Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Not Add A ' TIP BUTTON ' ?  (Read 1235 times)
ashfaq (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:43:02 PM

Hey guys i was wondering why isint there any tip option on the forum ?
I mean if you like someone's service ,post, opinions or any other actions then you can tip him and which is public.
share your opinions. Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 05:49:05 PM

good idea but this forum isnt even hackproof. it was hacked 3-4 times  Roll Eyes

maybe in the next forum...

ashfaq (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:52:25 PM

what do you mean by next forum ?
do you mean update ?

Saruman

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

Wizard

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:54:22 PM

Yeah, it's a good idea. Untill then, use the address from user's profile page.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:55:23 PM

what do you mean by next forum ?
do you mean update ?

new forum using new forum software (no longer smf).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=167.0

I doubt they will add any new features now when the new forum is on the works.
ashfaq (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:58:50 PM

I just wanted to know your opinions guys ,i mean there is no harm in tipping 0.005 to someone who has some good qualities or has some beneficial  service etc..
' so why not VOTE for it '.

Kaneki

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:05:46 PM

Extra tip button looks like it is a good idea, but how do we send bitcoin in of this forum  Huh
ashfaq (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:08:47 PM

Maybe we should move this topic in META here -https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=167.0, so that ADMIN might look at it and express his opinions or think of a way to do it .

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 06:11:20 PM

I think it could be a nice addition too. But it is likely a lot of work and, in the end, most people would not likely tip...

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:14:53 PM

Extra tip button looks like it is a good idea, but how do we send bitcoin in of this forum  Huh

This should not be that hard to implement. I envision this to work like this: Tips will be linked with user BTC address, you will need to manually set this.
Every user who wish to receive TIPS will have TIP button, preferably under their avatar, this option will be available only for Full Members and above.
ashfaq (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:18:57 PM

This should not be that hard to implement. I envision this to work like this: Tips will be linked with user BTC address, you will need to manually set this.
Every user who wish to receive TIPS will have TIP button, preferably under their avatar, this option will be available only for Full Members and above.
I too think like that and it should not be that hard to implement ,after all its just an option not a new software but i recommend the tip option to be available for people above Jr.Member or at least from MEMBER.
because these people can also have some good service or knowledge or opinions..anything ...etc.. so they should be tipped if deserved.

Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:19:38 PM

I mean if you like someone's service ,post, opinions or any other actions then you can tip him and which is public.

It does sound like a good idea but I have spoke to escrows and have dealt with myself always giving tips, turns out that the other party does not usualy do the same and they tell me very rarely do they give tips. Saying that I believe it is highly doubtful that much tips would be given.

ashfaq (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:23:23 PM

It does sound like a good idea but I have spoke to escrows and have dealt with myself always giving tips, turns out that the other party does not usualy do the same and they tell me very rarely do they give tips. Saying that I believe it is highly doubtful that much tips would be given.
It dosent matters how much tips would be in circulation that is also not the point but there are many like minded and quality preferring people who would like this option.
It can also be for Moderators ,if they are good at their service.

ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:00:10 PM

It sounds like a good idea, but I suspect theymos wouldn't be interested in implementing it mostly because it requires the forum to hold money on behalf of others. If he somehow lost control of the funds, would he be liable to pay back all lost funds? I don't think he'd want to get mixed up in something like that. Also, if the website started to hold bitcoin (although it would probably be a small amount per user, but there are well over 500k users on the site) it would become a bigger target for hackers if there is a monetary incentive.

Tips don't seem to be sent very much (once and awhile on /r/Bitcoin, but not very often from what I've seen), and for the amount of work it would be to implement something like that and try to secure it all I don't think it would be worth it. The current situation of sending a tip to the address listed on a user's profile seems easy enough for me.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
ashfaq (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:26:14 PM

It sounds like a good idea, but I suspect theymos wouldn't be interested in implementing it mostly because it requires the forum to hold money on behalf of others. If he somehow lost control of the funds, would he be liable to pay back all lost funds? I don't think he'd want to get mixed up in something like that. Also, if the website started to hold bitcoin (although it would probably be a small amount per user, but there are well over 500k users on the site) it would become a bigger target for hackers if there is a monetary incentive.
Yeah that is some good point from you but he can think of something different to add that option ,like what if you can reward points instead of coins and you have to buy/sell points from theymos ,so what if hackers stole all the points ...it is pointless lolll.
People dont tip because they it want plain and simple ,think of an extra option beside reply button,that is very simple and also more convincing than any other tip options.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:48:22 PM

Tips don't seem to be sent very much (once and awhile on /r/Bitcoin, but not very often from what I've seen), and for the amount of work it would be to implement something like that and try to secure it all I don't think it would be worth it. The current situation of sending a tip to the address listed on a user's profile seems easy enough for me.
What are you talking about? Why even forum need to hold money from tips in the first place? I will be p2p tip service.
If you state your BTC address in the options, you will gain tip button, and then all tips will be send to you directly.
There is no need for forum moderation over this feature.
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:52:49 PM

What are you talking about? Why even forum need to hold money from tips in the first place? I will be p2p tip service.
If you state your BTC address in the options, you will gain tip button, and then all tips will be send to you directly.
That's basically how it works now, minus the tip button. Instead, you go to a user's profile, copy the bitcoin address they have listed and send the funds there. Like I mentioned before, I don't think it would be worth it to implement a tip button to save a couple of seconds when a) tips are rarely sent around here and b) users can already put a tip address in their profile for everyone to see and send funds to if they wish to. The proposed tip button wouldn't make it much easier to see their public tipping address.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
steven.G999

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:58:44 PM

This suggestion was written before.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=849071.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=858848.0

The forum pay taxes from income, internal tip system would be a problematic. Theymos doesn't want to implement any tip system to the forum.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:57:06 AM

Tip button is a nice idea tho first this forum needs to be secured. Plus the idea of tip can be done if you want to, just send it to the address in their profile or better yet ask them their address and send some btcs.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 03:27:39 AM

That's basically how it works now, minus the tip button. Instead, you go to a user's profile, copy the bitcoin address they have listed and send the funds there. Like I mentioned before, I don't think it would be worth it to implement a tip button to save a couple of seconds when a) tips are rarely sent around here and b) users can already put a tip address in their profile for everyone to see and send funds to if they wish to. The proposed tip button wouldn't make it much easier to see their public tipping address.
The button could basically just be a uri link that opens up whatever bitcoin client with all of the details set (except amount) for the tip. The user just needs to enter the amount and hit send.

The difference would be instead of having to manually create the link and put it in the profile, the forum could simply make the thing automatically for users that set the address in their profile.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: