Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:41:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [1COP2COS] The Pre-Crowdsale/Early Sale/Seed Investor Scam aka The Bubble Scam  (Read 2359 times)
fartbags (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:14:38 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 05:20:10 PM by fartbags

The Private Pre-Crowdsale/Pre-Sale/Early-Sale/Pre-ICO/Seed Investor Scam

a.k.a. The Bubble Scam

1COP2COS

This scam is becoming more common and it's creating a bubble! It's a simple scam but requires influence to accomplish successfully.

- Make deals with developers.
- Get in early.
- Use early funds for marketing.
- Use your influence to over sell a public crowdsale.
- Use influence to further drive up price when it hits market.
- Cash out and keep some.
- Public investors are bag holding.
- Scammer is on to promote the next big thing.

Some people might not think this is a scam but it most definitely is. Some people will say it's like paying a % of total coins for "marketing" so it's not a scam.
This is a scam because the promoters are getting in earlier than the public.

The private nature of these pre-crowdsales is where the scam lies.

If the public could participate in raising funds for "marketing" then this would be transparent and not a scam.

This strategy is leading to a bubble. The Public are paying ridiculous prices for "ideas" because the people behind NEWS and etc. are telling them to buy at that price. The early investors can make large profits...

This strategy removes the ability of outside public investors to make much profits. As an outside investor you have to pay for an overvalued product in hopes that the bubbles gets even bigger! This is dangerous.

Let the public in on the "pre-sale"!

EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:17:30 PM

I agree, this is a scam

Soooooooon...............
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 11:18:35 PM

BTC is a ponzi scheme too.

This strategy removes the ability of outside public investors to make much profits. As an outside investor you have to pay for an overvalued product in hopes that the bubbles gets even bigger! This is dangerous.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
fartbags (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:20:33 PM

These big time pump n dumpers are not helping development.

They are creating a bubble in which they are already 1/2 cashed out and happy.

Raise pre-sale marketing funds from the public.

EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:20:49 PM

You are the Ponziking(dom)coin so you should know

Soooooooon...............
fartbags (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:25:09 PM

BTC is totally different from this.

Only discuss the topic in the OP here.

KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 11:28:06 PM

You are the Ponziking(dom)coin so you should know
I guess so.

BTC is totally different from this.

Only discuss the topic in the OP here.

Nope, BTC is a ponzi as well. You just gotta think about it a little bit.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:29:38 PM

This thread is one big scam full of fud.
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 11:35:08 PM

So, do we buy or we don't buy it?

We could flip a coin or two

Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 05:09:11 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 05:23:58 AM by Joint Force

When buying a Coin Offering you must pay attention to:

- The Level you are purchasing in at 1CO or ICO, 2CO, 3CO, 4CO, etc.

- The Privacy of the past levels 1COP2CO3CO = 1st coin offering private, 2nd coin offering public, 3rd coin offering public

- The Sell ability of funds to be under/over sold 1COP2COS = 1st coin offering private limited, 2nd coin offering public sell

- When the coin is available to Exchange X = Market/Exchange/Trade for USD/BTC/Crypto

- The New Coin Creation structure M = Mining

The scam described by @fartbags would be a 1COP2COS... (1st coin offering private limited, 2nd coin offering public sell, ...). It's easy to see how this is a bubble filled up by selling to the public. The 1COP can sell for below 2COS price, earn a great reward and repeat. The 2COS users are left to hold the bags in hopes of a miracle. Be careful if you see a 1COP2COS.

Here is a list of risk reward:

M = Medium Risk, High Reward
MX = Medium Risk, High Reward
1CO = Medium Risk, High Reward.
1COS = Medium-high Risk, High Reward.
1COSX = Medium Risk, High Reward.
1COP = Low Risk, High Reward.
1COM = Medium Risk, Medium Reward.
1COMX = Medium Risk, Medium Reward.
1COP2COS = High Risk, Medium Reward
1COP2COSX = Medium Risk, Medium Reward
1COP2COS3COS = High Risk, Low Reward
1COP2COP3COP4COP5COP6COP7COP8COPX = (traditional old company) High Risk, Low Reward

I like to get into coins that start with these structures:
1COS, 1CO, 1COSX, MX, M, 1COM, 1COSM, 1COSMX

The 1COP is where the scammers buy in. It's the best place to get into a coin at. The 1COPCOS is a bad place to be buying into the coin. There would have to be many things going right for me to get into a 1COPCOS. The 1COP2COSX is another way to get in if you feel you missed out on the most amazing thing ever.

Always find/make a coin offering string, as described above, before buying into a crowd funding style crypto.

fartbags (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:40:06 PM

When buying a Coin Offering you must pay attention to:

- The Level you are purchasing in at 1CO or ICO, 2CO, 3CO, 4CO, etc.

- The Privacy of the past levels 1COP2CO3CO = 1st coin offering private, 2nd coin offering public, 3rd coin offering public

- The Sell ability of funds to be under/over sold 1COP2COS = 1st coin offering private limited, 2nd coin offering public sell

- When the coin is available to Exchange X = Market/Exchange/Trade for USD/BTC/Crypto

- The New Coin Creation structure M = Mining

The scam described by @fartbags would be a 1COP2COS... (1st coin offering private limited, 2nd coin offering public sell, ...). It's easy to see how this is a bubble filled up by selling to the public. The 1COP can sell for below 2COS price, earn a great reward and repeat. The 2COS users are left to hold the bags in hopes of a miracle. Be careful if you see a 1COP2COS.

Here is a list of risk reward:

M = Medium Risk, High Reward
MX = Medium Risk, High Reward
1CO = Medium Risk, High Reward.
1COS = Medium-high Risk, High Reward.
1COSX = Medium Risk, High Reward.
1COP = Low Risk, High Reward.
1COM = Medium Risk, Medium Reward.
1COMX = Medium Risk, Medium Reward.
1COP2COS = High Risk, Medium Reward
1COP2COSX = Medium Risk, Medium Reward
1COP2COS3COS = High Risk, Low Reward
1COP2COP3COP4COP5COP6COP7COP8COPX = (traditional old company) High Risk, Low Reward

I like to get into coins that start with these structures:
1COS, 1CO, 1COSX, MX, M, 1COM, 1COSM, 1COSMX

The 1COP is where the scammers buy in. It's the best place to get into a coin at. The 1COPCOS is a bad place to be buying into the coin. There would have to be many things going right for me to get into a 1COPCOS. The 1COP2COSX is another way to get in if you feel you missed out on the most amazing thing ever.

Always find/make a coin offering string, as described above, before buying into a crowd funding style crypto.

LOL! So much to read. In short... No don't buy much, if any, of a crowdsale that has previously had a private pre-crowdsale.

fartbags (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:03:20 PM

This scam used in conjuction with The ICO/Pre-sale/Crowd-sale/Crowd-funding "Marketing Scam"

and with

The "self sale" ICO scam can have devastating effects.

Transparency of all raised funds is necessary to prevent a bubble that destroys public investors.

fartbags (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:42:44 PM

An important thing to note about this scam is they rely on the argument that the early funds were required. This argument does not justify a private limited coin offering. Initial funds should be raised through the public. This would give the same private investors the ability to invest into the project.

If these same private investors are not willing to invest with the public then it proves this is an over valued bubble that no one should be investing in.

If the smart investors who know about this technology aren't willing to invest with the public then you should take their advice and not invest with the public either. Don't end up a bag holder wishing on shooting stars while the early investors are cashed out with lots of profits and moving on to the next project.

prospecta

Activity: 729

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:00:14 PM

So you're saying don't buy ICO's?

What a revelation!  Roll Eyes

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:02:37 PM

What a revelation!  Roll Eyes

LOL, yeah dont buy icos... just mine overpriced coins, have bills to pay that come in the mail from mining and all that.
Sounds fun.

I'll stick to my ico's and not worrying about the electricity bill when it comes in.
prospecta

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:28:30 PM

LOL, yeah dont buy icos... just mine overpriced coins, have bills to pay that come in the mail from mining and all that.
Sounds fun.

I'll stick to my ico's and not worrying about the electricity bill when it comes in.

You don't buy ICO's though, you create ICO's.

Big difference.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:48:38 PM

Sounds fun.

You don't buy ICO's though, you create ICO's.

Big difference.

That's not ture, but let's assume for a minute that is was.
Assuming it was true are you telling me that you cant buy into said ico and sell for a profit?
prospecta

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:12:40 PM

That's not ture, but let's assume for a minute that is was.
Assuming it was true are you telling me that you cant buy into said ico and sell for a profit?

Depends on the ICO, but pure maths states you'll lose a lot more on ICO's than you'll make in the current climate, i.e for every success theres 9 failures sort of thing.  How is the average pleb supposed to identify the less than 10% that may stand a chance of rising after trading begins?

Let's not forget how before CIRC you were all up in VIRAL's ass, how did that go?

Simple fact is that mining new coins, or buying new ICO's is currently a mugs game unless you're an insider such as yourself.  I am impressed you guys are keeping CIRC so far above ICO price for so long though.  Means you'll have a healthy stash of sheep ready to buy your next VIRAL.

If you think I'm against you you've got me all wrong, I've got no problem with the way you make BTC.  I merely came here to point out the ridiculousness of an entire post warning against buying ICO's.  If I had more motivation I'd be right there banging out scam ICO's alongside you.

Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 12:04:16 AM

An ICO is something I would invest in if I liked the product. An ICO = Initial Coin Offering. The I standing for Initial in ICO and the 1 stands for 1st in 1CO. Pay attention to the coin offering string!

There's a massive difference between an ICO or 1CO and a 1COP2COS. The 1COP2COS (1st coin offering private limited, 2nd coin offering public sell) is this bubble scam that @fartbags is addressing.

Many new projects are hiding behind titles like Crowd Sale and Token Sale. They then get called ICOs by uninformed buyers even though they're not an initial coin offering. They're a second coin offering.

Make sure you know the Coin Offering String (described above) b4 buying any crowd sale type of token. By distinguishing crowd sales on the coin offering string metrics you can pick the most low risk and high reward coins!

prospecta

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:08:31 AM

It's all the same shit at the end of the day no matter how you try and acronym it up, a crowdfund aka donation to the dev team.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: