Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:10:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Gavin is so desperate about his fork? Is he hiding something?  (Read 18477 times)
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:00:26 AM

The fact is, you created a account to hide behind, so that you can talk smack to other members, without having the risk of tainting your reputation on your main account.

A signature campaign would be a problem for you, because it place a limit on how much posts you can make per day, before you get banned for Sig spamming.

The disposable account you have now, is a throwaway and is ideal to talk smack to other members and also to spam as many threads as you want.

What I am saying is... Have a civil debate with your real account, and we would take you seriously.

We all have a opinion on this matter, but we choose to have a civil discussion, without attacking people and calling them names.

Let's just keep this civil and professional, because it's a important subject and it needs serious debate.

See this is the problem why calling names is justified.

Thats not fact, thats your opinion. If you cant distinguish the two you lost ground for a debate. If it bothers you so much, you can PM your fav mods to confirm.

It sounds more like someone speaks from their own experience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:22:58 PM

If they succeed in taking over Bitcoin, they will rule it. Many of the current devs have stated they will likely stop contributing to the code.

Right.  What will they do then?  Go work at Visa?  Look, no matter what happens, they will still be crypto guys and they will still be working on something.  New guys are going to come work on the core.  Let them go.  Many of them, like Luke Jr. are dicks anyway. 
Honestly, I'm not that afraid of core devs leaving (despite that probably no one has as much expertise in Bitcoin as they do). I'm not happy about Gavin and Mike becoming the new devs. New people may come, but it doesn't mean they will be allowed into the team.

I know, it's mostly FUD and my personal fears. Lips sealed
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 03:26:37 PM

10% of all nodes are already XT - time for the core devs to change their view.

RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:35:37 PM

Don't forget to subtract my 2 fake XT nodes from your data Grin
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:49:59 PM

I don't think 10% is enough. When we start approaching 35%-40%, I think everybody will start sweating and this is where real decisions will start to be made. At least everybody are counting on this happening, me too to be honest. I see this as a last resort.

10% is just a bluff for everybody out there. 
meono

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:53:04 PM

I don't think 10% is enough. When we start approaching 35%-40%, I think everybody will start sweating and this is where real decisions will start to be made. At least everybody are counting on this happening, me too to be honest. I see this as a last resort.

10% is just a bluff for everybody out there. 

The sooner it happens the better. The fork is inevitable no matter what the naysayers trying to cause more drama.

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:54:32 PM

The NEW BTC means new data base and control over your BTC.
There is a control even now but the new BTC will be more centralized. I am expecting a lot of "know nothing" people to say that BTC is decentralized.. I don't care. I am just having fun about this debate. Smiley

You do not ever wonder who are the guys who develop the BTC core. All of them are coming from the e-currency businesses. They are not saints at all. All of them wants money. They are not dreamers like many of you.... Smiley

BTC was created to make money for a bunch of people. "Satoshi" is a fictional person which represent a group of people who are coming from the e-currency industry(e-gold, Osgold and so on).

They created a nice story which was "eated" by the hungry hipsters and done... here we are Smiley

The fact that Gavin wants to created another BTC (ALTCOIN) to have MORE control over it, it's normal (it seems there is a  "girls-fight" between the BTC "core owners" nowadays:)  ) . The people are greedy and wants more and more...

You didn't ever ask yourself, what are the relations between the main developers, exchangers and merchants. Who is behind the curtain?. Smiley

Just make a simple search regarding to the main exchangers like CoinBase, Bitstamp, BTC China, Ripple.
 SatoshiDICE (owns more than 50% from the existing BTC Smiley )   and many others. You will find the SAME people as shareholders.
meono

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:55:57 PM

There is a control even now but the new BTC will be more centralized. I am expecting a lot of "know nothing" people to say that BTC is decentralized.. I don't care. I am just having fun about this debate. Smiley

You do not ever wonder who are the guys who develop the BTC core. All of them are coming from the e-currency businesses. They are not saints at all. All of them wants money. They are not dreamers like many of you.... Smiley

BTC was created to make money for a bunch of people. "Satoshi" is a fictional person which represent a group of people who are coming from the e-currency industry(e-gold, Osgold and so on).

They created a nice story which was "eated" by the hungry hipsters and done... here we are Smiley

The fact that Gavin wants to created another BTC (ALTCOIN) to have MORE control over it, it's normal (it seems there is a  "girls-fight" between the BTC "core owners" nowadays:)  ) . The people are greedy and wants more and more...

You didn't ever ask yourself, what are the relations between the main developers, exchangers and merchants. Who is behind the curtain?. Smiley

Just make a simple search regarding to the main exchangers like CoinBase, Bitstamp, BTC China, Ripple.
 SatoshiDICE (owns more than 50% from the existing BTC Smiley )   and many others. You will find the SAME people as shareholders.

Vow to the master of troll and conspiracy.

Where are the XTbashers now? take note pls
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:01:00 PM

Vow to the master of troll and conspiracy.

Where are the XTbashers now? take note pls

I said that I don't care about what you say,meono (MEMO)  LOL.  

Yes, I am troll for you becuase you have horse glasses or you have an interest in this shit called BTC (maybe a HYIP, maybe an exchanger..) . I don't know.

You must be very stupid or very ignorant to call someone troll without arguments. You don't even know who these people are but you keep say a lot of  "bla bla bla"

Make your homework(search, make connections between these guys and you will see that I am right), dude Memo Smiley

For me....it's only fun. Smiley

Keep dreaming that Gaving & Co are volunteers and they want you rich Smiley)
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:49:37 PM

One thing that I take a great deal of comfort from from this XT nonsense; almost none of the so-called supporters are credible members of the forum, most come across as the usual sock puppets. I suspect that very low numbers of real people actually support GavinMikeCoin.

This. I've never seen a reputable member who switched their node from Core to XT. Still XT-lovers brag about their mining power.

LOL because reputable members are long gone from this forum (such as Eric Evoorhees who speak loudly against Thermos' action btw). And most of the rest are sold accounts.

Gotta laugh at the "reputable member" tho,

Bitcoin has gone from merits of idea to authority figure. If you like politics, bitcoin is the worst option

I second this.

It would be time to abandon bitcointalk.org.

I rarely check in, and this place became a shithole, even worse than it was.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:56:35 AM

With this bitcoin price crash we can see that this fork was not so innocent. Is clear now that someone want to destroy bitcoin and this BitcoinXT nonsense fork was the first step. The next days maybe weeks we will see more price crashes and the MTGox crisis we be like a heaven walk from what will happen to bitcoin from this BitcoinXT movement.
This persons Gavin and Hearn or is stupids or is something else. There is no other explanation.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:17:49 AM

Gavin himself said Satoshi never spoke to him again after mentioning the CIA, but Satoshi's last message was to put Gavin in charge. It doesn't add up.

No it doesn't but it's all stuff that comes from Gavins' mouth. We have no evidence for nothing of that, do we?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 01:40:48 AM

10% of all nodes are already XT or NotXT - time for the core devs to enjoy the lulz

I fixed your post to reflect the fact XT nodes are indistinguishable from NotXT node decoys (until it's too late for the Gavinistas to avoid the deadly trap we have set for them).

Ever looked up where the term 'stool pigeon' came from?   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:42:13 AM

wake up btcoinXT supporters. This is the first serious attack to bitocin ecosystem from financial system

Bitcoin XT contains an unmentioned addition which periodically downloads
lists of Tor IP addresses for blacklisting, this has considerable privacy
implications for hapless users which are being prompted to use the
software. The feature is not clearly described, is enabled by default,
and has a switch name which intentionally downplays what it is doing
(disableipprio). Furthermore these claimed anti-DoS measures are
trivially bypassed and so offer absolutely no protection whatsoever.

Connections are made over clearnet even when using a proxy or
onlynet=tor, which leaks connections on the P2P network with the real
location of the node. Knowledge of this traffic along with uptime metrics
from bitnodes.io can allow observers to easily correlate the location and
identity of persons running Bitcoin nodes. Denial of service can also be
used to crash and force a restart of an interesting node, which will
cause them to make a new request to the blacklist endpoint via the
clearnet on relaunch at the same time their P2P connections are made
through a proxy. Requests to the blacklisting URL also use a custom
Bitcoin XT user agent which makes users distinct from other internet
traffic if you have access to the endpoints logs.

http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010379.html

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:02:52 AM

Gavin himself said Satoshi never spoke to him again after mentioning the CIA, but Satoshi's last message was to put Gavin in charge. It doesn't add up.

No it doesn't but it's all stuff that comes from Gavins' mouth. We have no evidence for nothing of that, do we?

very true, dude ! Smiley

you can invent a similar story. you can even say " I am Satoshi", when we know that "Satoshi" is a fictive person which represent a group of "smart asses" derived from the e-currency biz.
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:02:59 AM

XT must prevail or Bitcoin will die.  It is that simple.  

The Blockchain Technology Cat is out of the bag.  Blockchain technology is the financial industry darling.  Billions of Dollars are being invested.  They've seen the beauty of blockchain and it is here to stay.  They want the ledger control.  And they will get it.  It was written into the plan and the stars from the beginning and anyone who thinks differently is naive.  It was PLANNED all along.  "Satoshi" set it up.  Do you think it is an accident that the renegade badboy image of Bitcoin came about by accident?  No, it was introduced through the channels it was intentionally.  The techies ate it up, and the criminal element embraced it.  And through them the beauty of it found a showcase which others eventually noticed.   It was simply a way to get it accepted by the masses, and get the attention of the Fiat guys.

But these Fiat guys want the Ledger control, and they want to expand capabilities, and that will require bigger blocks.  They will NOT let go of what they have found.

NOW - the path of least resistance is to keep Bitcoin.  It already has acceptance.  It has a broad dispersion throughout the global public.   It has a decent infrastructure buildout.  The odds are that Bitcoin gets through the XT hurdle and becomes the standard - AND THE FIAT GOVERNORS WILL CONTROL THE LEDGERS.

OR.... XT will fail through bickering.  In which case the Fiat guys will pick a new "Fiat Bitcoin" to run their Blockhain Ledger, and bitcoin will slowly die as they use all their tools to force everyone into what they create and replace Bitcoin with - AND THE FIAT GOVERNORS WILL CONTROL THE LEDGERS.

Either way they will win.  One way they win bigger.  

Bitcoin will in the end prevail with an XT patch I believe.  And that will be in a way a win for the people.  But make no mistake - nothing will stop "THEM" from controlling the Ledger eventually.  And it was planned that way from the start.

Satoshi isn't who/what you think.

Peace, -d
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:04:29 AM

There is nothing for him to hide, just that there is a need for the fork.
chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:05:08 AM

I think Satoshi is waht we think he is Smiley. Gavin was not what we think he is.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:11:18 AM

Was the "let's put Gavin in charge" msg signed with Satoshi's key?  Or did Satoshi actually disappear get disappeared before it was written, so that msg could be plausibly confirmed by his subsequent absence?

If we're going to declare Satohi's latest post to the list as fake until proven otherwise, let's do the same for his "Gavin is in charge" decision.

If it's not signed, agnostic is the proper trust level.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
AGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:05:04 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 05:22:45 AM by AGD

Was the "let's put Gavin in charge" msg signed with Satoshi's key?  Or did Satoshi actually disappear get disappeared before it was written, so that msg could be plausibly confirmed by his subsequent absence?

If we're going to declare Satohi's latest post to the list as fake until proven otherwise, let's do the same for his "Gavin is in charge" decision.

If it's not signed, agnostic is the proper trust level.

Interesting point. It would be fitting to an old conspiracy theory of mine. At the time, when Gavin was invited to the CIA, they could have found Satoshi with the help of the NSA program and made him an offer about his "Bitcoins", which he rejected. They killed him and then comes the part with the "Gavin is in charge" message to put their future puppet in command. Later they found out, that Satoshi has a huge amount of Bitcoins and they didn't extract the private key out of SN. Thats why SN's Bitcoins has never moved.
Gavin was flipped to take control over the Bitcoin protocoll and now is the time for the final battle.

... but it was one hell of a ride.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: