Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2024, 11:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin / Altcoin Wallet (local vs hosted)  (Read 483 times)
IrateMinority (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:13:58 AM

Been with Bitcoin for awhile now, just dabbling in the Altcoin market and was curious what thoughts are on Alt Wallets.  I downloaded Doge and Litcoin but they seem really bloated and even after being installed for hours, still didn't sync up.   I'm thinking there has be be a better wallet, or not?

Isn't there a Blockchain or reliable wallet that is fast to use for Altcoins?

IM
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 04:55:38 AM

there is block.io - online wallet. you can use it for bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin. remember: a 3rd party is not really secure.

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:24:39 AM

Been with Bitcoin for awhile now, just dabbling in the Altcoin market and was curious what thoughts are on Alt Wallets.  I downloaded Doge and Litcoin but they seem really bloated and even after being installed for hours, still didn't sync up.   I'm thinking there has be be a better wallet, or not?

Isn't there a Blockchain or reliable wallet that is fast to use for Altcoins?

IM

Do u want for desktop or smartphone?

Telegram with getgems is for me the best wallet for smartphone and supports BTC aswell, it has the highest rating and is a social wallet so if u are into that it's a good choice, Android, iOS
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:08:57 PM

Try to use lightweight wallets like Electrum for Litecoin. It does not download the entire blockchain. Further, I would always prefer local wallets over hosted / online wallets.

If you just want to hold altcoin I mostly use paper wallets where I store them. If I need the coins one time, I download the appropriate client, import the private key and transfer my coins.
IrateMinority (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:31:14 PM

My use is mainly for desktop.  I got the Lightcoin-QT client finally downloaded.  The Dogecoin is taking a lot longer.  In any case, I got some options to play with. 

Thanks for the feeback.

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:35:20 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:56:59 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: