May 09, 2024, 01:58:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is NXT a scam?
Yes - 49 (24.4%)
No - 152 (75.6%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll result: NXT is a proper cryptocurrency  (Read 24833 times)
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 09:29:34 AM

May or may not be a scam but it's definitely OBSOLETE technology compared to Ethereum.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:54:50 AM

@BTCDDev @Este Nuno @barbierir

Yeah, yeah I hear all the time from the Supernet crew to check the source on Github. Actually, being probably three times longer in software than James I do understand where the fucking Github is and how to check it out without pushing that repo link into my face all the time. I am sure it is a news to the James support brigade, but apart from James others understand as well where to find the source code.
Anyway, from the moment he started to commit and based on what I could see in the repository from him I always said that James is a super talented guy, mainly terms of the amount of code he can deliver in a short period of time. The amount of work he can deliver is quite exceptional and indicates a special talent.

However, the issues you have just pointed out about the testing verifies (again) that I was always right about him,and that he is a charlatan and became a vaporware asset wizard with his money grabbing scam assets.

Here is a person James, so visionary that according to the cheerleaders he can transfer digital currencies into sliced breads, but
a) he prefer to to collect first 2 million US$ before he delivers anything, but he promise in the first quarter of 2015 Supernet will be done
b) your software genius star promised the first phase of development will be completed by February for Supernet and attached coins like Vericoin - of course he couldn't deliver (charlatan). When you delay 6 months on a project in which you collected 2 million US$ then you have a vaporware. In the meantime he is rolling out the scam assets (wizard)
b) more importantly, this genius fail to understand what we could rightly expect from a junior software engineer and junior project manager combo on a US$ 5K software development task that the software indeed must be tested and such software engineering task indeed requires some planning, which obviously he didn't do. That indicates how serious he is about the Internet of crypto vision and how capable he is to pull that out (charlatan). He is managing a multi million dollar software project, because he talked to crew into that "investment" in his project, he has obligation to deliver, but he just realised, oopppps, I need to test the software and I need help. The greatest organizer visionary of crypto who brought hundreds of developers to his project, did not think about testing which is as you said "not that easy". Come on guys, this is bollocks just like collecting 2 million US$ for that shit and selling his meaningless scammy assets.

I like and respect James in many ways because he is talented and smart, but I am telling you his money grabbing charlatanism will bring lots of trouble and disappointments to NXT which is - mainly due to the large support base - a quite special project.

You really seem to jump to a lot of conclusions without having any of the actual facts to base them on.

First of all, you keep saying that he collected 2 million dollars. If you're trying to imply that he himself has somehow pocketed all the money that people have invested in to SuperNET then that's not accurate at all. The money is part of the SuperNET asset. People on here are so used to scam devs raising big IPOs and walking away that lots of people here tend to assume that SuperNET also must be the same sort of project, when it's not at all.

Second, MGW was already more or less delivered back then anyway, at least the BTC mgw was working if I remember correctly. That was probably the first element of SuperNET that got the attention it needed to be finalized. And I highly doubt James claimed that he would complete every element of SuperNET by February considering it's a constantly evolving project that's meant to be built on over time not just by James, but by all developers working on the project. That being said, you can see here that there were no less than 4 different versions of the SuperNET GUI released during February:

Three versions in February of the older first client which actually appears to have started being released in November: https://nxtforum.org/lite-multigateway-releases/

Then February is also when the first release of the next generation of clients started as well: https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?board=38.0

And now work is beginning from the CPMT on a new client with a completely revamped UX which should be really interesting to see.

And yeah this comment from you is a really accurate description of the situation /s :

but he just realised, oopppps, I need to test the software and I need help. The greatest organizer visionary of crypto who brought hundreds of developers to his project, did not think about testing which is as you said "not that easy"

There has been a team of testers testing InstantDEX from the start, but bugs weren't being found fast enough so it was decided to expand the testing effort by hiring a dedicated full time tester to work with James as well as expanding the overall amount of testers. I'm not sure how you're turning this around in your mind to reflect negatively on James. But if you are then you should probably understand that James never claimed to be "the greatest organizer visionary of crypto" as you put it. All he has ever claimed to do is produce the code for his projects, and it's 100% up to other people in the project to do organize, create GUIs, coordinate and do everything else that's necessary as James makes it explicitly clear that coding is all he focuses on.

kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:02:05 AM

I'm currently working on a proposal for a 'school coin', distributed using PoW, with a fixed supply that's reached within 12 months. I also want to peg the value of the coin to 1 cent. This coin would be very useful in a small school community of ~500 students as a 'rewards' system, and I can make it using a NXT MS coin quite easily. AFAIK there isn't any other viable option open to me.

Why would people use your coin instead of $ or BTC? How do you decide the value of your coin? Why would I pay real money to buy your new token?

People would use the school coin at school, so it's a closed community coin that I control. I want to peg the value so the students perceive it like regular money with a 'constant' value over the year. Being awarded school coins has more psychological power than school points, and students would naturally exchange coins between themselves more readily than points (kids understand what money is from a very early age). Many schools have reward point systems but they never really take-off because the students don't perceive the points as having any value, and administering them is a nightmare. A school crypto coin would stand a better chance, and administration is easy using the NXT software.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:13:59 AM

May or may not be a scam but it's definitely OBSOLETE technology compared to Ethereum.

Oh my god here we go again. Ethereum fanatic numero uno is in the house. Heil Ethererum and all the rest is BS right?
Man you're sooo embarrassing. Right now Ethereum is not more than just pure bla bla bla. Deliver guys!! Deliver!!!
Then we can start talking.
sportfan

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:51:37 AM

i dont think so..
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 11:53:39 AM

Oh my god here we go again. Ethereum fanatic numero uno is in the house. Heil Ethererum and all the rest is BS right?
Man you're sooo embarrassing. Right now Ethereum is not more than just pure bla bla bla. Deliver guys!! Deliver!!!
Then we can start talking.

Ethereum is far from being in good shape in my opinion. the only very interesting thing about ETH at the moment is Augur.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:02:03 PM

Joking I guess Smiley. Ethereum is something in alpha state. Barely working, there's some heavy development on it therefore at this moment it's full of bugs and there are no meaningful use for it at all. On the contrary NXT is a working system with all the features (what ETH will have sometimes in the future) completed, up and running.
Seccour
Legendary

Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004

Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:19:40 PM

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 01:25:00 PM

The butthurt is real. No one wants to buy NXT because they can smell a rat.

Ethereum has a transparent and open team.  They have good communication and marketing too.  They give off a trustworthy vibe.  They also deliver on their promises.

What does NXT have outside of threads on bct?

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Seccour
Legendary

Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004

Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:29:59 PM

The butthurt is real. No one wants to buy NXT because they can smell a rat.

Ethereum has a transparent and open team.  They have good communication and marketing too.  They give off a trustworthy vibe.  They also deliver on their promises.

What does NXT have outside of threads on bct?

NXT team deliver their promises too.

They have a good communication too.

They have a lot of features. And they constantly improve NXT.

So don't speak about something that you don't know. Now, if you want to speak about Ethereum, go on an Ethereum thread, we don't need your shit here  Kiss

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:15:54 AM

Yeah, yeah I hear all the time from the Supernet crew to check the source on Github. Actually, being probably three times longer in software than James I do understand where the fucking Github is and how to check it out without pushing that repo link into my face all the time. I am sure it is a news to the James support brigade, but apart from James others understand as well where to find the source code.
Anyway, from the moment he started to commit and based on what I could see in the repository from him I always said that James is a super talented guy, mainly terms of the amount of code he can deliver in a short period of time. The amount of work he can deliver is quite exceptional and indicates a special talent.

However, the issues you have just pointed out about the testing verifies (again) that I was always right about him,and that he is a charlatan and became a vaporware asset wizard with his money grabbing scam assets.

Here is a person James, so visionary that according to the cheerleaders he can transfer digital currencies into sliced breads, but
a) he prefer to to collect first 2 million US$ before he delivers anything, but he promise in the first quarter of 2015 Supernet will be done
b) your software genius star promised the first phase of development will be completed by February for Supernet and attached coins like Vericoin - of course he couldn't deliver (charlatan). When you delay 6 months on a project in which you collected 2 million US$ then you have a vaporware. In the meantime he is rolling out the scam assets (wizard)
b) more importantly, this genius fail to understand what we could rightly expect from a junior software engineer and junior project manager combo on a US$ 5K software development task that the software indeed must be tested and such software engineering task indeed requires some planning, which obviously he didn't do. That indicates how serious he is about the Internet of crypto vision and how capable he is to pull that out (charlatan). He is managing a multi million dollar software project, because he talked to crew into that "investment" in his project, he has obligation to deliver, but he just realised, oopppps, I need to test the software and I need help. The greatest organizer visionary of crypto who brought hundreds of developers to his project, did not think about testing which is as you said "not that easy". Come on guys, this is bollocks just like collecting 2 million US$ for that shit and selling his meaningless scammy assets.

I like and respect James in many ways because he is talented and smart, but I am telling you his money grabbing charlatanism will bring lots of trouble and disappointments to NXT which is - mainly due to the large support base - a quite special project.

One of the most schizophrenic posts i've ever seen on this forum IMO. Most people only reach such extremes of love/hate after +30 years of marriage. You acknowledge you like & respect jl777, and say he is talented & smart and has indeed done a mountain of coding work, and yet you still maintain a belief he is a 'money grabbing charlatan' - how very odd your thinking appears altcoinUK.

The only problem you identify is a time delay in releasing InstantDEX that everyone who bothers to investigate soon discovers is the rsult of a lack of testers, and jl777 has now started paying people to do this work. I don't see a charlatan but an extremely committed professional who tackles problems efficiently when they arise. The creation of SuperNET & InstantDEX has been nothing short of amazing, and time delays of 6 months are not  game-breakers. Also, the money raised from SuperNET IPO didn't even go to jl777 personally, it stayed inside SN to this day.

Relax, you are over thinking this issue. You just don't understand that super talented and very hard working people could be money grabbing scammer charlatans. Bernie Madoff is one of them.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:16:49 AM

are you kidding ? NXT Vs Etherum ?
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:32:25 AM

You really seem to jump to a lot of conclusions without having any of the actual facts to base them on.

First of all, you keep saying that he collected 2 million dollars. If you're trying to imply that he himself has somehow pocketed all the money that people have invested in to SuperNET then that's not accurate at all. The money is part of the SuperNET asset. People on here are so used to scam devs raising big IPOs and walking away that lots of people here tend to assume that SuperNET also must be the same sort of project, when it's not at all.

Second, MGW was already more or less delivered back then anyway, at least the BTC mgw was working if I remember correctly. That was probably the first element of SuperNET that got the attention it needed to be finalized. And I highly doubt James claimed that he would complete every element of SuperNET by February considering it's a constantly evolving project that's meant to be built on over time not just by James, but by all developers working on the project. That being said, you can see here that there were no less than 4 different versions of the SuperNET GUI released during February:

Three versions in February of the older first client which actually appears to have started being released in November: https://nxtforum.org/lite-multigateway-releases/

Then February is also when the first release of the next generation of clients started as well: https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?board=38.0

And now work is beginning from the CPMT on a new client with a completely revamped UX which should be really interesting to see.

And yeah this comment from you is a really accurate description of the situation /s :

but he just realised, oopppps, I need to test the software and I need help. The greatest organizer visionary of crypto who brought hundreds of developers to his project, did not think about testing which is as you said "not that easy"

There has been a team of testers testing InstantDEX from the start, but bugs weren't being found fast enough so it was decided to expand the testing effort by hiring a dedicated full time tester to work with James as well as expanding the overall amount of testers. I'm not sure how you're turning this around in your mind to reflect negatively on James. But if you are then you should probably understand that James never claimed to be "the greatest organizer visionary of crypto" as you put it. All he has ever claimed to do is produce the code for his projects, and it's 100% up to other people in the project to do organize, create GUIs, coordinate and do everything else that's necessary as James makes it explicitly clear that coding is all he focuses on.

All right then. If you are and others telling that James wasn't the recipient of the 2 million US$, then I was wrong about that. My understanding was that James collected that money and that is his money. Actually, I am happy if it turns out that the talented young man is not so corrupt, that's great, better for everyone, especially for him.
However, before you sign me up in the James cheerleader fan club I believe we should agree that my comments about his vaporware assets wizard scamming activity as well as about his failure of delivering Supernet is still accurate. You are wrong assuming that he only promised C programming. Read back the Vericoin thread at the day when the Supernet IPO started, you will see that he presented himself as the saviour of crypto, a perfect and rare combination of a universal programmer, a project manager, a CTO, a CEO, a community organizer, Mother Teresa and his holiness the Dalai Lama ... so don't tell me he never promised more than coding - he promised everything that an individual who after 2 million US$ could promise.

Anyway, if the Supernet community is happy with him then everything is cool. All I said, that I believe his activity (especially the collapsing asset shamble) will bring lots of trouble to NXT.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:31:27 AM

So, looks like the general consensus is that NXT isn't a scam.....yay!

Two years of hard work from a lot of dedicated people is starting to pay off.... Grin

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 11:32:50 AM

I like NXT, even financially it is undervalued at least 550x (to on par with BTC)
It seems that even Ethereum took a lot of thought from NXT
jl777 is a controversial figure, but I don't believe NXT revolves around him and that it's a negative feature per se

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:11:29 AM

I just bought some more NXT today, I really love the concept, so I`ll support it with my AVATAR and the profile text.

Good luck with building a better crypto-platform!

box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:08:42 PM

I just bought some more NXT today, I really love the concept, so I`ll support it with my AVATAR and the profile text.

Good luck with building a better crypto-platform!

how much did you buy? might load up on some too. prices seem undervalued having that coin shuffling is coming out in a few months.
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:55:26 PM

You people still talking about Nxt distribution are retarded. Period.

It think Nxt being a part of supernet is only helping it
uniton

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:33:18 PM

Iam going to choose no, because i think they're have a good purpose and have a good dev
just imho

box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 10:32:08 PM

seems like nxt is the underdog in the 2.0 space...

quiet, calm, and moving along like a sturdy turtle.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: