Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:17:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized!  (Read 547541 times)
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:25:00 AM

This coin is looking very good, i can`t wait to mine Smiley
rockyram

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:06:49 AM

looks good, after long time good coin comming out, waiting ......
Sir_Astral

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:11:09 PM

Any news?
ShiftTeam (OP)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 04:54:32 AM

Just finishing some development. Hang thight.

Regards
tamdc

Activity: 503
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:08:51 AM

When launch?

Jerry S

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:19:12 AM

maybe im hanging too tight
ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 07:42:58 PM

When launch?

A couple of days. Doing some wallet development.. everything else is done.

Regards
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 12:30:33 AM

We are watching closely.

This is my signature...
bat26

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:02:02 AM

Yeah it seems you are going to have the first ether fork. Don't blow it and have it unfair at launch.

Make sure there are pools. If there are no pools, the the distribution will become lopsided and the majority will stay away, and for good reason.

Take as long and do whatever is necessary to have the fairest launch possible!!

If you drop the ball there, it will all be for nothing. It won't help anyone, not even those who end up mining a bunch, cause the coin will fizzle out.

I seen you mention anon.

This is a great idea!! There is another coin that was just released called darkether. It's not a real fork of Ethereum, so I think you got a leg up on them there. So they are nothing to worry about I don't think.

Can you explain the direction you are going to take when approaching anonymity? How will you accomplish this. People are usually worried about anon tech being too centralized is what I usually hear as complaints the most. So please elaborate on you plans when it comes to anonymous transactions. I'm super pumped about a true ether fork with anon tech!!!!

You are in a great position right now.

If you play your cards right, you will find that you have a winner because I think interest in the coin will be high.

I look forward to hearing your response, as I see you're the kind of dev that is active and follows up on everything.

This is another great sign.

Shift has all the potential in the world. Great name too. You've got me excited!!!

tekyboy

Activity: 508

TekyBoy Crypto Services

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 03:26:17 AM

delay it a day more i just ordered new computer so give it a shot on it to mine Smiley excited to see first derived coin from Ethereum.

Monopoly

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:46:23 AM

Tell me some of advantages ?
ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 04:35:36 PM

Yeah it seems you are going to have the first ether fork. Don't blow it and have it unfair at launch.

Make sure there are pools. If there are no pools, the the distribution will become lopsided and the majority will stay away, and for good reason.

If you drop the ball there, it will all be for nothing. It won't help anyone, not even those who end up mining a bunch, cause the coin will fizzle out.

I seen you mention anon.

This is a great idea!! There is another coin that was just released called darkether. It's not a real fork of Ethereum, so I think you got a leg up on them there. So they are nothing to worry about I don't think.

Can you explain the direction you are going to take when approaching anonymity? How will you accomplish this. People are usually worried about anon tech being too centralized is what I usually hear as complaints the most. So please elaborate on you plans when it comes to anonymous transactions. I'm super pumped about a true ether fork with anon tech!!!!

If you play your cards right, you will find that you have a winner because I think interest in the coin will be high.

I look forward to hearing your response, as I see you're the kind of dev that is active and follows up on everything.

Shift has all the potential in the world. Great name too. You've got me excited!!!

Since we aim to release Shift as fair as possible we would like to hear your thoughts about it. In your opinion, how do we make this release as fair as we possible can?

Regards
ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 04:43:18 PM

Tell me some of advantages ?

The advantages, in our opinion (its okey if you do not agree) is that we might be less governed by bureaucracy compared to ethereum. Its a large machinery, a lots of people involved. Our team is very small, decisions can be done quickly. We can pretty much develop and try new techs and release it within a few days.

As we stated above, our aim at first was just releasing our decentralized dapps on the ethereum network. However, since we have many ideas and few funds we thought that we could simply fork ethereum. Our plan, and this idea has been taken from "horizon currency", is to pay bountys for running a Shift node. In that way we make a large and stable network, which is the foundation of the whole dapps-thingy.

Regards
Joshua kingpin

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 04:44:39 PM

Based on ethereum sounds interesting. I will watch this thread.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Airdrop to BTC holders
ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 06:23:35 PM

Shift will be released with a Qt5 based wallet. In other words, shift will contain a GUI wallet. The GUI wallet is made by a third party developer.  This means that almost all is done for a version 0.1 release. A roadmap will be published soon (there are still some things to accomplish, such as "branding" and further porting of code).

We want the community to have opinions about the distribution and establishing funds for future development, graphics design and server hosting. People do not generally like ICO/IPO. When it comes to mining there are a substantial amount of people that do not have the resources to compete with mining rigs that got 5 r290 graphic cards. We want everyone to get a chance to get hold of some Sht. Your opinions are valuable for us, so please speak up! Smiley

Regards
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:37:29 PM

I seen you mention anon.

Since we aim to release Shift as fair as possible we would like to hear your thoughts about it. In your opinion, how do we make this release as fair as we possible can?

Regards

Easy. Pick a date and release it.

You will never satisfy everyone. Different time zones for all. People will complain about anything and everything.

It's best you pick the time and date and post it the OP and let those that follow the coin/thread mine. As others find out they will come.

Sorry but in a nutshell.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
lulla.by

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:49:23 PM

Shift will be released with a Qt5 based wallet. In other words, shift will contain a GUI wallet. The GUI wallet is made by a third party developer.  This means that almost all is done for a version 0.1 release. A roadmap will be published soon (there are still some things to accomplish, such as "branding" and further porting of code).

We want the community to have opinions about the distribution and establishing funds for future development, graphics design and server hosting. People do not generally like ICO/IPO. When it comes to mining there are a substantial amount of people that do not have the resources to compete with mining rigs that got 5 r290 graphic cards. We want everyone to get a chance to get hold of some Sht. Your opinions are valuable for us, so please speak up! Smiley

Regards

You should spend a lot of your time in graphics and marketing, they are the best things to do imho.
gioma

Activity: 294

???

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:55:00 PM

A roadmap is the minimum you can give us, dev.
ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 08:11:50 PM

A roadmap is the minimum you can give us, dev.

To be honest, until now, a roadmap has been the least of our concerns. Our focus has not been on graphics, text (roadmaps etc) nor any websites and things like that. Our focus has been on the ethereum code base and get stuff working for v0.1.

Humble regards
ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 08:18:31 PM

Regards

You should spend a lot of your time in graphics and marketing, they are the best things to do imho.

You are totally right. We do not have that kind of skills though. That is why we need to hire it, or find someone who want to join our team. Sometimes i wish that i could do graphics, but i have no talent in that kind of work. We are engineers (both in education and by trade), period.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 314 »
  Print  

Jump to: