Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:53:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's have a little fun then, shall we.  (Read 6394 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:56:08 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2012, 03:45:36 PM by MPOE-PR

As part of its ongoing efforts to blablabla and all that, MPEx is happy to offer interested users the following arrangement: any forum participant with a post count of at least 100 who changes their signature to

BTC doesn't care about the SEC. MPEx rules!

will receive his post count * 0.001 BTC at the end of one month, provided he doesn't switch his signature in the meanwhile.

Please post here with your new signature so we can have dates. Include payment addy in that post.

And last but definitely not least: Bitcoin is here to end government. Not any particular one, just absolutely each and every last one of them. To work!

########################

THIS OFFER IS NOW CLOSED

########################

Will not lock the thread, but no further offers accepted past post #28. Thanks all, and will update with payments.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:58:24 AM

Done. No payment required.
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 03:06:10 AM

As part of its ongoing efforts to blablabla and all that, MPEx is happy to offer interested users the following arrangement: any forum participant with a post count of at least 100 who changes their signature to

will receive his post count * 0.001 BTC at the end of one month, provided he doesn't switch his signature in the meanwhile.

Please post here with your new signature so we can have dates. Include payment addy in that post.

And last but definitely not least: Bitcoin is here to end government. Not any particular one, just absolutely each and every last one of them. To work!
Hmm... 1200 * 0.001 = 1.2 BTC. My sig sold for 0.7 BTC last month. Just 1 week until I can change it.

Too bad about all those facts...
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 05:32:21 PM

1) Is it post count when we start advertising, or post count at the end of the month?

2) Are we allowed to change our signature at all, provided your text remains the same?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 05:38:40 PM

Ok, I'll bite. I might even sell my soul for bitcoins.

How does my signature look? did I get it right?

1MksEPQNAuo1SVDCbKrKJGfn2bkiXx6Zbz

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 05:45:15 PM

Done.  Use the address in my signature.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 05:48:09 PM

I dont see it?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:40:00 PM

I dont see it?

I do...

I'm not sure which you mean, but both the ad phase and an address are in my signature.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 09:00:51 PM

Ad and addy in my sig.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:48:46 PM

Atlas - Thanks!

mlawrence - Post count at the end of the period. You're allowed to change the signature, provided the text remains there at all points.

bitcoinbear - Yep.

notme - The quoted text goes in the signature, the address goes in the post. Check out bitcoinbear above.

TheButterZone - Cool!

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:15:05 PM

Good deal. Can we change the address later?
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:16:55 PM

I dont see it?

I do...

I'm not sure which you mean, but both the ad phase and an address are in my signature.
On most browsers, the signature cuts off at 42px (3 lines).
notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:19:29 PM

Done.  Use the address in my signature.

I dont see it?

I do...

On most browsers, the signature cuts off at 42px (3 lines).

Okay, thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy.  I'll remove the empty line.

Edit: Better now MPOE-PR?

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 11:45:00 PM

bitcoinbitcoin113 - Nah, you'll get paid at the address of record as shown by this article (so please post it). Trying to keep things manageable.

notme - That works, for a signature. Still need to post your address.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:07:35 AM

bitcoinbitcoin113 - Nah, you'll get paid at the address of record as shown by this article (so please post it). Trying to keep things manageable.

notme - That works, for a signature. Still need to post your address.

Fine.... copying from signature... pasting....
12jh3odyAAaR2XedPKZNCR4X4sebuotQzN

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:19:46 AM

This thread has taught me how cheaply people will sell out. I honestly don't think I had anything to say about MPEx, positively, or negatively, but isn't it kind of in bad taste to be so brazenly enjoying the fact that GLBSE is down? Sure, its your competition, but you are kind of rubbing it into the people who may have lost their asses using GLBSE. Nefario did his fair share of pissing me off, mostly with the goat ordeal, but I think it kind of hurts your case that you are not a jerk when doing these "publicity stunts". I don't pay too much attention to what people say about others, until I witness it myself, but over the last day or so, I've gone a bit left of impartial towards you.

Just telling it as I see it, I'm not trying to get personal or anything, but you may want to rethink some of these sorts of things, or at the very least, change your timing a bit, as I'm sure if someone that may have lost a decent sum of money came in here, they will be more offended than feeling ready to support MPEx.

but, for the record, I lost no money in the GLBSE closing, as I cashed out during the Goat ordeal.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 03:26:03 AM

@ MPOE-PR - It would be pleasing if you could change the text to something that doesn't flaunt in front of the SEC.  If your really about the Bitcoin community, you will understand why I am making this request.  Do we really want more resources and people with a "chip on their shoulders" to push down harder?

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:31:32 AM

Done and the address is 1C1UMHsdPxgsWGWBhdaTC47kibJjFgWnhb

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:37:17 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2016, 05:41:22 AM by cunicula

deleted
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:00:59 AM

Well. BTC is just cryptocash. It doesn't care about anything Wink

And FWIW, when someone predicts (generally) an outcome of a competitor's unsound business practices, and the prediction is later found to be correct, the predictor is often motivated  to tout the business practices that he uses that are superior to the (failed) competitor.

I have been a supporter of MPEx for precisely the reason that we see before us. I'm not concerned about my holdings, as Mircea has an apparently significant financial motivation to remain honest, and continue to grow the exchange. I am of the opinion that the practices that differentiate MPEx from the late GLBSE are highly worth touting, especially given that the practices followed by GLBSE have caused its demise, and likely, significant grief and losses for investors.

In most cases, we find that dramatic changes in technology take some significant time before proper laws are written to support it. I expect that time to be fairly long with bitcoin...it took a long time with the commercial Internet, and each big technology it's spawned.

I'd like to be able to invest safely and securely while that process takes place. I'm happy to take risk on the companies I invest in, but I'm not as willing to take on the risk of government confiscation of any of my assets, be they bitcoin, altcoin, stocks, bonds, investment contracts, "bank" accounts, or what ever.....It does seem that bitcoin offers the basis for technologies that can end the needs for government. If we can figure out how to manage money without it, we can manage everything without it, IMO.

Oh, and send munneh to my OTC addy please: 1GUruvanCg4gS62XCeD9VbCzJhT1cyn2a3

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: