Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum 2.4 binaries  (Read 2714 times)
trior

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:32:59 PM

Thomas

Downloaded the standalone version but found that it does not work like the previous version (2.3.2) The previous version first checked the local folder to see whether the required files were present in that folder when it started up. The current version (2.4.3) does not do this and create new folders under Users\AppData (on Windows).

Can you guys perhaps look into this for the next release as this will make the standalone version a bit pointless if its going to 'insist' on having its data files on the main drive of the pc.

I was also unable to open any of my wallets but I guess this was because of no hardware wallet support being present in this version. All my wallets are trezor watch-only wallets.

I have a workaround for this .
run command  :
Code:
electrum.exe -P

or You can create a shortcut of electrum.exe at same folder and open properties of the shortcut and add " -P"  at the end of target field.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 01:41:39 PM

Thomas

Downloaded the standalone version but found that it does not work like the previous version (2.3.2) The previous version first checked the local folder to see whether the required files were present in that folder when it started up. The current version (2.4.3) does not do this and create new folders under Users\AppData (on Windows).

Can you guys perhaps look into this for the next release as this will make the standalone version a bit pointless if its going to 'insist' on having its data files on the main drive of the pc.

I was also unable to open any of my wallets but I guess this was because of no hardware wallet support being present in this version. All my wallets are trezor watch-only wallets.

I have a workaround for this .
run command  :
Code:
electrum.exe -P

or You can create a shortcut of electrum.exe at same folder and open properties of the shortcut and add " -P"  at the end of target field.

Tried it but could not get it to even start up. Not sure whether there might have been changes to any of the underlying files. The portable version of 2.3.2. runs just fine from my USB drive with the data folders on the USB but the 2.4.4. stand alone version, as said, does not even want to start up.

If I remove the -P parameter it runs just fine but then creates the data folders in the AppData folder again.

I will wait for the latest binaries to come out. Version 2.4.4. does not work for me in any case as there is no support for Trezor and all my wallets reside on a Trezor.
chentron

Activity: 97
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 01:44:36 PM

electrum.exe -P   ...
this works for me. perfect. thanks

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:33:52 PM

Any updates on when the next binaries will be available ?

Also, will hardware wallets be supported in the next release?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6105

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:48:50 PM

I was reading on DASH (Darkcoin) Altcoin thread and I saw that OP said that they funded Electrum project so  I assume that the late updates for Electrum BTC is because of Electrum DASH if the developpers are the same of course .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:11:16 PM

I was reading on DASH (Darkcoin) Altcoin thread and I saw that OP said that they funded Electrum project so  I assume that the late updates for Electrum BTC is because of Electrum DASH if the developpers are the same of course .

Could be but what I do not understand is that the LTC version, which is essentially a clone of the main BTC version, is miles ahead of the BTC version. They are at version 2.4.3.1 and everything is working. Thinks like hardware wallet support, account names/labels that do not disappear the whole time etc....

The BTC version (2.4.4.) has no hardware wallet support, the account labels is still a problem as they keep on disappearing etc..

At this stage the BTC version seems like cripple ware compared to the LTC version.
NoBit

Activity: 326

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 01:47:43 PM

Any news on the windows binaries and hardware wallet support? I am still on 2.3.3 and trezor

Bitrated user: nobit.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:02:09 PM

Any news on the windows binaries and hardware wallet support? I am still on 2.3.3 and trezor

Nothing really , as I said on the post above I guess ThomasV is working on Dash coin now and not on Bitcoin and as you can see here : https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/blob/master/RELEASE-NOTES the latest version is 2.5 however it's not complied and nothing changed for whatcomes to the hardware walelt support (they added Support for KeepKey hardware wallet i suppose only)  and if you check the download page you will only see 2.4.4 for downloading .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NoBit

Activity: 326

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:00:00 PM

Nothing really , as I said on the post above I guess ThomasV is working on Dash coin now and not on Bitcoin and as you can see here : https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/blob/master/RELEASE-NOTES the latest version is 2.5 however it's not complied and nothing changed for whatcomes to the hardware walelt support (they added Support for KeepKey hardware wallet i suppose only)  and if you check the download page you will only see 2.4.4 for downloading .

windows binaries above 2.3.3 don't work with trezor/any hardware wallet

Bitrated user: nobit.
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 04:26:02 PM

as I said on the post above I guess ThomasV is working on Dash coin now and not on Bitcoin

WTF???

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 04:27:20 PM

I will try to get hardware wallet support with windows working with the 2.5 series.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:29:16 PM

as I said on the post above I guess ThomasV is working on Dash coin now and not on Bitcoin

WTF???

Rofl Shocked no ? I've seen Bitcoin Electrum developpement little bit slow lately so I assumed that you are working on the DASH wallet [Electrum version] because I've seen on their thread that Electrum for DASH is being funded , Sorry.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 07:02:41 PM

I will try to get hardware wallet support with windows working with the 2.5 series.

Thanks Thomas, it would be appreciated as all my wallets are Trezor based so I'm still stuck on Electrum 2.3.2.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: