Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:41:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So What now? ฿itcoin is dead? READ  (Read 880 times)
egyproductions (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:36:02 PM

If we bitcoin remains as is, soon transactions could take up to 1 hour to confirm, meaning bitcoin will become a useless micro payment tool..

But if we choose to increase the block size bitcoin will become more centralized?

So whats the solution?

My take on it is that bitcoin should remain as is, meaning the block sizes should remain the same, and transaction confirmation time is not an issue, since bitcoin was never intended to be a quickest way to send, decentralization was the main goal, lets not forget that.
So bitcoin transactions taking hours to be confirmed is nto an issue, bitcoin is the gold of the crypto world, other alt coins that are quicker to use an more practical for micro payment situations will emerge, but bitcoin should remain as the back bone of crypto currency.

Yes quick confirmation is essential for micro payments, like buying something at a store, you don't want to wait an hour to wait until the payment is confirmed. But bitcoin is not only used for micro payments, some people use bitcoin to send money over seas, as seen with cyprus and greece, sending millions or even billions of dollars any where around the world in a number of hours doesn't sound so bad does it?

So in my opinion bitcoin should be left untouched, soon new alt coins will fill in the void space beneath bitcoin and will complete the crypto world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:49:11 PM

If we bitcoin remains as is, soon transactions could take up to 1 hour to confirm, meaning bitcoin will become a useless micro payment tool..

But if we choose to increase the block size bitcoin will become more centralized?

So whats the solution?

My take on it is that bitcoin should remain as is, meaning the block sizes should remain the same, and transaction confirmation time is not an issue, since bitcoin was never intended to be a quickest way to send, decentralization was the main goal, lets not forget that.
So bitcoin transactions taking hours to be confirmed is nto an issue, bitcoin is the gold of the crypto world, other alt coins that are quicker to use an more practical for micro payment situations will emerge, but bitcoin should remain as the back bone of crypto currency.

Yes quick confirmation is essential for micro payments, like buying something at a store, you don't want to wait an hour to wait until the payment is confirmed. But bitcoin is not only used for micro payments, some people use bitcoin to send money over seas, as seen with cyprus and greece, sending millions or even billions of dollars any where around the world in a number of hours doesn't sound so bad does it?

So in my opinion bitcoin should be left untouched, soon new alt coins will fill in the void space beneath bitcoin and will complete the crypto world.

If XT wins Bitcoin will no longer be decentralized because few people will be able to run nodes.
With LN we could have the very small transactions go through there, which sucks because ideally you would have everything in the chain with low fees but I don't see any solution for this.
In any case I would rather have a decentralized Bitcoin with higher fees.
hasmukhrawal

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:15:55 PM

May be bitcoin takes much time in confirmation but alt coins cannot find a solution to it because as i heard that alt coins have low security than bitcoins.
So what is your opinion in this.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 03:20:18 PM

Please stop spreading nonsense. If Bitcoin was dead, then there would be no delay in confirmations. Obviously if we have a huge delay (without any tests/attacks on the network), that means that Bitcoin is thriving and that the network (at the moment) can't handle all the people who are using it.

Obviously the optimal outcome is increased block size with the Lightning Network. Bitcoin would be able to handle a huge number of transactions and we could all shift our intention to more important things (politics are tiring and pointless).

Note for everybody new(incl. shills): Stop opening so many threads and ask for help in other ones/use the search button/PM someone directly (e.g. me).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 03:24:50 PM

If we bitcoin remains as is, soon transactions could take up to 1 hour to confirm, meaning bitcoin

http://bitcoinobituaries.com/

tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 03:27:13 PM

Bitcoin is Ever Green. Sooner or Later Bitcoin can over come from all the hurdles.

But we must need to support Bitcoin Core (any modification can done through Bitcoin Core only in future) to stabilize the BTC Price.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 09:48:30 PM

So whats the solution?

What's the sense of bitcoin when it is slow? Bitcoin has only a couple of advantages and you think it makes sense to take an essential one out? Only because there are usecases where you can wait some hours does not mean that the majority of the transactions are time sensitive. Bitcoin would simply be useless when you can't trust into a timely confirmation.

There is simply no good reason to cripple bitcoin artificially with 1 megabyte blocks.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:32:48 AM

Stop spreading your FUD, bitcoin isn't even close to dead, we've got more ideas and funding than ever.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 01:02:15 AM

If transactions become slower because of more use, it could go back to be used by less people, but not die.

Perhaps its future is to remain used by just a few people, just like now. But that does not mean dead.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 01:17:36 AM

If transactions become slower because of more use, it could go back to be used by less people, but not die.

Perhaps its future is to remain used by just a few people, just like now. But that does not mean dead.

Correct. I think what you're most likely to see is continued use by early adopters, but not complete death, as other currencies that don't sink into political gridlock over a tiny 1-line code change begin moving to the forefront.

The webcrawler never died, its just not as popular as it was in 1995. https://www.webcrawler.com/
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:29:01 AM

Even during the stress test my transactions came through pretty fast. Did you mean to say "If Bitcoin remains as is soon transactions without fee could take up to 1 hour to be included in a block." and "having to pay fees will make micro payments less attractive"?

I have no problem with that. Free transactions will be at the end of the queue. You get what you pay for.

I don't have a problem with it at the moment.

So whats the solution?

I guess I somewhat agree with you. Some transactions do not require as much speed as others. I say pay an higher fee for high priority transactions and a lower fee for common transactions. Bitcoin accommodates both.
kvlolo

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:17:57 PM

So whats the solution?

bitcoin will never die. 

I'm looking for the best way to keep my bitcoins growing.
maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 01:28:16 PM

no it will not die, actually since august i had 5 clients paying me in btc after my job was done Smiley

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:16:59 PM

Bitcoin is not dead. It has a strong network supporting it that gives its true intrinsic value. If digital currency is to be adopted, bitcoin will still be the number one competitor.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:11:02 PM

Do you know how many bitcoin are in transaction daily?And im pretty sure the developers will work out some solution to speed up it ,but if wont happen on the nexts years wont affect soo big as you think,bitcoin is a long term investment .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: