer true (or less true).

nailed it!
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:59:15 AM

Actually it's pretty easy to satisfy c). Either go to the police and drag the guy in front of court (assumes you do at least know the real world identity), or sell your debt to a debt collector - they can be pretty annoying. Did anyone actually try that?

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 02:25:10 AM

Ah. It does turn out that I'd been paid my whopping half a bitcoin or so some time ago. Forgive me for not really being concerned about anything other than the assets - which were worth at least a couple of bitcoins Wink

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:15:49 AM

Actually it's pretty easy to satisfy c). Either go to the police and drag the guy in front of court (assumes you do at least know the real world identity), or sell your debt to a debt collector - they can be pretty annoying. Did anyone actually try that?

You seem to have a very peculiar notion of how exactly debt collectors work. How's this "sell them your debt", do you go to the Debts R Us Outlet which is right next to the pawnshop and "sell the debt"?

Debt buying/selling is b2b not retail.

@D&T My money's on b vanishing.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: