Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investigations Into Planned Parenthood Are Falling Totally Flat  (Read 948 times)
godlyitems (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:18:49 AM

Well, yeah. What we're looking at is just another full face plant  for the faux outrage generated by and for the ignorant and unwashed in their continual war on women:

Following the release of several inflammatory videos that suggest Planned Parenthood is improperly profiting from the sale of “aborted baby parts,” GOP lawmakers have been quick to condemn the national women’s health organization. However, their current strategies to attack Planned Parenthood are falling short.

Planned Parenthood officials say they’re simply helping their patients donate fetal tissue samples, which can help scientists develop new treatments for serious diseases. Anti-abortion activists, meanwhile, say the misleading videos released by the right-wing group Center for Medical Progress prove the organization is acting immorally.

In response, several state officials have launched investigations into their local Planned Parenthood affiliates, looking for proof that the group is breaking the law.

But so far, they’ve come up completely empty.

Officials in states including Georgia, Indiana, Massachusetts, and South Dakota have not been able to turn up any evidence that Planned Parenthood clinics are violating state laws and regulations regarding the collection of fetal tissue donations. Records obtained from other states, like Kansas, reveal that some Planned Parenthood clinics don’t even give their patients the option to donate this tissue.

Georgia was quick to jump all over this (we have serious Republicans in charge) and found this:

Planned Parenthood Southeast and four other abortion providers in Georgia are following state law on proper disposal of fetal tissues after abortions, a review by the state found.

In a letter released Wednesday, Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald, commissioner of the Department of Public Health, told Gov. Nathan Deal, “I have concluded that each (clinic) has proper procedures in place for burial or interment of remains and that all such facilities are currently following that portion of the law.” (AJC, Thursday, 8/13)

Yep, just another snipe hunt with public funds chasing another figment of imagination that run loose in the fantasy bubble that passes for right wing beliefs (which they all know are true). Sad. Really, really sad.
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:19:48 AM

If the facilities inspected don't collect fetal tissue, I wouldn't expect investigators to find any wrong doing regarding collection and sale of fetal tissue. Now, if you're a critical thinker, you may question what information this biased source is leaving out. I have to do it when I read Breitbart or WND. You should do it when you read Think Progress. It makes us all better thinkers and decision makers.
Nora12322

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:20:43 AM

Oh look I was right lmao!
KriszDev

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:22:47 AM

Massachusetts cleared…because they don't do it! lol From your source!

“Although donation of fetal tissue is permissible under state and federal law, [the Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts (PPLM)] does not have a tissue donation program,” Healey said in a statement. “There is no evidence that PPLM is involved in any way in the buying or selling of tissue. As such, our review is complete.”
KriszDev

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:23:08 AM

Your source:

“The investigation has concluded there was no evidence of this type of activity at these sites,” the Indiana State Department of Health said in a statement, reported the Indianapolis Star. Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky does not participate in fetal tissued donation programs.
KriszDev

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:23:32 AM

I wonder what states have PP facilities that actually do collect and donate fetal tissue, rather than properly dispose of it, as in the cases of the states "investigated" for violating fetal tissue donation laws. Could Missouri be one, where the governor refuses to investigate? Could Virginia be one, where the governor refuses to investigate.

This is propaganda hogwash, which any critical thinking person should be able to see through.
jeckman

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:24:57 AM

Lol.... it's like a mcdonalds getting cleared in Houston when the complaint was filed in Alabama....but logic seems to be lost on the extreme partisan.
KriszDev

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:25:16 AM

Here's an idea. Investigate PP in the states where the videos were made.
peterson33

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:27:13 AM

Here is a thought. Investigate the PP's in states that do donate tissue instead of this fake investigations.

Dear lord people are getting desperate.

Meanwhile no one wants to see to comment on

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/planned-parenthood-fetal-tissue-company-cuts-ties-videos-121371.html#ixzz3iousRnct

Looks like a cut and run situation to me.
Adamsux

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:27:43 AM

This whole issue is like a Rorschach test… People continue to see what they want to see.
arul.BP

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:28:52 AM

Well, yeah. What we're looking at is just another full face plant  for the faux outrage generated by and for the ignorant and unwashed in their continual war on women:

Total fail. Total. Half of the aborted fetuses would have grown up to become women until liberals killed them.

Care to try again?
rio3232

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:29:45 AM

This whole issue is like a Rorschach test… People continue to see what they want to see.
Yeah, like the OP.

Fortunately with good forum features, I don't have to see that dribble any more.

I'm pro choice, but at least I have the IQ to see what they're doing. Nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody wants to read this crap:

What we're looking at is just another full face plant for the faux outrage generated by and for the ignorant and unwashed in their continual war on women:

The true ignorant and unwashed are those who find joking about slinging and crunching baby parts is cute and hilarious!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 06:31:55 AM

This is what's happening in politics a lot now, facts be damned so long as people can make themselves feel good and score cheap political or social points amongst their peers they don't give a fuck if what they write is totally stupid.
peterson33

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:56:34 PM

Following the release of several inflammatory videos that suggest Planned Parenthood is improperly profiting from the sale of “aborted baby parts,” GOP lawmakers have been quick to condemn the national women’s health organization. However, their current strategies to attack Planned Parenthood are falling short.

Planned Parenthood officials say they’re simply helping their patients donate fetal tissue samples, which can help scientists develop new treatments for serious diseases. Anti-abortion activists, meanwhile, say the misleading videos released by the right-wing group Center for Medical Progress prove the organization is acting immorally.

In response, several state officials have launched investigations into their local Planned Parenthood affiliates, looking for proof that the group is breaking the law.

Officials in states including Georgia, Indiana, Massachusetts, and South Dakota have not been able to turn up any evidence that Planned Parenthood clinics are violating state laws and regulations regarding the collection of fetal tissue donations. Records obtained from other states, like Kansas, reveal that some Planned Parenthood clinics don’t even give their patients the option to donate this tissue.

Georgia was quick to jump all over this (we have serious Republicans in charge) and found this:

Planned Parenthood Southeast and four other abortion providers in Georgia are following state law on proper disposal of fetal tissues after abortions, a review by the state found.

In a letter released Wednesday, Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald, commissioner of the Department of Public Health, told Gov. Nathan Deal, “I have concluded that each (clinic) has proper procedures in place for burial or interment of remains and that all such facilities are currently following that portion of the law.” (AJC, Thursday, 8/13)

Yep, just another snipe hunt with public funds chasing another figment of imagination that run loose in the fantasy bubble that passes for right wing beliefs (which they all know are true). Sad. Really, really sad.

Yes they aren't engaged in the wrong doing in Georgia, they are elsewhere as was captured in the videos.

BTW StemExpress has cut ties with them because of the wrong doing.
rio3232

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:57:57 PM

Here's an idea. Investigate PP in the states where the videos were made.

lol. Leave it to nitwit liberals to know a crime is committed in, oh, say Oregon, but take the investigation to Delaware.

Sounds about par for the course.

Every day, especially lately, I'm more proud and thankful I'm not one of them.
redandblack

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:59:47 PM

If the facilities inspected don't collect fetal tissue, I wouldn't expect investigators to find any wrong doing regarding collection and sale of fetal tissue. Now, if you're a critical thinker, you may question what information this biased source is leaving out. I have to do it when I read Breitbart or WND. You should do it when you read Think Progress. It makes us all better thinkers and decision makers.

Sounds a very bad scheme to make money if they don't even all donate tissue

lol. Leave it to nitwit liberals to know a crime is committed in, oh, say Oregon, but take the investigation to Delaware.

Sounds about par for the course.

Every day, especially lately, I'm more proud and thankful I'm not one of them.

So what's with the nitwits trying to defund the entire organization then???
Harriss

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:00:27 PM

Oh look! They "cleared" the sites not doing fetal tissue profiteering, so let's forget the ones that are. SLB= Standard Leftist Bull
rio3232

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:01:32 PM

Oh look! They "cleared" the sites not doing fetal tissue profiteering, so let's forget the ones that are. SLB= Standard Leftist Bull
Only a complete nitwit could think what doesn't happen in Georgia matters to what does happen in Colorado.

Damn! It must really suck. Kinda reminds me of that old "this is your brain" egg thing. Truly scrambled.
godlyitems (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:03:15 PM

Yes they aren't engaged in the wrong doing in Georgia, they are elsewhere as was captured in the videos.BTW StemExpress has cut ties with them because of the wrong doing.

I'll make a few points, after reading the responses:

State Republicans in Georgia were panicked into conducting an investigation (wasting public funds) by the false allegations that PP was doing something illegal. They weren't and there has been no proof that they did. Anywhere. StemExpress, finding themselves in the crosshairs of the crazies (no proof, but they don't need proof to go nuts), decided to stand down their business dealings with PP, though when this whole uproar is proven to be nothing but the usual right wing lie, they could be back.
KriszDev

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:04:33 PM

I'll make a few points, after reading the responses:

State Republicans in Georgia were panicked into conducting an investigation (wasting public funds) by the false allegations that PP was doing something illegal. They weren't and there has been no proof that they did. Anywhere. StemExpress, finding themselves in the crosshairs of the crazies (no proof, but they don't need proof to go nuts), decided to stand down their business dealings with PP, though when this whole uproar is proven to be nothing but the usual right wing lie, they could be back.
Georgia facilities don't collect and donate fetal tissue. They dispose of it according to the law. Congratulations, Georgia PP for properly disposing of fetal tissue. Now can we get to the facilities where fetal tissue is collected and donated?

The thread fell totally flat on its own merit. Another one from your source:

Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald, commissioner of the Georgia Department Public Health, reported Wednesday to Gov. Nathan Deal (R) that the agency had concluded an investigation into Planned Parenthood Southeast and four other abortion providers in the state.

The investigation, which Deal ordered last month, found that all of the clinics had properly disposed of fetal tissue resulting from abortions.

“As you know, Georgia law requires that licensed abortion clinics (or a medical disposal service provider with whom they have contracted) to bury or cremate fetal remains following the termination of a pregnancy,” Fitzgerald said in a letter to Deal, reported the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Fitzgerald wrote that the investigation concluded that Planned Parenthood and other clinics had complied with the law.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: