Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we Merge Mine Other Coins
Fuck Yea!
No! Damn Way

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 49247 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hawaii18k

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:41:04 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 07:58:04 AM by hawaii18k

So which forkchain/network is valid one?
At this moment this is kinda madness, people will loose their coins.

The one with the latest client
Do you understand consequences of your proceeding?

Yup
So do you have thousands of crave to spend on refunds?

Excuse Me? I have told to update the client, If you don't update it, that is then your fault

i agree 8-bit. this was too short time shot.

2 ways to cover damage.
post pone all forks to future. or keep current chain and get angry messages..

Wait, okay, I have edited the code and postponded the fork to Block 200000

Can someone help me clarify the situation now?  I have set up 3 mns fresh with rc3 just before this comment was made, which was early today.  It initially couldn't sync so I deleted existing block chain and reload the chain from the beginning and it worked.  Withdrawal of 500 from bittrex right before maintenance came through no problem and started to earn .6666 whatever.  So i thought fine.  

When I checked the block chain from explorer, it showed different chain.  Mine was shorter vs longer chain shown on block explorer.  It did show initial transfer of 500 but anything else after was not in that chain.

Clearly, block chain forked.  Question is, which one is legit? longer one or my shorter one?  Or no one know yet and perhaps depends on Bittrex's decision?  

When nittassin said, "I edited the code to postpone the fork to block 2000", does it mean, rc3 download has been altered, that I need to delete my current mn install and download, restart again?

Help me.  I got dumb from too much sun!!!!

Everyday, Sun rises and you are one step closer to your eventual demise.  What are you going to do today?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hepilord

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:06:59 AM

rc3 stops on block 188001
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:15:15 AM

my advice is to use old code until there is a working fork..

cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:22:55 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 11:21:04 AM by cisahasa

good work in killing this coin

let the dev try.. i think he is on new coin..

and rc3 crashes on block 188001
there is no version pump so you cant tell hell about what clients are out there.
you cant even see have people updated sha256 fork ??

CDarvin81

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:34:08 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 11:48:04 AM by CDarvin81

Hi
I have 2 nodes the newest node with the newest code from github runs on block > 188001
So i try to compile the other new...
Code:
{
    "version" : "v2.0.0.0-g32a928e Quantum Loop",
    "protocolversion" : 70000,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 114.00693205,
    "blocks" : 188005,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 702408.50000000,
    "connections" : 3,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "62.75.187.41",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 115.31111462,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.48858223
    },
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1429791961,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00001000,
    "mininput" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}
niitassins_dad

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:56:14 AM

Wheeeeere is my small boy? I told him he can't play with the money of other people like that Angry
This is afternoon in India now. Wheeeeeeere is my little boy Niitassin Huh
CDarvin81

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:31:32 PM

So...
The newest version from github didn't crashs again.
The Problem ist what is the official chain?
Blockexplorers chains are much bigger the any of ny chains.
Is the fork done or are the new versions <50%?
niitassins_dad

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:37:58 PM

So...

No one is following my son Cry
All services, blockchain explorers and exchanges are still on the old chain!
CDarvin81

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:50:33 PM

So...

No one is following my son Cry
All services, blockchain explorers and exchanges are still on the old chain!
Ok thanks... so i will switch back...
CryptoVote

Activity: 229

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:07:37 PM

Yup

Excuse Me? I have told to update the client, If you don't update it, that is then your fault

2 ways to cover damage.

Can someone help me clarify the situation now?  I have set up 3 mns fresh with rc3 just before this comment was made, which was early today.  It initially couldn't sync so I deleted existing block chain and reload the chain from the beginning and it worked.  Withdrawal of 500 from bittrex right before maintenance came through no problem and started to earn .6666 whatever.  So i thought fine.  

When I checked the block chain from explorer, it showed different chain.  Mine was shorter vs longer chain shown on block explorer.  It did show initial transfer of 500 but anything else after was not in that chain.

Clearly, block chain forked.  Question is, which one is legit? longer one or my shorter one?  Or no one know yet and perhaps depends on Bittrex's decision?  

When nittassin said, "I edited the code to postpone the fork to block 2000", does it mean, rc3 download has been altered, that I need to delete my current mn install and download, restart again?

The shorter chain is RC3.  Should I recompile the Windows version to create RC4 (postpones the fork)?  I need to go to work but when I get back in 8 hours, I can recompile and send the link.  It is not clear to me what the community wants to do.

cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:09:52 PM

Yup

2 ways to cover damage.

The shorter chain is RC3.  Should I recompile the Windows version to create RC4 (postpones the fork)?  I need to go to work but when I get back in 8 hours, I can recompile and send the link.  It is not clear to me what the community wants to do.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182590.0

CryptoVote

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:25:28 PM

Yup

2 ways to cover damage.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182590.0
Sorry for the stupid question but is that a no?

cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:17:27 PM

i have no idea..
but if you can make working release, just put it out and let people choose.(win current wallet crashes for me)

hawaii18k

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:24:59 PM

So I probably need to ditch my new rc3 qt and use old qt to rejoin the larger block chain.  But which one? oxy? or earlier one? Anyone got download link?

Everyday, Sun rises and you are one step closer to your eventual demise.  What are you going to do today?
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:27:53 PM

So I probably need to ditch my new rc3 qt and use old qt to rejoin the larger block chain.  But which one? oxy? or earlier one? Anyone got download link?

link  some page behind here..

i downloaded old chain from zero, did not take a long.

and you cant join old chain with rc3, its a mess now.
i would use ICM dev wallet for now. that is uptodate with explorers.
trades are in maintenance..

hawaii18k

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:33:34 PM

Thanks.  I will try that.

niitassins_dad

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 03:54:45 PM

My son is taking the right decision. Crave rebrand:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182590.msg12445532#msg12445532
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:46:13 PM

Don't change the name of the currency
hawaii18k

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:00:19 PM

My son is taking the right decision. Crave rebrand:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182590.msg12445532#msg12445532

I'm not sure if you are fudding or trying very hard to piss me off....

Also, amid this confusion I will basically swap all the damn coins to a new chain, cisahasa, could you kindly enlighten me on any more vulnerability because I am caught myself in a hole...

Also, nobody updates, everybody is fucked in this chain trap, for now, switch back to the ICM Version of Crave....

It's not a rebrand, it a rebirth BTW

I don't know the reason for your persistent attempt to switch over into new algo, but your credibility has been tarnished due to recent rc3 fiasco.   Community will probably resist your next move.

Why not just fix the problem for now.  Stick to icm qt for now and postpone the new forking until rc3 is properly fixed.  No crashing. No unintended forking.   Let not your hard work go to waste.

When that is done, however slow it maybe, you can dish out your new grand plan.  Earn credibility, Earn respect.

Everyone makes mistakes.  Difference is some learns from it.  Perfection comes with price.

Thanks for your Crave efforts!!

*edit 
Btw, I did like new qt when it worked.  Small memory foot print and not resources heavy.  Good for my old mn pc.

CryptoVote

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:04:29 PM

I don't know the reason for your persistent attempt to switch over into new algo, but your credibility has been tarnished due to recent rc3 fiasco.   Community will probably resist your next move.

Why not just fix the problem for now.  Stick to icm qt for now and postpone the new forking until rc3 is properly fixed.  No crashing. No unintended forking.   Let not your hard work go to waste.

When that is done, however slow it maybe, you can dish out your new grand plan.  Earn credibility, Earn respect.

Everyone makes mistakes.  Difference is some learns from it.  Perfection comes with price.

Thanks for your Crave efforts!!

*edit  
Btw, I did like new qt when it worked.  Small memory foot print and not resources heavy.  Good for my old mn pc.

I think our problem was a lack of testing and an necessary rush to deploy a new version.  I never understood the urgency. Coordinating a fork takes time and requires community acceptance/cooperation.  Unless there is a zero day exploit, we should never rush to deploy new, untested code.

I think the Crave urge market version was a good release:
https://github.com/laptoptip/crave/releases/download/v2015.08.28/crave-urge-32.7z

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: