Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:20:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Lads - Needing some guidance  (Read 1357 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:17:52 AM

Well I guess the bitcoin life just isnt for me Sad Maybe I should look into litecoin instead due to its market growing so iit might be best to pitch in while I can I still can. But does it have the same issues as bitcoin regarding getting started?

yes, sadly it have. and you can apply this logic to literally any crypto out there. simply, you missed the train so as I mentioned above, only possibility is "hobby" mining with low cost gear.

anyway, is quite cool to start playing with it, so don't miss the opportunity to learn cool stuff.

I understand your point as a pure hobby, but It really wasn't my first intentions to get into bitcoin just for the techy side of it, as I like to run everything like a business so I can at least make a few bucks back if its an on going matter. But purely I was more or so interested into to a reasonably profitable sideline task if you will and something I could build up overtime and be proud of all miners I would buy:D. But I guess that I was a bit late arrival to the bit train.  

One last note "literally any crypto out there". Does that mean that litecoin and all others are out of my reach? Are there any cyptos that are stable

at 26 cents a kwatt all  coin mining is a loser to you .

Soooo  if you want coins as a money maker buy 1 or 2 and hold it….

and buy this miner https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1123519.0

it is about 30  for you point it here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763510.0

this is an all or nothing chance at an entire block (think lottery)  it will cost you 2 or 3 dollars a month to most likely never win .

but since you purchased a few coins  you can win on the stock market type idea of coins.

2 coins are 440 usd today  in a year they could be 550 usd.

Oh on one final note, is cloud mining any good. I am looking at https://hashflare.io

If you are really at .23$/kWh or such, you'll have to look at either cloud mining (not recommended) or miner hosting.

For instance if you get a few miners and host them somewhere cheap, you are probably looking at 1year break even. More or less by quite a bit depending on how cheap you pay per kWh and which hardware you pick and at what price.

If you really want to get to cloud mining i recommend something from a compagny at the very least well known, like hashnest from Bitmain.
https://www.hashnest.com/

But you have to keep in mind they are there to make money off you. So tough deal really.

Oh shit yeah. Haha you guys must be lucky where you live. Per kWh = 0.33$/KwH. I saw that to and obviously they are out to make money too. But Its a good investment, I double my money after a two years, buy more hash, double again. Only thing Is I have to look out for the difficulty considering that, buy no pain no gain. Also with hashnest is it actually lifetime as noted or is there a hidden limit in there contract (the link to TOS is 404ing at the moment for me)

Well they probably have a line that allow them to shutdown if they want. But otherwise if for 10 days the cost/profit ratio is at 100% or higher that specific miner tab contract get disabled and you're allowed to reclaim hardware if you pay them 50$ for handling. Per unit.

And after one year you'd maybe break even != double your money. The thing will probably have devalued greatly. After an additional year you might profit 20-50% over your initial investment, so 10-24% APR? If not 0. Its really not big. Probably a bit better than their pacmic, but nothing like ROI after 3 months with home mining with cheap electricity.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌