Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:48:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Just Crashed  (Read 2941 times)
BeastBTC (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 12:11:01 AM

Wow.... bitcoin just crashed down to $200 just like that:

http://thebtcpool.com/bitcoin-fell-major-today/
Jorge320

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:20:20 AM

Reading $225...  Anybody got anything on whats happening?
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:37:01 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3hi1gs/emotions_and_uncertainty_are_at_a_high_right_now/

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:47:15 AM

Not surprising at all, especially since the news about the possible fork and XT..
rocoloko

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:52:35 AM

Not surprising at all, especially since the news about the possible fork and XT..

Already 11.6% of all nodes are XT fork.
http://xtnodes.com/

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:25:50 AM

yeah but the change hasnt happened yet though... has it?

I mean they were just discussing about the options I thought.. or am I wrong.. so what happens to the regular users who dont want XT?

lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:27:39 AM

omg, it is horrible!
luckily i did not buy any bitcoin(s) at the moment.
if i did, i would be screwd.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
willope

Activity: 366
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:44:28 AM

It's Bitfinex margin calling. Look at it on wisdom.
I am so so so so aaah.

Bought in at 280+  Grin

I dont even understand this fork thing...

Go get a job instead of wasting ur time with scams
luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:50:05 AM

It crashed for like a 1min look at the charts again...

youll see that bitnex recovered within a split sec again too.. so it was caused by a insider source or some serious manipulation.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:02:45 AM

You should know that given Bitcoin volatility, this is nothing to scream about Smiley
BeastBTC (OP)

Activity: 308

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:29:48 AM

Looking at the blockchain, when it happened, about 20-60 minutes prior 3 whales sold nearly 107,000 BTC. That is $25,266,980.00 USD
Coins168

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:31:35 AM

to late for me, i bought at 270 now its down.
ill just wait for it to recover and maybe sell
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:33:15 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 04:24:56 PM by btccashacc

i late to sell my bitcoin  Cry

i have only 0.3btc if i sell it at price 350 i will buy back at 160 and i can get double >_<
mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 03:13:14 AM

I managed to make a small profit, but this kind of volatility is bad PR...
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:14:17 AM

Well in May I wrote in several Economics -> Speculation threads that BTC would rise from the low $200s to $315, then it would crash back down to eventually below $150 (and probably to double-digits) no later than sometime after October.

I reiterated these points over the past weeks in the Economics -> Speculation -> PnF and Economics -> Speculation -> Free Money threads. Even a few hours before the crash I reiterated these points again that everyone should have been short since $315.

The bottom in the BTC price will come in Spring 2016, and it will be back below $100, perhaps even below $50.

After that, we will start a new bull market that will make investors rich.

If you weren't dumb, you'd learn to stop ignoring me. You'd be clicking my Profile and reading all my archive of posts.

But you are dumb and lazy, so you won't do that. And so you will remain ignorant. And I sort of like that, don't you?

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:39:58 AM

Well in May I wrote in several Economics -> Speculation threads that BTC would rise from the low $200s to $315, then it would crash back down to eventually below $150 (and probably to double-digits) no later than sometime after October.

I reiterated these points over the past weeks in the Economics -> Speculation -> PnF and Economics -> Speculation -> Free Money threads. Even a few hours before the crash I reiterated these points again that everyone should have been short since $315.

The bottom in the BTC price will come in Spring 2016, and it will be back below $100, perhaps even below $50.

After that, we will start a new bull market that will make investors rich.

If you weren't dumb, you'd learn to stop ignoring me. You'd be clicking my Profile and reading all my archive of posts.

But you are dumb and lazy, so you won't do that. And so you will remain ignorant. And I sort of like that, don't you?

But past happenings do not guarantee future happenings... You may have been right once, twice or even more times, but this does not mean you will be right this time.. Wink
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:13:34 AM

The price crash has happened because there have been several rumors about bitcoin about to be banned in New york exchange, etc. Also there have been dumpings by whales, transactions worth 25 million or maybe more. The bitcoin market has accustomed such crashes and its no big deal now, Its an awesome time to invest and I am in talks with an influential individual to purchase coins with me Wink
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:28:22 AM

The price crash has happened because there have been several rumors about bitcoin about to be banned in New york exchange, etc. Also there have been dumpings by whales, transactions worth 25 million or maybe more. The bitcoin market has accustomed such crashes and its no big deal now, Its an awesome time to invest and I am in talks with an influential individual to purchase coins with me Wink

Strange how we keep hearing that as the price of bitcoin continues to go lower and lower.

Goes well with "this the bottom, buy now its the end of cheap coins"

I think we'll <$100 sooner or later.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:42:54 AM

Strange how we keep hearing that as the price of bitcoin continues to go lower and lower.

Yes it may go to double digits soon because bitcoin prices are controlled by any government or big institution. So insiders can do all these manipulations
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:50:09 AM

Yes it may go to double digits soon because bitcoin prices are controlled by any government or big institution. So insiders can do all these manipulations
such
nah. study the markets, there are a lot of btc trades going on constantly, they might be able to manipulate markets but once btc goes anywhere below 150$, people will leave and that isn't good for such insiders. The whales won't manipulate the market in such a way. Also, the price fall has happened due to bitcoin Xt. Google about it, I think the project needs to be killed asap or the btc will be divided into 2 parts Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: