June 21, 2024, 10:03:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is NXT a scam?
Yes - 49 (24.4%)
No - 152 (75.6%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll result: NXT is a proper cryptocurrency  (Read 24836 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:54:15 AM

Every day Bitshares, ETH, and rootstock.io spend coding is another day NXT's status as obsolete abandonware is confirmed.

I'm curious. If you think Nxt is dying because of Ethereum/Rootstock, why do you think Bitshares will be any different?
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:57:00 AM

The conceit that NXT has any permanency and is Here To Stay is absurd.

Bitshares appears to be dealing with similar problems as NxT. Ethereum is up in the air and may become irrelevant because turing complete can already be done indirectly on Bitcoin and may prove to be too costly and unnecessary to do on a blockchain with "gas" as ultimately you need oracles to collect/manage data in many cases. rootstock is interesting but one example among many of smart contracts projects.

It is absurd to think NxT won't be around for many years. It is almost impossible to kill currencies and NxT is one of the most popular cryptocoins around with at least 500-2k users. Even the scam Paycoin still exists and is being used even after all the evidence and investigations.

This being said I expect NxT to continue losing marketshare regardless if they reverse direction and increase marketcap or continue to slide in value. There is going to be many black swan events and things will get very competive in the future as we have yet to see any legit corporate coin or government "blockchain" coins enter the market.  I won't touch any of those coins but a majority of the population will. Even Bitcoin may be toppled from controlling mindshare.
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:07:17 AM

yawn, nxt is bad yadda, yadda ... sure, yes, no but... yadda, yadda ... yawn

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 01:13:03 AM

Bitshares appears to be dealing with similar problems as NxT. Ethereum is up in the air and may become irrelevant because turing complete can already be done indirectly on Bitcoin and may prove to be too costly and unnecessary to do on a blockchain with "gas" as ultimately you need oracles to collect/manage data in many cases. rootstock is interesting but one example among many of smart contracts projects.

It is absurd to think NxT won't be around for many years. It is almost impossible to kill currencies and NxT is one of the most popular cryptocoins around with at least 500-2k users. Even the scam Paycoin still exists and is being used even after all the evidence and investigations.

This being said I expect NxT to continue losing marketshare regardless if they reverse direction and increase marketcap or continue to slide in value. There is going to be many black swan events and things will get very competive in the future as we have yet to see any legit corporate coin or government "blockchain" coins enter the market.  I won't touch any of those coins but a majority of the population will.

Of course NXT can continue roaming the land among the herds of zombie coins like Tenebrix, IxCoin, and Paycoin.

I meant NXT, as a viable project/technology with a future of growth and adoption, is hopeless.

"500-2k users?"

For what are these users using NXT?  Speculation?

Where are the tx, github commit, trade volume, and client download stats showing anyone not already invested gives even the slightest fuck about NXT?

2014 called and wants its favorite scam platform back!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:26:00 AM

Of course Monero can continue roaming the land among the herds of zombie coins like Tenebrix, IxCoin, and Paycoin.

I meant  Monero, as a viable project/technology with a future of growth and adoption, is hopeless.

"500-2k users?"

For what are these users using  Monero?  Speculation?

Where are the tx, github commit, trade volume, and client download stats showing anyone not already invested gives even the slightest fuck about  Monero?

FIFY, now it makes sense.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:29:18 AM

Of course NXT can continue roaming the land among the herds of zombie coins like Tenebrix, IxCoin, and Paycoin.

I meant NXT, as a viable project/technology with a future of growth and adoption, is hopeless.

"500-2k users?"

For what are these users using NXT?  Speculation?

Where are the tx, github commit, trade volume, and client download stats showing anyone not already invested gives even the slightest fuck about NXT?

2014 called and wants its favorite scam platform back!   Cheesy

Throwing stones from glass houses, when in reality bitcoin is young and fragile with a pathetic adoption rate. Where does that place the alts you are so fond of?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 02:23:20 AM

"500-2k users?"

For what are these users using NXT?  Speculation?

2014 called and wants its favorite scam platform back!   Cheesy

Throwing stones from glass houses, when in reality bitcoin is young and fragile with a pathetic adoption rate. Where does that place the alts you are so fond of?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:33:40 AM

iCEBREAKER loves NXT.

What's your account?  I'll tip you some for helping to keep NXT visible.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:14:29 AM

(Sorry iCY, couldn't resist  Cheesy)

But honestly, I would also really like to know:
Why are you trying to pump NXT so badly - are you a bagholder?
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:43:14 AM

Of course Monero can continue roaming the land among the herds of zombie coins like Tenebrix, IxCoin, and Paycoin.

I meant  Monero, as a viable project/technology with a future of growth and adoption, is hopeless.

"500-2k users?"

For what are these users using  Monero?  Speculation?

Where are the tx, github commit, trade volume, and client download stats showing anyone not already invested gives even the slightest fuck about  Monero?

FIFY, now it makes sense.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 08:06:36 PM

Still, you've got admire iCE's determination.....but maybe he is just projecting his disappointment with Monero on to NXT.
As people have pointed out, you can substitute 'Monero' for 'Nxt' in all of his posts, without losing any of the message, as iCE almost never bothers to include any information to back up his position.  

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
l8orre
Legendary

Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:50:15 AM

Still, you've got admire iCE's determination.....but maybe he is just projecting his disappointment with Monero on to NXT.
As people have pointed out, you can substitute 'Monero' for 'Nxt' in all of his posts, without losing any of the message, as iCE almost never bothers to include any information to back up his position.  

I would say the latter.

Also, what comes to mind is the question about iCYs time allocation:

Given the appararently large amounts of time he spends in these completely futile and destructive pursuits, he can't have that many other successful and satisfying things going on in his life.

In other words: A guy who signed up to bitcointalk in mid 2011, and in 2015 still wastes his time uselessly dredging altcoin shallows? Mud slinging?

If this was the kind of super sharp blockchain guru he would like to project, he would not be doing this, "but kickin' it in the Caribbean" [as Marcellus Wallace woud say].

But he isn't. So: He fucked up on his Bitcoin investments, which must have taken a great deal of stupidity given that development, and now his Monero interest is tanking too.

Yeeees, easily to surmise how that would elicit a hefty degree of rancor. And then add some nice doses of pettyness and vindictiveness, and <presto>:

A Loser, projecting diappointments, venting frustration, and throwing tantrums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cpGQ3zUuB0

Grin
RealBitcoin

Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:08:26 AM

So NXT just stabilized in the past 3 days, how does the FUD-ers explain that.

If i`m correct, the FUD-ers said that NXT will go to 0 soon as all major holders will dump it. In reality it has lost only 0.35% of its value, pretty far from what they said will happen.

So NXT is a stable currency after all Smiley

Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:34:35 AM

On the Nxt forum there is a stat that 509 was the most online ever , but because of the severe decrease in volume and market cap adoption may have reversed.

Adoption has definitely reversed.

18 months ago, there was a brief wave of hype.  That hype and pump are long over.  Since June 14, the price has been plummeting.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nxt/#charts

SuperNet, the scam platform built on NXT's scam platform, is likewise dying because its hype and "investments" never produced anything of value:

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/supernet-unity/#charts

There is no likely scenario where this trend turns around.

Every day Bitshares, ETH, and rootstock.io spend coding is another day NXT's status as obsolete abandonware is confirmed.

I can appreciate your statement. I would agree with you.
Unfortunately, NXT was initially distributed to poor minded and lazy people. First investors had a great chance to rise into the large scale financial platform, but they missed the boat. First mover advantage was destroyed. Take a look to Come-from-Beyond, NXT ex-core developer. There are only some facts:

1) Come-from-Beyond has zero NXT.
2) Come-from-Beyond left NXT core developer team long time ago.
3) Come-from-Beyond does not love NXT ancient whales.
4) Come-from-Beyond predicted shrinking of NXT market cap until 1M in near future.

It's enough to abandon NXT as unsuccessful platform. Many of outstanding and talented people left the project. Whales (LSUM and etc) do not stop to unload bulks of becoming useless coins. It's time to face the truth - NXT is dying.

Monero is your money privacy.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:41:18 AM

NXT was initially distributed to poor minded and lazy people.

Hmm, if I bought 1BTC worth of Nxt during IPO, they would be worth 110BTC today. Doesn't sound very poor minded to me.

4) Come-from-Beyond predicted shrinking of NXT market cap until 1M in near future.

1) false.
2) true
3) source?
4) source?
Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:54:02 AM

NXT was initially distributed to poor minded and lazy people.

Hmm, if I bought 1BTC worth of Nxt during IPO, they would be worth 110BTC today. Doesn't sound very poor minded to me.
I wrote only "poor minded", not "very poor".
It is not trivial task to sell that large amount due low volume of trades.
And you would be in NXT only for own profit not for platform benefit. Whales also are thinking as you. Pure greed.

1) false.
2) true
3) source?
4) source?

Come-from-Beyond knows a few languages, except Java. Sometimes he posts something interesting.

Monero is your money privacy.
LiQio
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:07:43 AM

[...]
Come-from-Beyond knows a few languages, except Java. Sometimes he posts something interesting.

You can also post links to Russian threads. Your statement doesn't qualify as a valid source.
RealBitcoin

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:10:51 AM

How do you know? The whole concept of cryptocurrency is to make financial privacy possible.

He could hold 0 NXT or hold 80% of the market, you cannot know.

I do hold some NXT now, so I`m putting my money where my mouth is, and believe strongly in the future of it Smiley

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:11:53 AM

1) false.
2) true
3) source?
4) source?

I wouldn't say that owning 100 NXT can be considered as owning NXT. It's true that I predicted 1M marketcap, but Damelon did a "dirty" trick and didn't sell collected funds, ruining my reputation of a good predictor  Cheesy
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:20:13 PM

I wouldn't say that owning 100 NXT can be considered as owning NXT

True, but the asperger in me couldn't resist  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: