Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:04:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it just me or is everyone else sick of the block size debate?  (Read 946 times)
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 06:13:05 PM

from my limited knowledge of bitcoin it seems to me that the block size will need to increase. But either way if they increase it or dont it would be nice to get it over and done with now.  I cant see any end to this debate and its seriously hurting bitcoins value and reputation. if it wasnt for the fact that im already holding btc i wouldnt go near it with a barge pole and most non bitcoiners im sure will feel the same way. If bitcoin was on the way to mass adoption then its stalled for now.

To sum it up can we just get this over and done with?

Brad Harrison

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:13:44 PM

I am sick of it bitcoin should just be free of all drama

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:14:45 PM

Not really. Whatever change is made it needs to really be discussed and not everyone will be happy about it... There will always be discussion.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:16:33 PM

Wasn't the whole point of the 'split' to move away from the stalemate situation?

Ultimately though the debate will continue on and on.

helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 06:18:19 PM

So how long is this going to go on for? the longer its debated the more harm it seems to be doing.

madjules007

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:19:17 PM

Not really. Whatever change is made it needs to really be discussed and not everyone will be happy about it... There will always be discussion.

I've seen a lot of discussion, but I haven't really seen any good reason not to increase the block size. That seems completely out the question if bitcoin is ever to become useful for transferring value. A more robust network (more users, more transactions) should be something sought after and planned for. So we need to deal with it.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:30:25 PM

SICK?

I Just dumped all my 30+ Bitcoins...

Its obvious to me that Bitcoin is NOT gonna be it!

When you look at the charts I think the BTC dump could start every day...

madjules007

Activity: 400

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:32:38 PM

SICK?

Did ya miss all of 2014? Tongue

Clearly we have been down-trending for the past month or so..... but I wouldn't get all doom and gloom. The biggest resistance area (volume and pivot-wise) of the entire bear trend since late 2013 was at sub-$240. So as long as we consolidate above it, I could easily see this is a base for a strong rally. In fact, once this damn debate is resolved and we move past the fork, I think we might rally HARD....

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:35:25 PM

So how long is this going to go on for? the longer its debated the more harm it seems to be doing.

Until consensus is reached.

With the release of XT I suspect that things will come to a head over the next couple of weeks.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:59:37 PM

SICK?

+1
50+ BTC sitting on exchange with stop loss set.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 07:07:26 PM

It was getting a bit much earlier on but over the past week or so there has been more 'solid' proposals and or suggestions coming forward and its now actually starting to look like we have some very good proposals on the table.

Its now no longer just about the fact of whether it should be done or not but more about how it should be done.

I just hope that every proposal/suggestion is given proper scrutiny and that the best of each is taken to come up with a 'model' that will be best for bitcoin in the long term.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:08:30 PM

from my limited knowledge of bitcoin it seems to me that the block size will need to increase. But either way if they increase it or dont it would be nice to get it over and done with now.  I cant see any end to this debate and its seriously hurting bitcoins value and reputation. if it wasnt for the fact that im already holding btc i wouldnt go near it with a barge pole and most non bitcoiners im sure will feel the same way. If bitcoin was on the way to mass adoption then its stalled for now.

I agree the whole debate is ridiculous, we should have increased the block size weeks ago and be done with it. The  whole debate is only making drama and splitting the bitcoin community.
El Emperador

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:12:55 PM

I cant see any end to this debate and its seriously hurting bitcoins value and reputation.
Don't worry this debate is intra community. New people buying bitcoin don't even know about XT and block size.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
forlackofabettername

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:14:13 PM

I cant see any end to this debate and its seriously hurting bitcoins value and reputation.
Don't worry this debate is intra community. New people buying bitcoin don't even know about XT and block size.

Well, it's on BBC in the newsticker ...

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud"
  -- Nassim Taleb
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

Activity: 1120

https://cryptoworld.io

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 07:24:07 PM

Well, it's on BBC in the newsticker ...
Me too I think that lots of people that have BTC, don't know nothing about NX, blocksize and how bitcoin works

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
          __███████████████_      █████         █████          █████           █████
       _█████████████████████      █████         █████        █████           █████
     _███████¯¯¯     ¯¯██████       █████         █████      █████           █████
   _██████¯            ¯████¯        █████         █████    █████           █████
  ██████¯                             █████          ██████████            █████
 ██████                               █████          ██████████            █████
 █████                                 █████         ██████████            █████
█████                                  █████          ████████            █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████            █████    
█████                                   █████          ██████          █████    
 █████                                  █████          ██████          █████
 ██████                                 █████          ██████        █████
  ██████_                                █████         ██████        █████
   ¯██████_            _████_            █████        ████████       █████
     ¯███████___     __██████            █████      █████  █████     █████
       ¯█████████████████████             █████    █████    █████   █████
          ¯¯███████████████¯               ████████████      ███████████
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 07:52:38 PM

It's logical for any kind of major change, especially one that has several distinct sides with wildly different opinions, to trigger discussion, debate and complaints especially when coupled with influential Bitcoin community members taking different sides as well as expressing opinions or taking some sort of stance regarding the other side. However, if you feel you are tired of such debate and have nothing to add/correct/suggest, feel free to refer to my post I made on a trollish thread in Meta:

-snip-

Anyway, seems like the fork is drawing out the usual elements: trolls, extremists and sheep, that seem to drown any kind of legitimate discussion into one side screaming "CENSORSHIP", while the other one responding with "ALTCOIN". My stance on this debate:

fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:46:53 PM

SICK?

Not a smart move. With billions of dollars invested in bitcoin and many companies built on it, bitcoin isnt going away simply because of some block size discussion.

Now is actually a buying opportunity. After the dust settles the price is going up.

Or you can do what I'm doing and just hodling to see where the split takes us.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 08:47:45 PM

Block size debate = http://www.vuvuzela.fm/

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:16:47 PM

I am very sick of it, but it seems it won't be solved so easily. As you can see, now we have a possible division and even possible 2 different bitcoins in the future.

I know that Bitcoin has been a drama queen so far, but this seriously starts being too much! I sure hope this situation will be solved as soon as possible so we can all move on.

Good luck to us all! Smiley
forlackofabettername

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:29:48 PM

SICK?

Not a smart move. With billions of dollars invested in bitcoin and many companies built on it, bitcoin isnt going away simply because of some block size discussion.

Now is actually a buying opportunity. After the dust settles the price is going up.

Or you can do what I'm doing and just hodling to see where the split takes us.

But when does the dust settle? Not before a fork or other final drama happens. I can see double digit prices as realistic now. People should have ignored Gavin, Mike and their minions completely imo.

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud"
  -- Nassim Taleb
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: