Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:17:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This Is How To Kill XT…  (Read 3893 times)
BitProdigy (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 02:47:59 AM

Arguably the greatest threat to bitcoin is those who don't believe in Consensus and are willing to go against a consensus decision to maintain their own block chain, splitting bitcoin in half, doubling the 21 million limit, inflating bitcoin by 50%, making every bodies bitcoin much less valuable, and possibly destroying confidence in bitcoin's scarcity as a store of value, ultimately killing Bitcoin for everybody.

For all of the hate and animosity I see coming from the Anti-XT side of this debate, we should note that the greatest threat to bitcoin is those who will destroy bitcoin for everyone by not accepting a consensus decision.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 02:50:20 AM

Increase the BlockSize on Core.

It's obvious. We all want to increase the block size. Virtually no one disagrees about that. We have consensus!

But why doesn't it happen? Because the Core developers have invested 21 million dollars in BlockStream which requires small block sizes to maximize it's usefulness and profits. If you want to talk about a hostile takeover of Bitcoin, its' this TINY group of people who don't want to increase the block size vs the VAST MAJORITY of everyone else that wants to increase the Blocksize on Core.

The only reason XT is even in serious consideration, the only reason people are threatening to split bitcoin into two chains and go against consensus, is because the OBVIOUS SOLUTION to our problem is being stone walled by these developers who have more incentive for the success of BlockStream than they have incentive for the success of Bitcoin.

As the Core developers will not allow for a block size increase on Core, the only logical solution is to vote for XT. If you want to drop XT in it's tracks, support a block size increase on Core.

That a good idea to increase blocksize at bitcoin core
but who will do it ?
where satosi nakamoto ?

the solution is bitcoin XT... I vote to bitcoin XT

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:28:02 AM

Why have so many threads on one topic?
All by the Op! If I believe his latest stance about supporting core if they where to create bigger blocks, then what am I supposed to make of the other threads?
Its insulting to play members of the forum this way. Debate fine but the propaganda can stop.
BitProdigy (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 04:11:24 AM

Why have so many threads on one topic?
All by the Op! If I believe his latest stance about supporting core if they where to create bigger blocks, then what am I supposed to make of the other threads?
Its insulting to play members of the forum this way. Debate fine but the propaganda can stop.

I am just very concerned with the current debate and am doing my best to understand the problem and work towards the best solution. My stance has evolved from vehemently Anti-XT, to tentatively Pro-XT, to confidently Pro-XT, back and now to Pro Core BlockSize increase but XT if Core is stonewalled. My posts reflect this evolution and invite productive discussion.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:30:13 AM

Increase the BlockSize on Core.

It's obvious. We all want to increase the block size. Virtually no one disagrees about that. We have consensus!

But why doesn't it happen? Because the Core developers have invested 21 million dollars in BlockStream which requires small block sizes to maximize it's usefulness and profits. If you want to talk about a hostile takeover of Bitcoin, its' this TINY group of people who don't want to increase the block size vs the VAST MAJORITY of everyone else that wants to increase the Blocksize on Core.

The only reason XT is even in serious consideration, the only reason people are threatening to split bitcoin into two chains and go against consensus, is because the OBVIOUS SOLUTION to our problem is being stone walled by these developers who have more incentive for the success of BlockStream than they have incentive for the success of Bitcoin.

As the Core developers will not allow for a block size increase on Core, the only logical solution is to vote for XT. If you want to drop XT in it's tracks, support a block size increase on Core.

I agree. This is the easiest way to cut off bitcoin XT or at least make the core devs look relevant if they would make their own block size decision ..would calm the waters imho
even if bitcoin xt ran the clock out to its Jan fork

Why they have NOT done this leads me to believe two things:

1) these two groups really really hate each others guts now and it is all about power

2) and power as such means the keys to the kingdom of where the code of btc will go ..if it goes to bitcoin XT then two devs will decide how far how fast
    (or not) to make core changes..ie ...coup de ta.  On the other hand in the other camp the core devs say get the win...and probably be the worst of worlds in the other direction and will not innovate much nor push new code very little ..ie the status quo...in other words either way has more ..much more risks and such then just frigging consensus

3) Then again I again agree with the OP here ....the only play the core group has is to raise block size (even modestly) to calm the waters and again I find them NOT
     doing so .....so puzzling...it again has to be all my way or the highway in both camps dev power play

Sh*t just put them 'nerds' in a room and they could have a 'slap fight' for consensus it would be more entertaining and guicker then dragging this out to January 2016 imho
with the fork

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:14:38 AM

Most people want big size block, but they don't like XT.
If the core developer can't give people  big size block, then the only choice is XT.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:21:28 AM

Most people want big size block, but they don't like XT.
If the core developer can't give people  big size block, then the only choice is XT.

What exactly is preventing us, or anyone from just implementing BIP101 and submitting it to the community? And Bigger block is something that we will need in the future but i don't see any urgency. Even XT at the very least wont come to be for months. So again;

Why the rush?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:05:15 AM

We dont need XT. what we need is bitcoin core increase blocksize

steven.G999

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:08:16 AM

Make it 2MB already! Why do you still wait? Do we have to depend on some X-Core devs? We still have other devs. Let's make it happen and discussion will be over. I don't see anybody who rejects 2 MB block size.
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:11:08 AM

We dont need XT. what we need is bitcoin core increase blocksize

Seems not to be the case. It is available, but nobody is downloading it yet. They prefer XT.

https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/nodes/?q=/Satoshi%20+%20BIP101:0.11.0/
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:15:46 AM

We don't need or want XT, but we need the block size increase. Adopt BIP 101, but not XT.

Didn't you read, some core developers aren't letting the block size increase with core, so creating xt you bypass that. So some core developers are just being an ass here.
uxgpf

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:59:11 AM

where satosi nakamoto ?

It can be phased in, like:

if (blocknumber > 115000)
    maxblocksize = largerlimit

It can start being in versions way ahead, so by the time it reaches that block number and goes into effect, the older versions that don't have it are already obsolete.

When we're near the cutoff block number, I can put an alert to old versions to make sure they know they have to upgrade.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1347.msg15366#msg15366

This discussion is old. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: