Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:59:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE is offline We will update our users on Saturday.  (Read 51495 times)
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:23:44 PM

Actually it's pretty easy to satisfy c). Either go to the police and drag the guy in front of court (assumes you do at least know the real world identity), or sell your debt to a debt collector - they can be pretty annoying. Did anyone actually try that?

You seem to have a very peculiar notion of how exactly debt collectors work. How's this "sell them your debt", do you go to the Debts R Us Outlet which is right next to the pawnshop and "sell the debt"?

Debt buying/selling is b2b not retail.
Depends on the amount of the debt. You can always get a quote. The problem is this way you forfeit the majority of your money.Thus for most people this is not a reasonable option.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 02:41:49 PM

To pull off a scam you have to have mark (see point b above), who has something worth stealing (see point a above), and you have to get away with it (see point c above).   The scammer trifecta.  Bitcoin will continue to attract bolder and bolder scammers, conmen, ponzi operators, and hucksters until a, b, or c are no longer true (or less true).

Are you suggesting that investors who used GLBSE were dimwitted, or is the topic moving faster than I can follow?

I agree to your point though. Since there will always be marks who has something worth stealing, (c) needs to change. There is very little deterrence as it stands.

Have the shareholders who are siding with Nefario been exposed yet? Do we know their rationale? Do we know why the "contingency plan" failed, or had been designed so badly in the first place?
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 06:48:38 PM

To pull off a scam you have to have mark (see point b above), who has something worth stealing (see point a above), and you have to get away with it (see point c above).   The scammer trifecta.  Bitcoin will continue to attract bolder and bolder scammers, conmen, ponzi operators, and hucksters until a, b, or c are no longer true (or less true).

Are you suggesting that investors who used GLBSE were dimwitted, or is the topic moving faster than I can follow?

I agree to your point though. Since there will always be marks who has something worth stealing, (c) needs to change. There is very little deterrence as it stands.

Have the shareholders who are siding with Nefario been exposed yet? Do we know their rationale? Do we know why the "contingency plan" failed, or had been designed so badly in the first place?

Parasitism must be established before communalism evolves.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:25:30 PM

I don't think this kind of "HAHA I STOLE YOUR COINS AND BLAMED THE GOVERNMENT FOR IT" stuff is going to stop until someone gets the shit beat out of them.

+21000000
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:32:47 PM

Depends on the amount of the debt. You can always get a quote. The problem is this way you forfeit the majority of your money.Thus for most people this is not a reasonable option.

The problem is that you need to be able to provide proof of the debt which would stand up in court.  Debt collectors don't just take your word for it that someone owes you money.  Their biggest bargaining chip is threatening to take people to court if payment is not received.  They can't even continue to ask people for payment if they can't provide proof of the debt to the creditor on demand.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 10:00:27 PM

The problem is that you need to be able to provide proof of the debt which would stand up in court.  Debt collectors don't just take your word for it that someone owes you money.  Their biggest bargaining chip is threatening to take people to court if payment is not received.  They can't even continue to ask people for payment if they can't provide proof of the debt to the creditor on demand.
exactly. It all comes back to solid proof of contract. In the case of Nefario, there is plenty of evidence though. In the event of a lawsuit, he would have to surrender any information about the online activity of the website to local authorities. If he can't do that the case may escalate towards fraud. There is no excuse for "oops, my data vanished".

"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:06:10 AM

Two months later and I still have not received a list of shareholders  Angry

You are not paying out significant dividend, as your mining equipment has not arrived yet. Nefario does not need to steal your share. That's why you have not get your list.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:11:35 AM

Two months later and I still have not received a list of shareholders  Angry

nefario will probably only give the list to the larger asset issuers who would be more likely to afford lawyers to come after him.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:52:18 AM

nefario will probably only give the list to the larger asset issuers who would be more likely to afford lawyers to come after him.

No, he will give a partial list to the assets who pay significant dividend, where are he can mix into his own made up identity to steal the shares. As the list is not complete, so logically that the asset issuers and holders cannot find any solid evidence for his stealing. And he did not give the csv trading history file, so you everyone is questioning in mind or publicly against each others' honesty, forgetting about who caused the chaos intentionally.

bixcoin

Activity: 168

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:12:31 PM

No, he will give a partial list to the assets who pay significant dividend, where are he can mix into his own made up identity to steal the shares. As the list is not complete, so logically that the asset issuers and holders cannot find any solid evidence for his stealing. And he did not give the csv trading history file, so you everyone is questioning in mind or publicly against each others' honesty, forgetting about who caused the chaos intentionally.

Exactly what I think is going on. As time goes by, chances to get anything back from Nefario are getting closer to 0. He is spending our money for making a living and has probably already contracted good lawyers with it, too.
I have already tried to gather people to take legal action, but you all preferred waiting for the wallet inspector to give your wallet back then.
I would still go for it, if we can gather at least 10 victims with at least 1000BC altogether to pay for a good lawyer to at least see this guy behind bars. It can all be done with escrow and everything secure. It all depends if you guys really actually want to do something more than giva a ridiculous scammer tag for someone who is actually f..king you big time.
I throw in the first 100BC.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:56:40 PM

Exactly what I think is going on. As time goes by, chances to get anything back from Nefario are getting closer to 0. He is spending our money for making a living and has probably already contracted good lawyers with it, too.
I have already tried to gather people to take legal action, but you all preferred waiting for the wallet inspector to give your wallet back then.
I would still go for it, if we can gather at least 10 victims with at least 1000BC altogether to pay for a good lawyer to at least see this guy behind bars. It can all be done with escrow and everything secure. It all depends if you guys really actually want to do something more than giva a ridiculous scammer tag for someone who is actually f..king you big time.
I throw in the first 100BC.

bixcoin, as you already stand out, why not tell your situation. let other victims know more about Nefario's scamming strategy and nefarious personality.  Your English is much better than me.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:11:41 PM

I guess the obstacle for us to unite and take serious legal action against Nefario, is that some users feel or actually know that Nefario will take revenge. At least I have known 2 users are excluded from the shareholder list without reasons. And maybe you think your being nice and hold good faith will help you get back your wealth.  However, if you have get your money and asset so far, I guess the hope is already very little, if you continue being nice with Nefario. After all, he did not even go to forum to see your sweetness, and your "patience" is invisible, Nefario will not appreciate your patience.

Let me remind you some fact again:

1) Nefario has been in short of cash for a very long time. His financial stress was confirmed by one of his friends on facebook, who is the new partner of Nefario.

2) In the way Nefario give back the asset info, there is no way for the users to prove and verify the number. Nefario forced you to trust him.

3) Nefario has no rights to keep the trading history, but he kept and refuse to give it back.  All your uncertainty in claiming process are mostly come from this.

4)If Nefario has put some sock puppet GLBSE account into the shareholder list, no one can find out and prove that. He will never give the other part of the list. If he is not intended to do this, any explanation for rejecting give the trading history is not fully plausible.

The victims, please unite, and let's act together. For the long term goodness of bitcoin economy. If Nefario still refuse to return the bitcoin and the full trading history, let's just make Nefario the first bitcoin scammer who get sentenced to jail. And other people are working on Pirate40, maybe these two brothers can compete with each other.

I think the only hope for people to get back anything, is to be prepared for getting nothing back, if you're not already the lucky ones.

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:23:30 PM

It's likely I will consult with a lawyer before the end of this year. I know a guy who tends to be on top of things.

However, I'd also support the idea of pooling money for legal action. How do you propose to do this?
1) We need to find a lawyer who has a good understanding of the matter and who is preferably located in the same jurisdiction as Nefario (UK)
2) We need to create a trust fund to pay any legal costs
3) Need to organize and gather information from the victims. That means that we need a spokesmen.

There seems to be an isolated attempt from gigamining, and it seems to be directed towards shareholders, not Nefario:
http://gigamining.com/claims.html

bixcoin

Activity: 168

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:56:35 PM

It's likely I will consult with a lawyer before the end of this year. I know a guy who tends to be on top of things.

However, I'd also support the idea of pooling money for legal action. How do you propose to do this?
1) We need to find a lawyer who has a good understanding of the matter and who is preferably located in the same jurisdiction as Nefario (UK)
2) We need to create a trust fund to pay any legal costs
3) Need to organize and gather information from the victims. That means that we need a spokesmen.

There seems to be an isolated attempt from gigamining, and it seems to be directed towards shareholders, not Nefario:
http://gigamining.com/claims.html

You are right here, but I think we need to gather people who are willed to join first. Than we talk out the details.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 06:52:20 PM

MatthewH3 seems to be friends with Nefario IRL.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=44583

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117009.0

Maybe he can give us an update.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:04:17 PM

If he's not suggesting it I'm saying it. And have been saying it.

Those who balk at 30 BTC and safety in order to "be investors" on cardboard imitations of exchanges are about as stupid as those who won't pay a hundred dollars for leather shoes because the Chinese cardboard stuff is only $3. Lasts 'till the first rain.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 10:16:30 PM

I just received my asset holders list like five minutes ago.

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:18:32 PM

If he's not suggesting it I'm saying it. And have been saying it.

Those who balk at 30 BTC and safety in order to "be investors" on cardboard imitations of exchanges are about as stupid as those who won't pay a hundred dollars for leather shoes because the Chinese cardboard stuff is only $3. Lasts 'till the first rain.
What she is trying to say is:
Basically, you guys are like soooo stupid, I cannot believe you idiots bought into that cheap nothing exchange. But if you were smarter you would instead come to my exchange so you can be less retarded. Mkay MPEX Ftw the most not retarded waste of money ever! Come to mpex where you get the satisfaction of paying a bunch of money up front, to the person who just called you stupid  Wink

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:57:47 PM

I just received my asset holders list like five minutes ago.

So did NASTYmining, seems Nefario has been busy. Maybe he is snowed in and has got nothing else to do :-)
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 12:25:12 AM

I also got my first round of share info for PIMP.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: