Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:24:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Hands On] Bitmain AntMiner S5+ - Notlist3d  (Read 14030 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
imagina

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:23:23 PM

Managed to purchase one! Shocked

The only thing that you've managed was to be scammed..
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:13:39 PM

yeah whoever "purchased" these were more than likely scammed, it seems pretty obvious at this point
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:47:49 PM

yeah whoever "purchased" these were more than likely scammed, it seems pretty obvious at this point

Today I received my last S5+ and I feel well like scammed from BITMAIN.
1. No aluminium body.
2. one totally broken fan.
Starin

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 07:33:58 PM

1. No aluminium body.

Interesting, can you please post pictures? They will most probably release new batch soon and people will buy it. Broken fan feels like its been used for a while, is there actually a way to learn the age of the miner (through firmware perhaps)?

notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:04:00 PM

1. No aluminium body.

Interesting, can you please post pictures? They will most probably release new batch soon and people will buy it. Broken fan feels like its been used for a while, is there actually a way to learn the age of the miner (through firmware perhaps)?

Yes please take pictures no aluminum body is very surprising.  I don't think they showed a unit without it on S5+ so please share it with us.

Mine is still working great. 
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:11:30 PM

Yes please take pictures no aluminum body is very surprising.  I don't think they showed a unit without it on S5+ so please share it with us.

mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:21:07 PM

Tupsu, man, why don't you post this in s5+ thread? not in a personal thread?

@notlist3d: Too bad that you want to keep the warranty! really wanted to see some underclock and underclock, temps, and kw consumption  Grin
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:43:49 PM

"dream box"

Tested. S5 + works with  S5 18 pin controller board.

So, buy an S5+, break it up into 3 units, and re-sell?  Is this something we're going to see happening on the used market?  Would be really cool!
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:15:06 AM

Yes please take pictures no aluminum body is very surprising.  I don't think they showed a unit without it on S5+ so please share it with us.

It looks like its aluminum but I could be wrong.  Is it the fan you were saying is not aluminum?     But yea hit up bitmain - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and get a new fan.

notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:17:22 AM

@notlist3d: Too bad that you want to keep the warranty! really wanted to see some underclock and underclock, temps, and kw consumption  Grin

Yes on this miner I want to keep warranty in tact.   Chances are I would run on spec so I don't want to ruin warranty to get specs.   If bitmain gave me permission without losing 90 day warranty I would try some other things, but I am not expecting this.
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:15:56 AM

It looks like Tupsu's last S5+ is just missing the aluminum housing around the controller board.  Is that the aluminum missing? Sucks about the fan.  Sure they will probably make good replacing it, but at what cost to downtime?

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:54:28 AM

It looks like Tupsu's last S5+ is just missing the aluminum housing around the controller board.  Is that the aluminum missing? Sucks about the fan.  Sure they will probably make good replacing it, but at what cost to downtime?

I can't tell from this angle.   You might be right the wires make it hard to tell, the controller is pretty compact so wires might be covering it up.

I'm sure he will tell us though.   And on downtime normally they don't do anything but I hope they do something for him.  But I doubt it.
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:18:11 AM

It looks like its aluminum but I could be wrong.  Is it the fan you were saying is not aluminum?     But yea hit up bitmain - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and get a new fan.

It is made of galvanized sheet steel.

notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:21:27 AM

It is made of galvanized sheet steel.

Ahh thanks for sharing.  I was looking for plastic did not think of different metal material being used.

You are right they have it on spec as "The S5+ uses an unpainted aluminum casing".   Odd that they would have mistyped that.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:06:10 AM

Still working great no issues as far the unit.  It handled that night I lost networking out there so solid unit.

All chips are working great no X's.  I am very happy to say the least about this unit.  Below is it currently running:

MinerNetwork

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 01:31:31 AM

Still working great no issues as far the unit.  It handled that night I lost networking out there so solid unit.

All chips are working great no X's.  I am very happy to say the least about this unit.  Below is it currently running:

looks very sexy Grin
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:40:53 AM

looks very sexy Grin

I am extremely happy with it.  I was worried about no network issue some had, it showed it mine does not have this from when I lost networking during middle of night.  All hashing blades work to spec not a single X or issue.   So out of 9 blades 0 issues.

I would like to know if everyone who got one is as happy as me.  If they all were such good units.  I have not seen anyone post a defective one yet online, so I'm thinking even if it was a one batch thing it was well done.
grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:08:03 AM

looks very sexy Grin

I am extremely happy with it.  I was worried about no network issue some had, it showed it mine does not have this from when I lost networking during middle of night.  All hashing blades work to spec not a single X or issue.   So out of 9 blades 0 issues.

I would like to know if everyone who got one is as happy as me.  If they all were such good units.  I have not seen anyone post a defective one yet online, so I'm thinking even if it was a one batch thing it was well done.

Yes, happy customer here, no issues it just keeps hashing. powered with 3x evga 1300's on 115

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:11:44 AM

S5+ is better built as S5.
But only S5+ problem is - broken software .
An S5+ is not working choice - Customize the fan speed percentage.

Customize the fan speed percentage-  works perfectly with S5 controller.

S5+ single with S5 controller

Fan1  2,640  Fan2  2,400   Temp 62, 62, 65  Frequency 325

Fan1  3,480  Fan2  3,480   Temp 53, 51, 55  Frequency 325
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:59:30 AM

It appears someone who posted a while back user: Meat was passing out some links that were to fake bitmain site. - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1157426.msg12228730#msg12228730  I don't know if he had one in here or not (hopefully not).

But if you did click on a link from him when he was a user I suggest changing bitmain password, or any other site if you use shared passwords (and don't do this).  Also turn on 2 factor on what ever sites you are able to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: