Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:28:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For the Next 48 Hours I'm Giving Away My Bitcoin Book for $1  (Read 1082 times)
Paleus (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 122

www.diginomics.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 05:11:50 AM

use code 'bitcointalk'

Hey guys,

I've decided to release my book on bitcoin entitled Bitcoin: An Internet of Money for $1 for the next 48 hours to the bitcointalk community.

This publication is essentially the culmination of some of my work into the bitcoin space, and is an attractive piece for bitcoin enthusiasts, investors, entrepreneurs, writers, and researchers. If you are someone who wishes to gain an understanding not just of bitcoin, but the larger trend towards decentralization and digital money, this book is for you.

The book begins by examining the basics of bitcoin, then gets into the political-economics implications of the separation between the state and money. This transformation is one which will cause massive implications on the way we work and live. Anyone who purchases a copy of this book will get newer versions as they are released.

Click Here to Download

Note: There is an opt-in checkbox for our email list on the checkout page. We will not spam you or share your information with anyone. If you are on our email list, you will receive semi-regular updates about our content. If you would like not to be on this list, uncheck the box.

If you would like to send a bitcoin tip so that we may continue to curate publications such as this, you can do so by sending to this address: 18dDdaNSRXVgqkwPtKvFRf5Wcit42K1BbL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:22:42 AM

Cool cover
And, how to get the book for $1? Should I PM you first?

faucet used to be profitable
Paleus (OP)

www.diginomics.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 05:36:48 AM

Cool cover

Thanks for the complement. I spent WAY too much time putting the cover together.

If you use the coupon code 'bitcointalk', you will get a 90% discount bringing your total down to $1.

Jeremycoin
Legendary

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:51:01 AM

Cool cover

Thanks for the complement. I spent WAY too much time putting the cover together.

If you use the coupon code 'bitcointalk', you will get a 90% discount bringing your total down to $1.
Oh I see, Thx Wink

monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:48:50 AM

I've decided to release my book on bitcoin entitled Bitcoin: An Internet of Money for $1 for the next 48 hours to the bitcointalk community.

Priced in USD... oh the irony  Grin
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:59:43 AM

Why it asks me to fill my name and family name and phone number when I try to checkout ? I'am using Bitcoin as payment method so logically it shouldn't ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 08:37:28 AM

no, thanks

harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:34:37 AM

What's that funny '$' character in front of the 10 in the checkout page. Oh ... wait. I remember that ...
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:46:05 AM

Can anyone who bought this comment on the content of the book? Is it a good read and well written?

Always nice to see more about bitcoin Smiley
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:48:48 AM

Why it asks me to fill my name and family name and phone number when I try to checkout ? I'am using Bitcoin as payment method so logically it shouldn't ?
If you pay with Bitcoin, you can fill in a random bogus name, and perhaps even a random bogus email (or a temporary disposable address like OmegaStarScream@mailinator.com) as you're getting the book as a download link in the order process.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:51:34 AM

How can we know what we are getting? In physical libraries you can open the book and see what you are getting, with digital books you never know.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:14:40 PM

How can we know what we are getting? In physical libraries you can open the book and see what you are getting, with digital books you never know.

Because if you weren't a spammer looking to get paid for your paid signature, you would look that at the site you can take a look at a few pages.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Jeremycoin
Legendary

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:03:25 PM

How to re-download the book?
I'd order the book without loging in to an account first

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:15:04 PM

Better option would be as free E book, I think there is not so many people, who are ready to spend 1 USD to buy this E book  Wink
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 02:22:53 PM

I think you'd find a lot more people interested in buying your book for $1 if they could pay using Bitcoin, especially on here. I'm not familiar with the website you're using, I imagine you have to use a card for the purchase? Anyways good luck!
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:33:35 PM

I think you'd find a lot more people interested in buying your book for $1 if they could pay using Bitcoin, especially on here. I'm not familiar with the website you're using, I imagine you have to use a card for the purchase? Anyways good luck!

Yeah, whats the point of making a Bitcoin book if you are going to sell it with the regular currency? To help Bitcoin usage if not exclusively sold on BTC I would at least accept BTC payments, just set an address, dont even need Bitpay.
Paleus (OP)

www.diginomics.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 02:46:10 PM

Yeah, whats the point of making a Bitcoin book if you are going to sell it with the regular currency? To help Bitcoin usage if not exclusively sold on BTC I would at least accept BTC payments, just set an address, dont even need Bitpay.

The book is available for purchase with bitcoin.

If you are curious as to what the book entails. Read an excerpt here: Bitcoin Will End the Nation State

Paleus (OP)

www.diginomics.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 08:35:03 PM

Still 24 hours to get your copy!

Hope everyone is enjoying it thus far.

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:05:04 PM

I think you'd find a lot more people interested in buying your book for $1 if they could pay using Bitcoin, especially on here.
You can!

I'm not familiar with the website you're using, I imagine you have to use a card for the purchase?
Assumption is the mother of all f*ckups Wink

Give it a try, you can pay with Bitcoin. I think it's even the default option (as it should be, it makes more sense than any other payment method).

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 04:52:51 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 05:43:41 AM by ObscureBean

Assumption is the mother of all f*ckups Wink

Hehe well then, I guess humanity is going down the drain, both science and religion would not exist without assumptions  Grin
Given the context (nature of the offering, posted on a crypto forum), logic dictates, one of the most basic things the op should be clear about is whether BTC is an accepted method of payment. To expect people to find that out for themselves does not make sense because this is a promotion and you'd want people to already be in possession of that piece of knowledge before they make a decision.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: