Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:02:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: With the growing popularity of Casascius, Lealana, Titan and many other physical cryptocoins...has the time come for Bitcointalk to add a Physical Cryptocurrency section to the forum?  
Absolutely, way overdue! - 4 (66.7%)
Sounds like a good idea, but not needed yet... - 2 (33.3%)
Physical Crypto should not have it's own section. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about adding a Physical Cryptocurrency section to the forum?  (Read 348 times)
ducatitalia (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:24:14 PM

So I sent the PM below to theymos about a week ago, inquiring about the possibility of adding a Physical Cryptocurrency section to the forum.  Haven't heard back yet, but in the interim, thought I'd get a pulse from the community regarding just how much interest there might be for adding a place on Bitcointalk dedicated to physical crypto.

Take the poll and post your thoughts here either way...to help give a better sense of if this is something that might be wanted and/or needed...

Hello theymos--let me thank you in advance for reading and considering this perspective...

I was wondering if you, the staff and mods had given any thought to adding a section on the forum for physical Bitcoin like Casascius coins and the thousands of other physical iterations in existence for BTC and alts alike.  And if so, what the plan might be?  Physical Crypto are no longer just fancy wallets.  The sector is becoming quite significant and growing exponentially, with the boom in physical bitcoin grading through companies like ANACS, the oldest coin grading firm in the US.   In a groundbreaking move, the traditional ANACS coin grading institution even added a Physical Cryptocurrency category to their new order form a few weeks back, due to overwhelming demand. 

Beyond the storage and economic value, the collector base for these physical versions of digital currency is also growing in-kind, as is its numismatic value.  There is even "A Collectors Guide to Physical Crypto Coins" being created.

As digital currency continues to evolve out of its infancy and matures into a powerful global economic force...the various applications and manifestations it takes on should be recognized.  I'm guessing that the creation of a Physical Cryptocurrency section on Bitcointalk would be cheered and extremely popular...right now these many folks are having their discussions on the topic across various sections of the forum in a rather disorganized and haphazard manner.  Would be great to bring this sub-community together in earnest.

Thank you again and appreciate any feedback and perspective you may be able to provide.

Top Bitrated Escrow Service: Racer Great BTC Resources: www.thebtcboss.com
Interest Free Loans: Here BTC:1MBFDLK3s9Nzk7Anfzx2GvhUo7DEBqFz7W
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:27:50 PM

This should go in Meta. But I agree. It's a thriving little corner of Bitcoinland and it's sometimes lost in the sea of other discussions.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:32:08 PM

there is a number of threads about this in meta already.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1095046.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1075673.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=342321.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141568.0

aaand

Haven't really thought about it much, and not sure it's needed, but a more general PM (precious metals) board would make more sense, and would likely gain more support. Lot of overlap there.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:35:26 PM

I definitely agree, it would be useful and your message to theymos was well stated.   Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: