Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:26:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: here's just how screwed ASIC buyers are - READ THIS if you have a preorder  (Read 23311 times)
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:05:20 PM

I have a low IQ and after reading this, I am scared now.
I fall into a scam by buying BFL asics and also buying bASIC equipment.
Will I loose my money in the near future?
Or will I aggressively adding more units to mine mining operations?
Only time will tell.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:07:01 PM

Only time will tell.

If you have low order #ids, and have 50% of orders in both companies, my speculation is that you will not lose more than 50% of your investment, with the opportunity of earning more than you invested.

A low IQ means nothing.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 04:17:39 PM

Here is a quick little representation of the mining income upon ASIC release.

The only assumptions are 2 BFL SC singles and a linear rate of difficulty adjustment per day. Not completely realistic but close.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 04:55:28 PM

Only time will tell.

If you have low order #ids, and have 50% of orders in both companies, my speculation is that you will not lose more than 50% of your investment, with the opportunity of earning more than you invested.

A low IQ means nothing.

Yep, it's low EQ you have to watch out for on these boards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 12:36:12 AM

OP there is a low probability that the price will stay at or below $12.80 for very long. If the price goes up the time it takes to pay off the cost of BFL hardware will go down.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:33:46 AM

OP there is a low probability that the price will stay at or below $12.80 for very long. If the price goes up the time it takes to pay off the cost of BFL hardware will go down.

What is there to drive the price up? At the moment it feels like we have been fluctuating at ~ 11.6usd/btc for awhile now...
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:23:54 AM

What is there to drive the price up? At the moment it feels like we have been fluctuating at ~ 11.6usd/btc for awhile now...

You forget that there is 1.5 Quadrillion Dollars floating around the planet in different forms.

Not much needs to go into bitcoin to push the price up to $15, $20, $50, $100.

DO the math.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 07:59:37 AM

You forget that there is 1.5 Quadrillion Dollars floating around the planet in different forms.

Not much needs to go into bitcoin to push the price up to $15, $20, $50, $100.

DO the math.

yep..

and we could use some trendsetter kind of famus company to adopt BTC and take it to another level so that more retailers and online webshops will adopt/accept BTC ( or some colombians tired moving cases of cash across boarder)  and after halving day less BTC will be pumpt in the economie and if the demand get bigger that also could make some price rise..we will see..i think the price will stay around 11,- untill some big changes in BTC accured like halving day and the yes or no of ASIC release.. Tongue

COINDER
COINDER
mpradeep

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:11:35 AM

To all those people who think they get more BTC in the first few days-weeks.....

What will happen if the ASIC manufactures blow up the difficulty before they start shipping? they got there money anyways.... Who ever gets them late thinks they are not the first inline....

Whos gonna benefit...

i think i keep away from all this mining and just trade BTC's. its more profitable that way

scrybe

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:19:34 AM

To all those people who think they get more BTC in the first few days-weeks.....

What will happen if the ASIC manufactures blow up the difficulty before they start shipping? they got there money anyways.... Who ever gets them late thinks they are not the first inline....

Whos gonna benefit...

i think i keep away from all this mining and just trade BTC's. its more profitable that way

who hit rewind...

BFL, CablePair, Avalon have all publicly stated they will use testnet in a box.

ASICMINER is the only one I worry about, because it is their intent to mine with them first, and they have stated so all along. It sounds like they might be 2-4 weeks behind BFL though, and Tom is shipping in November/December as well, so the race is on...

BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 07:45:26 AM

Whos gonna benefit...

who hit rewind...

ASICMINER is the only one I worry about, because it is their intent to mine with them first, and they have stated so all along. It sounds like they might be 2-4 weeks behind BFL though, and Tom is shipping in November/December as well, so the race is on...

what is he shipping it,s 23-10-2012 no signs of any WORKING ASIC yet everyone keeps pointing delivery dates as soon as november/december Huh Huh i just don,t understand how this could be possible...tell me if i missed the actual working device with the custom chip..that will get shipped next week or three from now Huh Huh

COINDER
COINDER
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:08:10 AM

Whos gonna benefit...

who hit rewind...

Sure I believe them. Especially BFL. Come on, don't be naive. What stops any manufacturer from mining for themselves and ignore it is them?
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:36:37 PM

Whos gonna benefit...

who hit rewind...

Sure I believe them. Especially BFL. Come on, don't be naive. What stops any manufacturer from mining for themselves and ignore it is them?

they're in it for selling the hardware, so why should they mine...
scrybe

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 01:23:11 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2012, 01:45:45 PM by scrybe

Whos gonna benefit...

who hit rewind...

In spite of your (repeated) unwillingness to accept it, folks tend to have this thing called a "business model." In the case of BFL this business model is to sell hardware to all us crazy people who want to buy it. THIS is what they got investment capital on, not the power of Bitcoin, and their investors will (righteously) be pissed off if they find out BFL was using their own product (bad in the drug trade, bad in business) rather than selling it to their customers.

Mining with the equipment they want to sell would directly devalue said equipment as the potential profit falls and the next generation of hardware would have to be cheaper. Right now BFL can keep raising the (overall product) price with each generation, they don;t want to do anything to prevent that, including mining themselves.

You don't see Husqvana opening up a lumber mill, same principle here.

bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 01:39:41 PM

In spite of your (repeated) unwillingness to accept it, folks tend to have this thing called a "business model." In the case of BFL this business model is to sell hardware to all us crazy people who want to buy it. THIS is wht they got inventment capital on, not the power of bitcoin, and their investors will (richeously) be pissed off if they find out BFL was using their own product (bad in the drug trade, bad in business) rather than selling it to their customers.

Nicely said. +1

And bitcoin community, fickle as it is, it will negatively react to any attempts by the hardware producers to mine first, sell later. That doesn't bode well for their future business if any of them tries that.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 02:03:22 PM

In spite of your (repeated) unwillingness to accept it, folks tend to have this thing called a "business model." In the case of BFL this business model is to sell hardware to all us crazy people who want to buy it. THIS is what they got investment capital on, not the power of Bitcoin, and their investors will (righteously) be pissed off if they find out BFL was using their own product (bad in the drug trade, bad in business) rather than selling it to their customers.

Mining with the equipment they want to sell would directly devalue said equipment as the potential profit falls and the next generation of hardware would have to be cheaper. Right now BFL can keep raising the (overall product) price with each generation, they don;t want to do anything to prevent that, including mining themselves.

Quite right. The object is to keep your customers happy and coming back when you release product updates (or new products altogether). For BFL to use their own product would completely alienate the bitcoin community, effectively signing their own letter of insolvency as we all switch to using products from their competitors.

deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 02:11:10 PM

Just wondering. Hypothetically, an ASIC manufacturer could mine with prototypes themselves (or have it done by an accomplice) and blame the increase in difficulty on another manufacturer.
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 02:21:36 PM

Just wondering. Hypothetically, an ASIC manufacturer could mine with prototypes themselves (or have it done by an accomplice) and blame the increase in difficulty on another manufacturer.

Ha, good point. bASIC goes all out with mining and we all blame it on BFL  ..and then out of anger for BFL we start preordering from the competition  Grin

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 02:45:17 PM

who hit rewind...

That's just a waste of money. They should mine real BTC during the burn in but put them in a paper wallet they include in the box.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 03:00:47 PM

who hit rewind...

That's just a waste of money. They should mine real BTC during the burn in but put them in a paper wallet they include in the box.

Far from it. The point is to isolate mining with the prototype devices to prevent network disruptions (in total hash rate, difficulty, and profitability). If it was discovered the any of the companies were profiting on their own product, it wouldn't make the community very happy, including their investors. It's a terrible business model.

The same applies to the drug trade...don't use your own product Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: