Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:30:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have $10 in Bitcoin. What coin should I invest in?  (Read 4901 times)
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:33:31 AM

Save the bitcoin and don't buy any altcoin.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:55:33 AM

R3D looks interesting and still in ICO phase..that's something I would checkout if I was you. As always dyor

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
fulgdenea

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:57:30 AM

Better you move this to yobit and play dice there because yobit is the only place in the whole crypto world where you can turn this $10 into a million. Grin Tongue
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:20:36 AM

Better you move this to yobit and play dice there because yobit is the only place in the whole crypto world where you can turn this $10 into a million. Grin Tongue

I hope you are joking...

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:31:22 AM

just invest it in a newbon cryptocoin in its initial phase.
As many users have claimed that they have made more profits with this strategy.
BTW in my opinion you should buy an account on the forum and can double these in a week or two. And currently i'm also doing the same.

K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:21:44 AM

I know it's a small amount, but I'd like a new altcoin to hold. Suggest what coin I should buy, and convince me why  Grin

(serious answers only, please)

Thanks in advance!

I would suggest peercoin, it has active development going on and innovative projects such as peershares. Peershares is a peercoin technology which has been used to build nubits and the upcoming bricks and chains decentralised exchange. There is also plans for a counterparty implementation to peercoin allowing for peercoin 2.0 coins to run on top of the peercoin blockchain.

Apart from that peercoin is built for the long term the 1% annual POS interest will allow for very little inflation and as such peercoin works better as a store of value rather than a everyday transaction currency. In 20 years time i can say with little doubt that peercoin will be around in some form or another.

In terms of price peercoin was once 3rd in market cap behind bitcoin and litecoin, within a space of 5 days the price went from $0.42 to $8. This kind of pump has happened before and it is possible for it to happen again. In fact just a couple of weeks ago when litecoin was pumping peercoin jumped from #11 to #4 on coinmarketcap. The coin has potential.
Abou Talha

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:45:54 PM

Paycon, not Paycoin. Paycon has a very low marketcap; so, it's a good entry to make 10x roi. Its dev is active, community is growing. It's harder to buy some cheap Paycon right now.
OBAViJEST (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 04:56:49 PM

I've never lost money until I started playing YoBit dice....not this time  Kiss
plost24

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:03:37 PM

I've never lost money until I started playing YoBit dice....not this time  Kiss
no need to play dice game many gambler said that always the house win then just invest in a dice site and look at your profit grow more and more  Tongue
that is what i'm doing  Wink
if the dice site have low bankroll you will get more profits Wink
good luck !

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:26:08 PM

I've never lost money until I started playing YoBit dice....not this time  Kiss
no need to play dice game many gambler said that always the house win then just invest in a dice site and look at your profit grow more and more  Tongue
that is what i'm doing  Wink
if the dice site have low bankroll you will get more profits Wink
good luck !

What do you mean by 'investing' in a dice site? How does that work, and how do you know you can trust the site owner? PM me if you'd like. Thanks Smiley
OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:27:58 PM

I know it's a small amount, but I'd like a new altcoin to hold. Suggest what coin I should buy, and convince me why  Grin

(serious answers only, please)

Thanks in advance!

I would suggest peercoin, it has active development going on and innovative projects such as peershares. Peershares is a peercoin technology which has been used to build nubits and the upcoming bricks and chains decentralised exchange. There is also plans for a counterparty implementation to peercoin allowing for peercoin 2.0 coins to run on top of the peercoin blockchain.

Apart from that peercoin is built for the long term the 1% annual POS interest will allow for very little inflation and as such peercoin works better as a store of value rather than a everyday transaction currency. In 20 years time i can say with little doubt that peercoin will be around in some form or another.

In terms of price peercoin was once 3rd in market cap behind bitcoin and litecoin, within a space of 5 days the price went from $0.42 to $8. This kind of pump has happened before and it is possible for it to happen again. In fact just a couple of weeks ago when litecoin was pumping peercoin jumped from #11 to #4 on coinmarketcap. The coin has potential.

Thank you for the detailed information! I've always been interested in peercoin, now you have my full attention.... I'll see you in the official thread Smiley appreciate your reply, cheers  Grin
OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 01:44:49 AM

Teach me more about GEC...im interested
OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 02:45:56 AM

Teach me more about GEC...im interested

Great Empire of Earth, an empire that (in part) spans (without limitation) an earth-centered celestial-sphere with a radius twofold that of its planet-moon system, has a state money, "GEC," that would, seemingly, effect a more material subjugation of international plutocracy by means of economic heterarchy.

(G.E. law extends both throughout and without the [dark] grey, earth-centered celestial-sphere below.)

Any cleanet links?
OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 04:32:45 AM

Any cleanet links?

All of those hyperlinks are of that sort.

Thanks, sorry was on mobile & didn't click it  Grin thanks for the info!
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 07:00:37 AM

$10 is not much to be honest.

I'd rather put those in a high risk HYIP than to try with an altcoin

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:47:49 AM

$10 gets you 6,25 kilos of UNO (YTD high of $5 now at bottom $1.60)
built on the bitcoin hashing network, so it is here to stay (merge mining)
factor the super low inflation and it's like buying 3200 btc for $10

now it is also POW so you just cold store that $10 of Unobtanium
wait 36 months and thank me later
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500  (stop by or feel free to PM)

---
ps
POS 'staking' is a hassle if you're new to it and $10 ain't gonna get you enough 'weight' to be worth the time/work/effort of staking.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 10:32:58 AM

UNO (unobtanium)

Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:47:57 PM

You should try to get some Mintcoin (MINT).

Mintcoin is extremely fast. For example, Confirmations are 20x faster than Bitcoin (30 seconds vs 10 minutes). In this day and age, money needs to be flowing for economic activity to progress, and to know that your money is good to go within seconds is a great feature. (Think of it like knowing that someone's check has cleared the bank within seconds, with MINT you know they are good for the money in seconds). If you were to pay for your food at a restaurant, with Mintcoin, you just scan a QR code for the menue item, and the waiter can see that the money is in and paid for right away, without excessive wait times. Makes business much easier. Speed is just one thing that sets Mintcoin apart.

Another thing that sets Mintcoin apart is it's fungibility. MINT has almost 22-billion coins as of this writing. A large coin supply is essential to be able to be easily tradeable and widely adopted on a global scale. This coin supply will gradually continue to grow at a fixed rate in the future. The fact of the matter is, coins get lost over time. Unlike say, precious metals like gold, Crypto-coins that are lost are gone out of the money supply forever. The problem is that eventually a coin such as bitcoin could become to rare and unaffordable, it will fail to be practically used in everyday trading, and microvaluations. If that happens, the value could actually drop out of the bottom, quickly be abandoned and result in a collapse. In the coming years, Mintcoin will offer a 5% annual percentage rate for savers (minters). Since many coins will not be saved for minting, and intead be used for transactions, not everyone will mint their coins, so the savers who are the minters will gain a slight edge in yield over spenders. The benefits of this is that by rewarding savers, it promotes conservative spending behavior, rather than wastful spending tendencies. If everyone saves their coins, they will increase in value, resulting in a wealth effect for all users. 5% I'd consider to be the ideal rate, as any higher runs the risk of being inflationary, and any lower, will likely have the result of becoming unfungible as I discussed above. So MINT has the ideal and perfect balance in this respect. As we have already started to witness with Mintcoin's price this year, the wealth effect is already starting to take root, which I put forth will become even stronger in the years to come.

Another thing that sets Mintcoin apart that should not be overlooked is that our community organizer is a woman. As far as I know, no other crypto-coin has this. She is basically the first woman to step up to take such a prominent role in all of crypto-coin history. So far she is doing an excellent job. There are few women in this field, and if this gets attention, and other women rally around her, it could really be a boon for this market in general. MINT has cryptomommy ^ ^

The Mintcoin name also sets it apart, at it ideally describes in lay terms what is happening, without trying to explain to people proof of stake. You simply save your coins to mint coins. The name is unrivalled. MINT has awesome connotations. It is so "mint". It is like "mint" condition.

The Mintcoin logo is also perfect to represent Money. An "M". Identifiable as M oney sign. And tick marks represent it as money too. Also a great minty color scheme.

Another thing, is Mintcoin was released initially as proof of work over a year ago, for the initial distribution. This was before the scrypt ASICs were invented, and it was converted to 100% proof of stake a few weeks later right before they came on the market. This helped to ensure a fairer distribution of initial coins because nowadays, there are basically corporate mining monopolies to hog all initial distributions of new coins, and it is less fair and balanced nowadays. Mintcoin made the switch at the right time.

Furthermore, Mintcoin is energy efficient. No mining gear is required to maintain the network and no mining gear is required to mint new coins. The way I look at it, invest what you would put into mining gear, directly into buying Mintcoin itself, and save it into an address that you name "would-be mining gear". Then watch when after about 20 says or so, that " would-be mining gear" starts minting new coins! It is the a great feeling. Buying the coins, also helps raise the price over time too, so each newly minted coin becomes even more valuable. And then if you want to re-invest the newly minted coins, it is simple, just keep saving, and the new coins you just minted will start minting new coins too! So basically MINT is a wealth producer, as by its design it does not need outside mining equipment and extra electricity, and the coins themselves are like little miners for you, that will keep working efficiently for you. Unlike mining gear that loses value and ability to mine over time, mintcoins will hold their value and maintain their ability to mint new coins if you keep saving them.

Mintcoin is a true asset. By the definition that the coins themselves are cash flow producing, in the form of new coins. That right there is the main concept, for wealth effect. For example, Gold doesn't produce anything, but mintcoins do. You don't have to do anything either, allows for a potential retirement opportunity, without a lot of work. Just simple run the wallet, and save your coins, and watch them grow.

The combination of all of this makes Mintcoin the coin of choice.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:47:29 PM

I think you should keep it for now and wait until you have some decent amount of btc and invest it in either clams or ethereum.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:01:04 PM

You should try to get some Mintcoin (MINT).

Mintcoin is extremely fast. For example, Confirmations are 20x faster than Bitcoin (30 seconds vs 10 minutes). In this day and age, money needs to be flowing for economic activity to progress, and to know that your money is good to go within seconds is a great feature. (Think of it like knowing that someone's check has cleared the bank within seconds, with MINT you know they are good for the money in seconds). If you were to pay for your food at a restaurant, with Mintcoin, you just scan a QR code for the menue item, and the waiter can see that the money is in and paid for right away, without excessive wait times. Makes business much easier. Speed is just one thing that sets Mintcoin apart.

Another thing that sets Mintcoin apart is it's fungibility. MINT has almost 22-billion coins as of this writing. A large coin supply is essential to be able to be easily tradeable and widely adopted on a global scale. This coin supply will gradually continue to grow at a fixed rate in the future. The fact of the matter is, coins get lost over time. Unlike say, precious metals like gold, Crypto-coins that are lost are gone out of the money supply forever. The problem is that eventually a coin such as bitcoin could become to rare and unaffordable, it will fail to be practically used in everyday trading, and microvaluations. If that happens, the value could actually drop out of the bottom, quickly be abandoned and result in a collapse. In the coming years, Mintcoin will offer a 5% annual percentage rate for savers (minters). Since many coins will not be saved for minting, and intead be used for transactions, not everyone will mint their coins, so the savers who are the minters will gain a slight edge in yield over spenders. The benefits of this is that by rewarding savers, it promotes conservative spending behavior, rather than wastful spending tendencies. If everyone saves their coins, they will increase in value, resulting in a wealth effect for all users. 5% I'd consider to be the ideal rate, as any higher runs the risk of being inflationary, and any lower, will likely have the result of becoming unfungible as I discussed above. So MINT has the ideal and perfect balance in this respect. As we have already started to witness with Mintcoin's price this year, the wealth effect is already starting to take root, which I put forth will become even stronger in the years to come.

Another thing that sets Mintcoin apart that should not be overlooked is that our community organizer is a woman. As far as I know, no other crypto-coin has this. She is basically the first woman to step up to take such a prominent role in all of crypto-coin history. So far she is doing an excellent job. There are few women in this field, and if this gets attention, and other women rally around her, it could really be a boon for this market in general. MINT has cryptomommy ^ ^

The Mintcoin name also sets it apart, at it ideally describes in lay terms what is happening, without trying to explain to people proof of stake. You simply save your coins to mint coins. The name is unrivalled. MINT has awesome connotations. It is so "mint". It is like "mint" condition.

The Mintcoin logo is also perfect to represent Money. An "M". Identifiable as M oney sign. And tick marks represent it as money too. Also a great minty color scheme.

Another thing, is Mintcoin was released initially as proof of work over a year ago, for the initial distribution. This was before the scrypt ASICs were invented, and it was converted to 100% proof of stake a few weeks later right before they came on the market. This helped to ensure a fairer distribution of initial coins because nowadays, there are basically corporate mining monopolies to hog all initial distributions of new coins, and it is less fair and balanced nowadays. Mintcoin made the switch at the right time.

Furthermore, Mintcoin is energy efficient. No mining gear is required to maintain the network and no mining gear is required to mint new coins. The way I look at it, invest what you would put into mining gear, directly into buying Mintcoin itself, and save it into an address that you name "would-be mining gear". Then watch when after about 20 says or so, that " would-be mining gear" starts minting new coins! It is the a great feeling. Buying the coins, also helps raise the price over time too, so each newly minted coin becomes even more valuable. And then if you want to re-invest the newly minted coins, it is simple, just keep saving, and the new coins you just minted will start minting new coins too! So basically MINT is a wealth producer, as by its design it does not need outside mining equipment and extra electricity, and the coins themselves are like little miners for you, that will keep working efficiently for you. Unlike mining gear that loses value and ability to mine over time, mintcoins will hold their value and maintain their ability to mint new coins if you keep saving them.

Mintcoin is a true asset. By the definition that the coins themselves are cash flow producing, in the form of new coins. That right there is the main concept, for wealth effect. For example, Gold doesn't produce anything, but mintcoins do. You don't have to do anything either, allows for a potential retirement opportunity, without a lot of work. Just simple run the wallet, and save your coins, and watch them grow.

The combination of all of this makes Mintcoin the coin of choice.

I think mintcoin is dead like pnd  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: