Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:49:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin / Altcoin Wallet (local vs hosted)  (Read 471 times)
IrateMinority (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:13:58 AM

Been with Bitcoin for awhile now, just dabbling in the Altcoin market and was curious what thoughts are on Alt Wallets.  I downloaded Doge and Litcoin but they seem really bloated and even after being installed for hours, still didn't sync up.   I'm thinking there has be be a better wallet, or not?

Isn't there a Blockchain or reliable wallet that is fast to use for Altcoins?

IM
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 04:55:38 AM

there is block.io - online wallet. you can use it for bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin. remember: a 3rd party is not really secure.

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:24:39 AM

Been with Bitcoin for awhile now, just dabbling in the Altcoin market and was curious what thoughts are on Alt Wallets.  I downloaded Doge and Litcoin but they seem really bloated and even after being installed for hours, still didn't sync up.   I'm thinking there has be be a better wallet, or not?

Isn't there a Blockchain or reliable wallet that is fast to use for Altcoins?

IM

Do u want for desktop or smartphone?

Telegram with getgems is for me the best wallet for smartphone and supports BTC aswell, it has the highest rating and is a social wallet so if u are into that it's a good choice, Android, iOS
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:08:57 PM

Try to use lightweight wallets like Electrum for Litecoin. It does not download the entire blockchain. Further, I would always prefer local wallets over hosted / online wallets.

If you just want to hold altcoin I mostly use paper wallets where I store them. If I need the coins one time, I download the appropriate client, import the private key and transfer my coins.
IrateMinority (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:31:14 PM

My use is mainly for desktop.  I got the Lightcoin-QT client finally downloaded.  The Dogecoin is taking a lot longer.  In any case, I got some options to play with. 

Thanks for the feeback.

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:35:20 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:56:59 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: