Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:20:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eutanasia?  (Read 4436 times)
cryptocoiner (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 11:09:20 AM

Belgian doctors give healthy woman, 24, green light to die by euthanasia because of 'suicidal thoughts'

Laura, 24, does not suffer from any terminal disease or physical illness
    She told doctors who assessed her condition that 'life, that's not for me'
    Five people a day currently die with the assistance of medics in Belgium
    New figures show that euthanasia numbers have jumped by a third 

Belgian doctors are planning to kill a perfectly healthy 24-year-old woman by euthanasia because she is suffering from 'suicidal thoughts'.

It is estimated that five people a day in Belgium die with the assistance of doctors, ranging from those with terminal illness to others with chronic, but not life threatening ailments.

Now, a woman, known only as the fictitious name Laura, has been told she qualifies for euthanasia, despite not having a terminal disease.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3141564/Belgian-doctors-healthy-woman-green-light-die-euthanasia-suicidal-thoughts.html

cryptocoiner (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 11:13:05 AM

Is this even normal? How do you feel about this, people?

In 2003 Belgium was the second country in the world to legalise euthanasia after Holland liberalised the law a year earlier, becoming the first country since Nazi Germany to permit the practice.

Over the past decade the numbers of Belgians dying by euthanasia has crept up incrementally.

There was a 25 per cent increase in the number of euthanasia deaths from 2011 to 2012, soaring from 1,133 to 1,432, a figure representing about two per cent of all deaths in the country.

In February Belgium extended euthanasia to children who are terminally-ill and in a state of unrelieved suffering.

altcoinhosting2

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:24:27 AM

In 2003 Belgium was the second country in the world to legalise euthanasia after Holland liberalised the law a year earlier, becoming the first country since Nazi Germany to permit the practice.

Over the past decade the numbers of Belgians dying by euthanasia has crept up incrementally.

There was a 25 per cent increase in the number of euthanasia deaths from 2011 to 2012, soaring from 1,133 to 1,432, a figure representing about two per cent of all deaths in the country.

In February Belgium extended euthanasia to children who are terminally-ill and in a state of unrelieved suffering.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but i do think it's a good thing to legalise euthanasia... Even for children..

You have the choice: non legalized euthanasia will result in people being in pain for a long time without hope for recovery because they have no legal way to end their pain PLUS an illegal circuit where MD's will euthanise people illegaly without any rules or controll mechanisms (plus some people that commit suicide, leaving a mess behind for their family members)...

On the other side you have legailised euthanasia: at least every step in the process is controlled by multiple doctors and ethical commitees, and the MD that performs the euthanasia is legally protected...

Ofcourse their will be individual cases that are debatable, but that doesn't mean that the general idear of legal euthanasia is wrong...

██████████████████████▔|▔▔|      LEDGER WALLETSecond factorMalware Proof
████████████████████▔|▔▔|
██████████████████████|▔▔| ◀◀ Smartcard based Hardware Wallet - Worldwide Shipping
Mudd

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:55:34 AM

If she was so depressed and suicidal then she would just kill herself. Not sure why people need doctors involved unless they're paralyzed or something. I agree with assisted suicide if you're unable to take your own life but not for depressed people. If they really was so depressed they wouldn't be waiting for a go ahead from doctors they'd just do it themselves asap.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:21:22 PM

She should go to a therapy talk to someone. I don't think the government or doctors should be helping healthy people die. I can understand euthanasia when the patient's brain is dead, but this is going the wrong way.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:24:05 PM

I'm very much for the right of everyone to die with dignity, but this could prove very problematic in the case of patients with diagnosed mental illnesses (such as depression or bipolar disorder) in their medical history.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:50:08 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 08:36:19 PM by BADecker

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but i do think it's a good thing to legalise euthanasia... Even for children..

You have the choice: non legalized euthanasia will result in people being in pain for a long time without hope for recovery because they have no legal way to end their pain PLUS an illegal circuit where MD's will euthanise people illegaly without any rules or controll mechanisms (plus some people that commit suicide, leaving a mess behind for their family members)...

On the other side you have legailised euthanasia: at least every step in the process is controlled by multiple doctors and ethical commitees, and the MD that performs the euthanasia is legally protected...

Ofcourse their will be individual cases that are debatable, but that doesn't mean that the general idear of legal euthanasia is wrong...

The big problem with legalization isn't the suicide part. It is the legalization part. If it is legal to do anything, then it is one step further towards it being legal to have it done to you. And when that happens, we are close to having it done to us without our permission. Legalization of anything is a step away from freedom into slavery.

Of course, in the United States we are way closer to this than most people think. Here's what I mean.

Over the whole of the 1900s, governments and government people of the world executed about 200,000,000 of their own citizens. In the United States, the common people executed about 50,000,000 of their own fellow citizens through abortion.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:40:43 PM

I'm very much for the right of everyone to die with dignity, but this could prove very problematic in the case of patients with diagnosed mental illnesses (such as depression or bipolar disorder) in their medical history.

Agreed...but even if diagnosed with illness, does it make sense for the government to have the right to make that decision?  If we can't make that choice, then we are living life on someone elses terms, and that would likely only increase the drive to commit suicide.

Of course there should be some questioning and perhaps a lag between requesting euthanasia and having it done, to allow the person to seriously think about whether or not that is what they really want.  But at the end of the day, if someone wants to end their life, they shouldn't have to require permission from a stranger.

The other part is that we always have the option to commit suicide, if euthanasia is not an option.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:35:05 AM

I've met some disturbed people along the lines of my life and I can tell you one thing. No one was broken beyond repair.
Usually they lack something basic to be fully happy, they haven't met someone special for them or they can't understand something.
Death is final. That is the end, there won't be second chance for us. Usually suicidal people who live through near death experience are cured and never ever again trying to attempt suicide.
For me Euthanasia of perfectly fine human is just suicide. That is not fine and should not be done. Ever.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 01:53:11 AM

Suicide without harming* innocent third-parties is just as much of a human right as self-defense without harming* innocent third-parties. Because of suicide being ostensibly illegal, too many suicides fail and/or end up harming* innocent third-parties.

*physically, economically only, no right to not be made to experience mere emotions

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
PaoloSerBit

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:47:41 AM

If she really wanted to die she would probably find some way to kill herself withouther doctors´ help. I´m not agonst eutanasia if it regards people terminally ill who´re suffering much, under the condition they accept to be euthanized, but not something like that.

https://cryptoins.com/es/ - Un Exchange muy bueno
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1580

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 12:48:04 PM

That's not even euthanasia in the classic meaning, that's either assisted suicide (if the girl takes the final action herself) or just murder with the victim's consent.

It's just sickening. If she's suicidal, then she's probably suffering from depression, which in turn, make her incapable of making rational decisions.

There's massive disproportion between failed and successful suicide attempts, between males and females, so hopefully it's just a form of attention seeking on her part.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 12:52:38 PM

This is a very sensitive and difficult subject of which should be carried out professional and serious discussion.
Who can actually decide on euthanasia?
Each of us individually?
Doctor?
The Court?
Who has the right to decide on life and death?
If someone is depressed and thinking about suicide, he/she can also change mind and give up from the suicide, isn't it?
Such serious and irreversible decision should not be made too easy and without professional control.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:49:29 PM

Cleaning up the gene pool. Honestly, what a load of junk.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 03:27:06 PM

If she was so depressed and suicidal then she would just kill herself. Not sure why people need doctors involved unless they're paralyzed or something. I agree with assisted suicide if you're unable to take your own life but not for depressed people. If they really was so depressed they wouldn't be waiting for a go ahead from doctors they'd just do it themselves asap.

Pretty much my opinion as well I consider Euthenasia to be purely for people who are in that much pain they can't physically do anything themselves, in regards to this healthy person, they should have been helped for depression, when it comes to pro-lifers it always amazes me how much they're willing to let other people suffer just so they can pat themselves on the back and feel good about themselves.
sick of life

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:31:27 PM

The problem is that for some people with depression, At the end of the day its their life. I fully support the right to choose. But that young woman is a sad story.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:34:35 PM

Belgian doctors give healthy woman, 24, green light to die by euthanasia because of 'suicidal thoughts'

Belgian doctors are planning to kill a perfectly healthy 24-year-old woman by euthanasia because she is suffering from 'suicidal thoughts'.

It is estimated that five people a day in Belgium die with the assistance of doctors, ranging from those with terminal illness to others with chronic, but not life threatening ailments.

Now, a woman, known only as the fictitious name Laura, has been told she qualifies for euthanasia, despite not having a terminal disease.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3141564/Belgian-doctors-healthy-woman-green-light-die-euthanasia-suicidal-thoughts.html

These doctors have lost it. I would also blame the laws that allow the doctors to give the go ahead.
I hope the woman recognizes her folly and change her mind.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 09:08:53 PM

The problem with that is that it is mostly a temporary status these persons are in. Nearly every person had though about suicide already, a few even attempt it. But those who don't succeed are happy years later that they still live.

It should be mandatory to go to a lengthy therapy with doctors that don't earn from killing. That might be the only solution.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 09:13:41 PM

These doctors have lost it. I would also blame the laws that allow the doctors to give the go ahead.

These doctors have lost their sense for the Hippocratic Oath they once vowed. It says they should never harm a human. Clearly they don't fix a human by doing this.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:58:32 AM

The problem with that is that it is mostly a temporary status these persons are in. Nearly every person had though about suicide already, a few even attempt it. But those who don't succeed are happy years later that they still live.

It should be mandatory to go to a lengthy therapy with doctors that don't earn from killing. That might be the only solution.
there's a big (and i mean really big) gap between having suicidal thoughts (i think the majority of people have been here) and attempting suicide, and yet another to repeating attempts. iirc there are pretty stringent requirements for euthanasia to be given the green light (mental illness, terminal illness, etc, not looking it up right now).

I hope the woman recognizes her folly and change her mind.
i hope so too, but i would suspect there was some money involved for this case to be given the green light.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: