Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:04:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Accumulation Phase  (Read 2554 times)
g-unit (OP)

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:52:23 AM

Once the XT drama is over and we're approaching the halving, no one has ANY excuse to whine about not getting a chance to buy enough coins. We've been in the 200's for almost a year. You can only blame yourself if you aren't and/or haven't been accumulating all year.

Also, to the panickers and people spreading fud, look at bitcoinrichlist.com. Do you see any of these big dawgs selling? No. I rest my case. There's a winner and a loser in every game. Once you sell you've lost.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:58:02 AM

So far in 2015 there have been excellent buying opportunities indeed.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:10:22 PM

Once the XT drama is over and we're approaching the halving, no one has ANY excuse to whine about not getting a chance to buy enough coins. We've been in the 200's for almost a year. You can only blame yourself if you aren't and/or haven't been accumulating all year.

Also, to the panickers and people spreading fud, look at bitcoinrichlist.com. Do you see any of these big dawgs selling? No. I rest my case. There's a winner and a loser in every game. Once you sell you've lost.

I would give up trying to wary people on the fact we are on the unique opportunity to buy cheap as hell Bitcoin once again for a very long time. If you haven't been hustling BTC during all of this year an continue to do so as long as buying 1 BTC monthly is a possibility, I really really dont know what you are doing with your life.
g-unit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:22:46 PM

I would give up trying to wary people on the fact we are on the unique opportunity to buy cheap as hell Bitcoin once again for a very long time. If you haven't been hustling BTC during all of this year an continue to do so as long as buying 1 BTC monthly is a possibility, I really really dont know what you are doing with your life.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the hell you said or were trying to say. Might want to pick up an English grammar book Wink.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:23:45 PM

Just accumulate while people panic sell and talk about single digits or something

they only make things cheaper for you
g-unit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:26:23 PM

Just accumulate while people panic sell and talk about single digits or something

Exactly. Nothing like getting rich at the expense of others  Grin.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:26:29 PM

http://bitcoinrichlist.com/top100 doesn't show fully valid data.
g-unit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:31:58 PM

http://bitcoinrichlist.com/top100 doesn't show fully valid data.

Still a good indicator though. Doesn't hurt to keep an eye on it.
g-unit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:46:15 PM

Actually I've been involved since 2013, starting visiting these forums in early 2014, but never joined until 2015. Actually, it's worked out pretty well so far I must say.
Insertion

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:48:09 PM

One should be very careful while buying because "accumulate when others are panic selling" is correct only you should be a discipline buyer. You shouldn't just jump and buy all at one time because we do not know the bottom yet. If it goes to 100 level then you will loose lot of money so buy progressively to gain more profits. As of now, do not know how long it will be down just wait and see  
TYT

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:48:40 PM

Are people still complaining about not being able to buy any? I think if you haven't bought in yet a fall in price will just scare most people off. I think bitcoin price could go even lower given all the panic and confusion over the forking so if you were going to buy in maybe wait a bit.
g-unit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:52:19 PM

One should be very careful while buying because "accumulate when others are panic selling" is correct only you should be a discipline buyer. You shouldn't just jump and buy all at one time because we do not know the bottom yet. If it goes to 100 level then you will loose lot of money so buy progressively to gain more profits. As of now, do not know how long it will be down just wait and see   

I totally agree mate. I buy on a consistent regular basis but I also buy small handfuls when the price crashes a bit (like it just did). And I always leave plenty of fiat left over incase the price should crash to say $100 Smiley. I seriously doubt that will happen, but anything is possible.

Are people still complaining about not being able to buy any? I think if you haven't bought in yet a fall in price will just scare most people off. I think bitcoin price could go even lower given all the panic and confusion over the forking so if you were going to buy in maybe wait a bit.

Oh they will because they're selling so they'll become that much more bitter when the price rises. Look at kwukduck. Sold all his coins at 10 bucks back in the day.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:25:52 PM

Well to be fair, the rich dont give a crap about price lol.

If they are wealthy from the start they bought in coins or btc related services to hedge their loss I`m pretty sure.

Those who are selling is because we cant afford the risk, while they can.

zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:05:34 PM

Just keep quiet and acquire bitcoin.  Cool
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:07:52 PM

Exactly. Nothing like getting rich at the expense of others  Grin.

So where in the cycle do you buy? For the prudent investor it is not during a bull market. Instead he watches for the market to bottom out and give evidence of accumulation. There are technical ways to predict bottoms but they are not well known, (and TA gets dismissed as voodoo around here anyway Wink )

That leaves the average investor in a conundrum. Buy now or wait for lower prices that are not guaranteed? Obviously during the past down cycle waiting would have been prudent, but what if the price had gone into a new bubble May/June 2014? It totally could have but it didn't. What if Gox hadn't failed? Everyone who waited would be stuck buying back at higher prices.

The longer we stay in this range with $200-$220 as a bottom the less chance we will go below. This is because of the effect supply absorption has on the market--it prevents it from making new lows and quality absorption causes higher lows and declining trade volume--the market eventually becomes dull as selling and trading grind to a halt. Because of this activity I see on the charts, I'm a buyer at $225 every time.

If you were waiting for sub $200, that was your chance. With these buying opportunities comes low sentiment (which is why everyone wants to wait for lower prices that won't come) and they tend to last for days rather than weeks with the opportunity for really cheap coins (at the apex of the crash) lasting for minutes or hours. That is where the biggest traders build positions, during the big sell climaxes, but it is hidden to the public who are distracted with scary red bars.

"But we could slide lower due to the XT drama!" you say. That is not necessarily true. The Finex cascade ran so many stops and caused so much panic selling that if those traders and holders come to their senses and want back in, they must buy back, and do so in a market that has been stripped of sellers. The longer the market sits steady at this price, the more price will edge higher as this happens.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:40:44 PM

No problem sitting out when the price is above 150+. May start buying it if drop below 150 and will definitely buy at below 100.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 05:51:57 PM

I have brought some Bitcoins in these few days of crash so far my investment is looking good and I think that I will make a decent profit off it if the prices rise again. So till then I am hodling my Bitcoins and advice all members also to do so.

newcripto

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:28:01 PM

There is no doubt that this is golden time for buying Bitcoins.Price can go even little bit more down but all this is temporary and there will be seen a sudden price rise too in coming days.This is opportunity to make an entry point into Bitcoin's universe.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:34:27 PM

No problem sitting out when the price is above 150+. May start buying it if drop below 150 and will definitely buy at below 100.

In all honesty, if Bitcoin drops below 100 I think it would be time to jump ship. No way the price could organically drop that low unless some event took place that spelt out doomsday for Bitcoin. Buying cheap is good, but if the price gets low enough it's also a good sign that the moon is not to be achieved.
g-unit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:47:21 PM

So where in the cycle do you buy? For the prudent investor it is not during a bull market. Instead he watches for the market to bottom out and give evidence of accumulation. There are technical ways to predict bottoms but they are not well known, (and TA gets dismissed as voodoo around here anyway Wink )

That leaves the average investor in a conundrum. Buy now or wait for lower prices that are not guaranteed? Obviously during the past down cycle waiting would have been prudent, but what if the price had gone into a new bubble May/June 2014? It totally could have but it didn't. What if Gox hadn't failed? Everyone who waited would be stuck buying back at higher prices.

The longer we stay in this range with $200-$220 as a bottom the less chance we will go below. This is because of the effect supply absorption has on the market--it prevents it from making new lows and quality absorption causes higher lows and declining trade volume--the market eventually becomes dull as selling and trading grind to a halt. Because of this activity I see on the charts, I'm a buyer at $225 every time.

If you were waiting for sub $200, that was your chance. With these buying opportunities comes low sentiment (which is why everyone wants to wait for lower prices that won't come) and they tend to last for days rather than weeks with the opportunity for really cheap coins (at the apex of the crash) lasting for minutes or hours. That is where the biggest traders build positions, during the big sell climaxes, but it is hidden to the public who are distracted with scary red bars.

"But we could slide lower due to the XT drama!" you say. That is not necessarily true. The Finex cascade ran so many stops and caused so much panic selling that if those traders and holders come to their senses and want back in, they must buy back, and do so in a market that has been stripped of sellers. The longer the market sits steady at this price, the more price will edge higher as this happens.

You seem pretty experienced and I enjoyed reading your post and like your rationale. I hope you're right too man. So you don't think we'll dip below 200 because of the XT controversy? I bought at 222 recently...tried for 205 but the price was rebounding so quickly that it shot up to 222 by the time I could confirm my buy.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: